DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2019 WRESTLING CHAT.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think an argument for HBK in the HOF is DX merch in the first run and then the 2006 run.

Another argument is that he and Taker carried both WM25 and WM26.. seriously there was nothing else on those cards and there were 70,000+ in attendance.

When I bought my tickets to WM 25 I had no idea taker/HBK was in the works and thought we might be getting a big blow off to the Cena/Orton feud from the previous year. You can imagine my disappointment when all the focus became on Orton/HHH. Saying that I have to admit Taker/HBK is the only thing I really recall from 25 aside from the finish to Cena/Edge/Show. 

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Image result for colby corino

Skinny

39714673_1910708002331222_87822484785971

Not skinny. Short. Not skinny. 

Even if had a filter on, how the fuck does this qualify as skinny? He basically has the physique of someone who usually fights in combat sports in his correct weight class which is kinda his gimmick. Do people know what fighters actually look like when they aren't juiced to the high heavens? 

• Like 4

Just now, Oyaji said:

He looks to be in better shape than half of the UFC roster. LOOK AT THE VASCULARITY! 

Vitor Belfort is only two years older than Low Ki. Left is TRT Vitor and the right is no TRT Vitor under ramped up USADA drug testing.

C6zs-thVsAA8Ptq-613x462.jpg

Any questions?

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Vitor Belfort is only two years older than Low Ki. Left is TRT Vitor and the right is no TRT Vitor under ramped up USADA drug testing.

C6zs-thVsAA8Ptq-613x462.jpg

Any questions?

There is an argument that Vitor's decades of steroid use really did shut down his body's ability to produce testosterone.  That 2012 picture is low on the roided out Vitor scale, do you remember his UFC debut? (I know you are one of the few people here who does)  He looks like his entire diet consists of steroids.  Low-Ki probably has juiced, but his body doesn't scream steroids to me.  He's a relatively small guy who is extremely lean, that helps a lot when it comes to muscle definition.  Low-Ki being someone who has been in that kind of shape his entire adult life helps him keep the definition even at his age.  

Low-Ki is a thin man, who is also very muscular...I don't know why that is hard for people to get.  It wouldn't be that hard for a relatively large person to have a bigger forearm than he has a bicep.  He probably has a 15"-16" bicep that is super lean and cut to shreds, but it wouldn't be unheard of for a reasonably large recreational bowler or someone who works with their hands to have a forearm that size.

• Like 1

Devastating news to non-WWE fans if true

If you are not familiar with FITE TV it has become kind of a one stop shop for all promotions not named or tied to WWE.  I use it currently for ROH TV, MLW Fusion, GCW shows, and a few New Japan things.   Also contains probably main reason why they are going after them AEW

Edited by hammerva
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

There is an argument that Vitor's decades of steroid use really did shut down his body's ability to produce testosterone.  That 2012 picture is low on the roided out Vitor scale, do you remember his UFC debut? (I know you are one of the few people here who does)  He looks like his entire diet consists of steroids.  Low-Ki probably has juiced, but his body doesn't scream steroids to me.  He's a relatively small guy who is extremely lean, that helps a lot when it comes to muscle definition.  Low-Ki being someone who has been in that kind of shape his entire adult life helps him keep the definition even at his age.  

Low-Ki is a thin man, who is also very muscular...I don't know why that is hard for people to get.  It wouldn't be that hard for a relatively large person to have a bigger forearm than he has a bicep.  He probably has a 15"-16" bicep that is super lean and cut to shreds, but it wouldn't be unheard of for a reasonably large recreational bowler or someone who works with their hands to have a forearm that size.

Earlier today I was watching the ECW TV title change where Eddie won the belt from Scorpio at Three Way Dance. Eddie was probably on something then because he was fucking buff for a dude his size (making him doing giant backflips off the top rope and flying from the top rope to the floor impressive even now). However, he didn't look as big early in his WCW run. But once he got to WWE (or right before he left WCW), it's entirely noticeable how ripped he was.

So if you're a Low Ki who is also 5'8" (billed as that anyway), you gotta think that being that big isn't good at all for your heart or other organs. If Vitor had been allowed to compete under no testing and at heavyweight like when he first came around in the mid 90s, he would be dead by now. That's no exaggeration. Alistair Overeem showed up skinny as fuck in RINGS in the late 90s, but didn't get ridiculously huge until 2007/2008 and had to cut back once they started ramping up testing in 2016. I can't imagine that dude being "Ubereem" size from his MMA debut until now still fighting.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Earlier today I was watching the ECW TV title change where Eddie won the belt from Scorpio at Three Way Dance. Eddie was probably on something then because he was fucking buff for a dude his size (making him doing giant backflips off the top rope and flying from the top rope to the floor impressive even now). However, he didn't look as big early in his WCW run. But once he got to WWE (or right before he left WCW), it's entirely noticeable how ripped he was.

So if you're a Low Ki who is also 5'8" (billed as that anyway), you gotta think that being that big isn't good at all for your heart or other organs. If Vitor had been allowed to compete under no testing and at heavyweight like when he first came around in the mid 90s, he would be dead by now. That's no exaggeration. Alistair Overeem showed up skinny as fuck in RINGS in the late 90s, but didn't get ridiculously huge until 2007/2008 and had to cut back once they started ramping up testing in 2016. I can't imagine that dude being "Ubereem" size from his MMA debut until now still fighting.

