DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I get the feeling that Hack-a-Dwight is going to be a "thing" this year.  So much so that a rule change comes down next season.

A thing this year? Its been a thing the past 2 years. I recall San Antonio did it in a game leading w/ double digits in the 4th just to keep the Lakers from scoring and it worked. 

Its great if you don't have Dwight on your team and it can get your team back in the game, but it makes for longer, boring basketball games. NBA games shouldn't be going past 3 hours. Its like going to an indy wrestling show that never ends. :)

I meant a "thing" as in, it will be harped on by the media moreso than usual, and the league will notice.

I mean, that tactic has been around since Shaq was in Orlando(possibly earlier, but I'm not THAT old), but there has never been a huge fuss.  However, this year it's happening to what is supposed to be an NBA powerhouse team, and we know how the league office feels about protecting superstar teams.

You can't do it after 2 minutes.Legit, why even keep Dwight in the game once they foul him? Asik's a good defender and a better FT shooter.

Dwight and his total lack of self awareness doesn't help. He actually thinks he should be getting fed the ball more in those late game situations. Take him out expect him to pout. 

This booing of Bynum is way over the top. Yes it was a laughably bad trade for the Sixers but it could have been worse. He could have signed an extension. Just need to avoid looking at Vucevic's stats. 

6 good games in a row for Evan Turner. I am afraid to completely buy in with him. The inevitable slump after a run of good games might not be inevitable after all. Getting Wroten from Memphis was a steal. Can't be fun to have to deal with him and MCW on the court at the same time. 

He had a really solid game tonight. 22 points, 11 steals, and couple of really nice pull-up threes on the break. Josh Smith had a pretty damn good game, too.

But Kevin Durant decided to drop 37 on us, which is the long and the short of it. 

Steven Adams had a monster game off the bench. Keep an eye on him. 

I've watched every Pistons game this season so far, and I like what I'm seeing. They're much better than last season, and at the very least, they're going to be entertaining. I fucking hate Rodney Stuckey, but he's had a couple of good games. Things seem to run a lot better when Chauncey's on the floor, though. 

I think they'll make it to the playoffs, but regardless of where they finish, I'm actually stoked on the Pistons for the first time in years and that's good enough for me. 

Heh, the Wolves aren't scary.  Love is.  As I mentioned before, they have next to no depth.  Their bench only managed six points last night.  If Dallas hadn't gave away so many second chance buckets, the T-Wolves would have lost badly last night.

Any of you Lakers fans catch that game last night?

Nope. I have Dish Network AND they still haven't added TWCSportsnet, which is pretty great considering how crappy the Lakers have been the past 2 seasons. I'll probably have to switch providers, but I can wait until next year. :) 

I do follow games on twitter though and heard Davis was amazing.

It was more Wade line driving the ball off the backboard on purpose on the second one that really did it. That and whoever did one of the worst boxing out jobs I've ever seen on the rebound, didn't catch who it was but it was probably Bosh. Still though, no fucking idea what Wade was thinking or what the person who told him to do that was thinking, I think every Heat fan knew they were losing after that one.

One thing I can say about Miami; when they give no fucks about a game they really give no fucks about a game.

• Like 1