DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

Next week on the docket we have Luis el Gayo vs Rene Gerber.

Gerber is just an exceptional heel. At one point he has the entire first row coming at him. This is El Gayo getting some modicum of revenge. There's a lot of this in the match. I love the camera angle here though and the absolutely warranted intensity.

YWnN7p.gif

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

Next week on the docket we have Luis el Gayo vs Rene Gerber.

Gerber is just an exceptional heel. At one point he has the entire first row coming at him. This is El Gayo getting some modicum of revenge. There's a lot of this in the match. I love the camera angle here though and the absolutely warranted intensity.

YWnN7p.gif

Those European uppercuts look brutal

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

zULrxo2.gif

Storm told a story about working with Morrus at that time. Hugh was going through some head injury stuff and the WCW doctor kept saying, "look, you can't let that guy keep kicking you in the head every night." Morrus was like, "You do know he's not actually kicking me right? There's a reason I'm in there with Lance and not someone else right now."

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Storm told a story about working with Morrus at that time. Hugh was going through some head injury stuff and the WCW doctor kept saying, "look, you can't let that guy keep kicking you in the head every night." Morrus was like, "You do know he's not actually kicking me right? There's a reason I'm in there with Lance and not someone else right now."

Lance Storm gets a lot of shit about being boring, but I always enjoyed watching him.  He worked an athletic, technical style that could adapt to almost anyone.  I always thought as long as he was working that style he was great, but they were forever putting him in positions to brawl or swing a chair and shit just fell apart.

• Like 5

So there was a three way for the IWTV title scheduled five minutes ago, but then someone randomly showed up and was added to the match, and almost won:

But this was the finish:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Lance Storm gets a lot of shit about being boring, but I always enjoyed watching him.  He worked an athletic, technical style that could adapt to almost anyone.  I always thought as long as he was working that style he was great, but they were forever putting him in positions to brawl or swing a chair and shit just fell apart.

And the thing is, he was never actually boring. That stupid angle with Austin has given people the impression that he was never involved in anything that people were interested in or was ever over. He certainly wasn't flashy but he was a pretty good heel throughout his entire career. 

• Like 2