DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2019 - WEEK TEN

Dolfan in NYC

After just seeing a video where Damien Woody claims that defenses are more afraid of Kyle Allen than Cam Newton, I have to ask...Is everybody fucking crazy?  

Cam Newton has been the most unique offensive weapon of the decade, and is a former MVP.  Kyle Allen is a good ass back up.  There is not a single scary thing about anything Kyle Allen does.  He's playing pretty well, but is he ever going to win MVP?  Is he going to carry a pupu platter of an offense to the fucking Super Bowl?  Seriously, go back to the 2015 Panthers and look at their skill position talent.  Who is the 2nd best player on their offense?  Greg Olsen?  Ted Ginn?  They went 15-1 and he accounted for 45 touchdowns.  When Kyle Allen dreams, he can't do that.  Cam may never be the same again, we don't know, but don't get on TV saying that defenses are more afraid than a good back up than they are of perhaps the most unique offensive talent of all time.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, supremebve said:

After just seeing a video where Damien Woody claims that defenses are more afraid of Kyle Allen than Cam Newton, I have to ask...Is everybody fucking crazy?  

Cam Newton has been the most unique offensive weapon of the decade, and is a former MVP.  Kyle Allen is a good ass back up.  There is not a single scary thing about anything Kyle Allen does.  He's playing pretty well, but is he ever going to win MVP?  Is he going to carry a pupu platter of an offense to the fucking Super Bowl?  Seriously, go back to the 2015 Panthers and look at their skill position talent.  Who is the 2nd best player on their offense?  Greg Olsen?  Ted Ginn?  They went 15-1 and he accounted for 45 touchdowns.  When Kyle Allen dreams, he can't do that.  Cam may never be the same again, we don't know, but don't get on TV saying that defenses are more afraid than a good back up than they are of perhaps the most unique offensive talent of all time.  

Yeah, but Cam 2015 is long gone. Cam 2019 didn't really scare anyone. 0 touchdown passes.  5 yards rushing. He WAS the most unique offensive talent. He ain't anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tabe said:

Yeah, but Cam 2015 is long gone. Cam 2019 didn't really scare anyone. 0 touchdown passes.  5 yards rushing. He WAS the most unique offensive talent. He ain't anymore. 

He played in one game, and had one working foot in that game.  Before the shoulder injury last year, he was phenomenal.  Kyle Allen isn't even playing particularly well, he's just not turning the ball over.  He's not scaring anyone.  If Cam comes back at 80% of what he was at the beginning of last season, he's in the top half of quarterbacks in the league.  Kyle Allen will be somebody else's back up.  I'm just saying, Cam was very good the last time he was healthy, and people are talking about getting rid of him for a Matt Moore clone.

Because  Cam will never be “healthy” again

Edit - and Cam’s shoulder injury was 2017 not last year

Edit Edit - forgot Cam actually hurt his shoulder in consecutive seasons

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Because  Cam will never be “healthy” again

Edit - and Cam’s shoulder injury was 2017 not last year

Edit Edit - forgot Cam actually hurt his shoulder in consecutive seasons

Last year's shoulder injury is the one that we need to worry about.  With that said, the extra time off is probably the best thing that could have happened with it.  The foot issue should be fine in time, but he is aging in dog years.  The real issue with Cam's body is that Cam spent his entire career playing through injuries that would have kept most other players out.  Do you remember the broken back after that car accident?  He didn't miss a game and had two broken vertebrae.  He also doesn't take pain killers, which probably means he's more affected by injuries than most people.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Good lord... 

That sound you hear is every lawyer in the Washington, DC metro area headed to Trent's home to file a lawsuit on his behalf. 

I'm thinking the league might want to step in and give Dan Snyder the Donald Sterling treatment. Do people realize just how incredibly fucked up this situation with Trent Williams is? If I was their first round pick I'd pull a Raquib Ishmael and sign with the Hamilton Tiger Cats instead.

• Like 1