DVDVR Message Board

DC TV - 2020

J.T.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

When your face is rubber, easy to recast. 

Earlier in the summer, the showrunner said they would resolve the ongoing storyline, then take Ralph off the canvas for a bit and maybe bring him back with a different actor in the role.  It was implied that Ralph would be in disguise (to explain the recast).  It sounded like Sue might stick around even while Ralph was out of the picture.

I still don't get the Sawyer tweets.  The tweets I saw were so bizarre, it's hard to take it seriously.  I kind felt like the dude is either very weird or disturbed, tweets while high/drunk, or is about 3000% percent less funny than he thinks he is.   It was the sort of stuff racists/misogynists tweet in a dumb comedy film, not the way a misogynist would tweet in real life.

Not that that excuses him, in the least.  The best case scenario is that Hartley is a very strange guy with no filter.  That's not a good look either.  

Edited by Eoae

9 hours ago, D.Z said:

New Batwoman

EizdqsHX0AEHtia.jpg

bf949f62f539185649a047e4739cfa5f1c36b641

Still think recasting Katherine Kane/Batwoman was the way to go. That character has value. Here you have to establish a new character, Ryan Wilder and those wanting Kate Kane instead. I wish Javicia Leslie well. One of the very few live action cowls with no black eyepaint.

Edited by The Natural

2 hours ago, Eoae said:

I still don't get the Sawyer tweets.  The tweets I saw were so bizarre, it's hard to take it seriously.  I kind felt like the dude is either very weird or disturbed, tweets while high/drunk, or is about 3000% percent less funny than he thinks he is.   It was the sort of stuff racists/misogynists tweet in a dumb comedy film, not the way a misogynist would tweet in real life.

Not that that excuses him, in the least.  The best case scenario is that Hartley is a very strange guy with no filter.  That's not a good look either.  

To be fair I didn't get a bs feel from his apology so he seemingly was a different person who has since tried to improve himself since.

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Still think recasting Katherine Kane/Batwoman was the way to go. That character has value. Here you have to establish a new character, Ryan Wilder and those wanting Kate Kane instead. I wish Javicia Leslie well. One of the very few live action cowls with no black eyepaint.

They killed my interest by not just recasting the Kate role. I liked Rose in it well enough, but not enough that I couldn't have accepted someone new. I would wish the new girl well, but I kind of hope the show falls flat on its ass. There is just something arrogant in the showrunners about the refusal to listen to fans who pretty much all said to just recast the Kate roll. All that said, that costume does not look good to me. I wish the went ahead and altered more since they are straight up doing a new character. Its not like they can convince people she is the original Batwoman.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eivion said:

They killed my interest by not just recasting the Kate role. I liked Rose in it well enough, but not enough that I couldn't have accepted someone new. I would wish the new girl well, but I kind of hope the show falls flat on its ass. There is just something arrogant in the showrunners about the refusal to listen to fans who pretty much all said to just recast the Kate roll. All that said, that costume does not look good to me. I wish the went ahead and altered more since they are straight up doing a new character. Its not like they can convince people she is the original Batwoman.

I predict the show will fall on its ass. The showrunners have an uphill battle as you have those wanting Katherine Kane/Batwoman instead and trying to get them behind a new character in Ryan Wilder who doesn't have a fanbase. Recasting Katherine Kane was the way to go.

Edited by The Natural

He’s a stereotype in the first episode I watched with him in it, but not so different from something like Seinfeld, or any other Jewish comedian that performs self deprecating Jewish humor. Though he’s played by Wayne Knight(Seinfeld’s Newman) who isn’t actually Jewish, but still tends to do that Yiddish voice over the years like he is.

They’ve really just turned everybody into a different stereotype outside of Joker, and Bane(Who has the voice of Hardy’s version of the character). Also Kite Man is in this, and he’s essentially based on that wacky set of comic panels that make him come off as Robot Chicken’s Boba Fett.

Edit: whoops, Wayne Knight is actually a Jewish descendent. Don’t know if actually practices it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just saw a commercial for the new Swamp Thing show on the CW. Lots of CGI, but looks horror themed and pretty gnarly. 

I watched it on DCU last year. I thought it was pretty solid until the last couple of episodes which were rushed. Their episode number got cut from 13 to 10. 

Edited by Eivion

Wait, is the Swamp Thing CW show the DC Universe Show, or a new original series? 

Edit: Okay I see this is the same thing. It’s being advertised as a “mini-series”. Well at least they I trying to give this a chance to find an audience. Maybe even try to get another season.

Edit: Oh this may not be a way to get it another season. It’s only being used to fill gaps in the CW’s lineup due to COVID delays in TV production.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

9 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Edit: Oh this may not be a way to get it another season. It’s only being used to fill gaps in the CW’s lineup due to COVID delays in TV production.

This is exactly why its being used. The only way its gets another season is if the CW airing somehow does super damn well. 

19 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Alan Scott, Kilowog and Sinestro are reportedly the characters for the GL tv show.

Good. Fuck Kyle Rayner. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/6/2020 at 5:33 AM, Eivion said:

This is exactly why its being used. The only way its gets another season is if the CW airing somehow does super damn well. 

From what I'm reading, by all accounts the first episode was a ratings success for the CW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Alan Scott, Kilowog and Sinestro are reportedly the characters for the GL tv show.

Seriously? Are they totally skipping Hal, John, & Kyle or are the three just not around? Alan Scott being involved seems odd as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 5:59 PM, D.Z said:

I misread that as Alan Moore and was really confused for a minute.

Edited by Eoae

ElRmsirVcAA5nxB?format=jpg&name=large

First official look at Javicia Leslie as Ryan Wlder/Batwoman.

9356bbd17ec1458b3fb7144224138bf2.jpg

First official look at Ruby Rose's Kate Kane/Batwoman.

Still believe its fucking stupid replacing Kate Kane/Batwoman, just do a recast of the part. Leslie, this new series of Batwoman and people behind it have an uphill battle.

Edited by The Natural

I've been a bit behind when it comes to talks about the upcoming season.  But did they say if the new Batwoman is somebody that's not Kate Kane?  Are they going to write her out and a different character is taking on the role of Batwoman?  I'm just trying to think of how they're going to spin this so it isn't so jarring when it comes back on.