DVDVR Message Board

2020 HORROR MOVIES

Dolfan in NYC

Hey everybody have you heard the news...very special guest CHRIS JERICHO will be joining Joe Bob, Darcy, and the rest of the gang for the season 2 premiere of THE LAST DRIVE-IN, streaming April 24, only on Shudder!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Probably Creepazoids. Linnea Quigley! 

I am a Brinke Stevens man, but Linnea is still the goods.

Edited by J.T.

1961 horror comedy featuring many of the Carry On regulars, but also includes young(er) Donald Pleasance and Michael Gough. also Shirley Eaton a few years before she was painted gold in a certain bond film.  

Man we loved Underwater.  I didn't even know about the spoiler thing, and it was still cool.  It's Cloverfield underwater -- shit it even has TJ Miller in it.  I have no problems with it.  It was lean and mean and no wasted time on bullshit.  And, also, this is big for me -- nobody really made any dumb decisions, and most people were fairly competent at what they were trying to do. 

Also thank the great old ones that

Spoiler

the bunny survived.  But why did it have to measured in the end credits?  Did it get bigger?  Is it infected with the Cthulu virus?  OH MY GOD

This board talked me into renting Underwater last week. It was solid.

Spoiler

I rented it a couple of days after the director confirmed the big spoiler. Even though I knew what the monster was, it was running my head whether the monster could have just as easily been the Kraken. Somebody  made a video discussing the reasons the monster could have been either creature back after the movie was released in January.  I realized I had never considered the similarities between the Kraken and Cthulhu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

This board talked me into renting Underwater last week. It was solid.

Reveal hidden contents

I rented it a couple of days after the director confirmed the big spoiler. Even though I knew what the monster was, it was running my head whether the monster could have just as easily been the Kraken. Somebody  made a video discussing the reasons the monster could have been either creature back after the movie was released in January.  I realized I had never considered the similarities between the Kraken and Cthulhu.

One of the best things:

Spoiler

The similarities between the Kraken and Cthulu are not a mistake.  There is always context in Lovecraft's stories that suggest that sightings of the Old Ones were the basis of some of the ancient stories and folklore about creatures like sea monsters that mankind has passed down for centuries.

It is very interesting to note that nearly every civilization and culture in human history has stories about dragons, shapeshifting creatures, and the like and the theory of this shared mythology being based on a common group of ancient evil entities is rather fascinating..  

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

For anyone curious about the Creepshow tv series who doesn’t have Shudder, AMC will be airing it Monday nights starting in May. They were supposed to drop them all the same week, but I guess they had programming holes so they’re spacing them out. 

• Like 1

I've always had a real love for DJs and TV personalities that listen to the music or watch the movie with you. Having that human connection to some other person nerding out over a band or a flick in seemingly "real time" made a night owl like me not feel lonely.

So Joe Bob being back couldn't come about at a better time - the 'Rona Blues are getting pretty heavy right about now.

Yeah the Freebird revelation just blew my mind. Like not that they were doing that. But I feel stupid for not thinking to ask Joe Bob if he ever had a Freebirds/Von Erich experience.

They haven't officially talked about it yet, but I'm assuming this is where the Ralphus name came from, which also blows my mind.

• Like 1