DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

It probably should have never come down to that shot, but at least he hit it.

Fun fact from SC this morning,  before last night, LeBron was 0-12 on 3 point shots in the last 10 seconds of a regular season game.  

Lebron James as Dave Chapelle as Rick James

The Golden State Warriors as Charlie Murphy

Is there another athlete who has given less of a fuck than Andrew Bynum? There have been plenty of guys who claimed not to give a fuck, or some that tried to convince you they don't give a fuck, but when it comes to actually not giving a flying fuck, Andrew Bynum is in a class by himself.

MAYBE Derrick Coleman?
Benoit Benjamin was the all-time champion of giving no fucks unless it was the last month of a contract year. Most notably, he would sometimes "accidentally" bring two left sneakers to practice so that he wouldn't have to participate.

So the Andrew Bynum All-Stars starts two centers.  I don't think we should consider drug addicts for this, just really talented players who seemed to be trying to get fired so they can still get paid millions of dollars to sit on the couch.  I think Marvin Barnes did enough pre-cocaine to merit inclusion, but then again he did always seem to play hard, so I'm split...wait, what am I saying Marvin Barnes is the team captain.  Gilbert Arenas shat in a guys shoe, and brought four handguns into the locker room, then gestured like he was shooting his teammates in the huddle after it became a huge news story.  Congrats Gil, you have earned the starting point guard spot.  We need a guy who always played hard, could get buckets, but would not hesitate to lay hands on you...Jerry Stackhouse welcome to the team.  That is actually a pretty good starting five, if we could get all of them giving a fuck at the same time they might win a championship.  That is the beauty of the team, there is no way whatsoever all of them would give a fuck at the same time unless...sixth man Stephen Jackson.  If we could get Stackhouse and Captain Jack to enforce the rules, could they beat the rest of those guys into playing hard for one season?  Would there be a more fun team to follow from afar, than this team.  I would hate for them to be on my favorite team, but I would watch every single highlight, read every box score, and try my best to figure out who Stack or Jack had to punch in the face this week at practice.

Is there another athlete who has given less of a fuck than Andrew Bynum? There have been plenty of guys who claimed not to give a fuck, or some that tried to convince you they don't give a fuck, but when it comes to actually not giving a flying fuck, Andrew Bynum is in a class by himself.

MAYBE Derrick Coleman?
Benoit Benjamin was the all-time champion of giving no fucks unless it was the last month of a contract year. Most notably, he would sometimes "accidentally" bring two left sneakers to practice so that he wouldn't have to participate.

So the Andrew Bynum All-Stars starts two centers.  I don't think we should consider drug addicts for this, just really talented players who seemed to be trying to get fired so they can still get paid millions of dollars to sit on the couch.  I think Marvin Barnes did enough pre-cocaine to merit inclusion, but then again he did always seem to play hard, so I'm split...wait, what am I saying Marvin Barnes is the team captain.  Gilbert Arenas shat in a guys shoe, and brought four handguns into the locker room, then gestured like he was shooting his teammates in the huddle after it became a huge news story.  Congrats Gil, you have earned the starting point guard spot.  We need a guy who always played hard, could get buckets, but would not hesitate to lay hands on you...Jerry Stackhouse welcome to the team.  That is actually a pretty good starting five, if we could get all of them giving a fuck at the same time they might win a championship.  That is the beauty of the team, there is no way whatsoever all of them would give a fuck at the same time unless...sixth man Stephen Jackson.  If we could get Stackhouse and Captain Jack to enforce the rules, could they beat the rest of those guys into playing hard for one season?  Would there be a more fun team to follow from afar, than this team.  I would hate for them to be on my favorite team, but I would watch every single highlight, read every box score, and try my best to figure out who Stack or Jack had to punch in the face this week at practice.

What about Ron Artest ? Does being crazy count for this team?

EDIT; Forget Artest, Eddy Curry!

We should do an All-Star Break "Game of The Year" list like we would for wrestling. THIS SEASON HAS BEEN SO GOOD!

My Top Games: 1) Blazers/Pacers 1 (The Blazers have arrived!) 2) Blazers/Pacers 2 (The Pacers are amazing!) 3) Golden State's Comeback Against The Raptors. 4) Sixers beat The Heat on opening night! 5) GSW/Heat last night, with one of the best final few minutes of basketball in memory.

I'm sure I'm missing some others.

MAYBE Derrick Coleman?

What about Ron Artest ? Does being crazy count for this team?

EDIT; Forget Artest, Eddy Curry!

Let's bench Benjamin for Z-bo, and add J.R. Smith and Ron Artest to the bench.  That team would be the greatest collection of talent ever, but they would fail so hard.  Xavier McDaniel and Stephon Marbury should be here too, but that is just too many guards, and I'm sure someone would die by the All-Star break.

Is this team a "don't give a fuck" all-time list or now including crazy guys because Ron doesn't fit the first category. His craziness got the best of him at times, but he was always very remorseful about doing it, while some of the guys like Bynum never showed any remorse for shit they did and instead kept doing it.

I believe RandomAct is mentioning D-Fish for quitting on the Mavs. Same with Odom. 

Is this team a "don't give a fuck" all-time list or now including crazy guys because Ron doesn't fit the first category. His craziness got the best of him at times, but he was always very remorseful about doing it, while some of the guys like Bynum never showed any remorse for shit they did and instead kept doing it.

I believe RandomAct is mentioning D-Fish for quitting on the Mavs. Same with Odom. 

Yea, I fucked up for mentioning Artest. . . My Bad.

Mr. Lake Havasu Cedric Ceballos! I still remember it like it was yesterday. He took a trip mid-season to Lake Havasu without telling anyone. I believe the Lakers traded him the following offseason for Big Shot Rob. That's gotta be one of the more memorable "don't-give-a-fuck" moments in Lakers history.

He didn't even need to foul. Just not let LeBron get comfortable where he can decide which shot he can take. He walked across the timeline with 10 seconds left. Nobody pressured him as he came across. I know AI is one of the best wing defenders in basketball, but to paraphrase Arn Anderson, "That's no man! That's LeBron James!"

Get him out of his comfort zone. Have confidence in your team's ability to switch on defense and make the player YOU want to beat you. 

Chalmers, Bosh and Allen can all hit threes from either the top of the key or the corner. Battier likes it on the wings. So push LeBron to go one of those ways, especially with Battier on the floor!

Jackson had a fucking free throw attempt to sort out his defense! And he decided to do nothing? Get out of here.