I think you're overestimating how large Low-Ki is.  He's probably around 165 lbs. which is perfectly healthy for someone with his frame.  Every running back on your local high school football team is bigger than him.  I'm 5'7" and I was bigger than him when I was 15, and I was thought of as undersized when I played football.  If you think Low-Ki looks roided out, how do you feel about ACH?  That dude looks like a meatball with feet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I think you're overestimating how large Low-Ki is.  He's probably around 165 lbs. which is perfectly healthy for someone with his frame.  Every running back on your local high school football team is bigger than him.  I'm 5'7" and I was bigger than him when I was 15, and I was thought of as undersized when I played football.  If you think Low-Ki looks roided out, how do you feel about ACH?  That dude looks like a meatball with feet.

Oh I didn't say Low-Ki was on roided out. I'm was talking about Eddie who is likely on something then because no way was he the same weight in 1995 that Low Ki is now. I'm saying that the reason Low Ki was always around the same size as you mentioned is a guy his size isn't suppose to be THAT big like Eddie was when he passed. Thiago Alves is like 5'5"/5'6". When he fought Matt Hughes, he was a fucking cyborg. With USADA testing going on, he looks like a regular dude who might be a fighter...like a Low Ki. His physique looks believable.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

While we're talking about steroids - is The Rock on the juice? I was under the impression that he's just a freak that works out constantly instead of doing normal things, like sleeping, but Brendan Schuab seems to think he's eating steroids for every meal of the day and shit, and Joe Rogan didn't really have an opinion and seems to hold the same opinion as me.

I also always avoid the JRE shows where Schuab is a guest or just in the same room, because he seems like a walking CTE case, but still. When he came back to WWE from 2011-2013 he was smaller than he had been in movies and whatnot - same goes for Brock Lesnar when he came back in 2012, and as time went on he didn't appear as "ripped". Then it came back when he fought Mark Hunt at UFC 200, then it disappeared again.

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Oh I didn't say Low-Ki was on roided out. I'm was talking about Eddie who is likely on something then because no way was he the same weight in 1995 that Low Ki is now. I'm saying that the reason Low Ki was always around the same size as you mentioned is a guy his size isn't suppose to be THAT big like Eddie was when he passed. Thiago Alves is like 5'5"/5'6". When he fought Matt Hughes, he was a fucking cyborg. With USADA testing on, he looks like a regular dude who might be a fighter...like a Low Ki. His physique looks believable.

Eddy's weight fluctuated a lot over his career.  He got really big early in his WCW run, but by the time his cruiserweight run in 1997 comes around, he looks like a regular guy who works out a lot.  Eddy is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, and it isn't uncommon for me to watch a couple of his matches on a lazy Saturday, and he can look like a completely different person from match to match.  

For reference (Thiago Alves pre USADA in 2008ish and right is post USADA)

e1e1b43bda79c51f194d1de230dc806a.png

Thiago Alves also may have the worst injury history in the history of the sport.  That second pic is not only post USADA, it's post brain surgery...I'm legit amazed he could put on the muscle he has at this point.  Thiago was a scary ass dude in his day, but he's about as shop worn as any fighter has ever been.

@Casey are you really asking whether or not a dude who is bigger, more muscular, and in better shape as an actor than he was as a pro wrestler is on steroids?  Just think about that...he had to get plastic surgery to look good with his shirt off in one of the most steroid loving businesses on the planet...but is bigger, stronger, leaner, and more muscular after he left.  

1 minute ago, Casey said:

While we're talking about steroids - is The Rock on the juice? I was under the impression that he's just a freak that works out constantly instead of doing normal things, like sleeping, but Brendan Schuab seems to think he's eating steroids for every meal of the day and shit, and Joe Rogan didn't really have an opinion and seems to hold the same opinion as me.

I also always avoid the JRE shows where Schuab is a guest or just in the same room, because he seems like a walking CTE case, but still. When he came back to WWE from 2011-2013 he was smaller than he had been in movies and whatnot - same goes for Brock Lesnar when he came back in 2012, and as time went on he didn't appear as "ripped". Then it came back when he fought Mark Hunt at UFC 200, then it disappeared again.

I don't take any testing the WWE does as serious so for the people who spent most of their career there, it's basically no contest for me. For an idiot like Schaub to say The Rock is on PEDs, it's not like he is doing something other than the eye test like anyone else does and taking some wild stab in the dark.

1 minute ago, supremebve said:

Thiago Alves also may have the worst injury history in the history of the sport.  That second pic is not only post USADA, it's post brain surgery...I'm legit amazed he could put on the muscle he has at this point.  Thiago was a scary ass dude in his day, but he's about as shop worn as any fighter has ever been.

To be fair the second pic is post morning weigh-in but if you see the fight 30-36 hours later, he didn't rehydrate like he did 10 years earlier where he would go from 170 (that is if he made weight unlike the Hughes fight) to like 200+ pounds in the matter of a day. This man is barely 5'6" and most of that was muscle.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

I have extremely muscular forearms. Low Ki is skinny.

Did it ever stop you from getting busy?

#humptyhump

ErrREEEERerrREEEE, errREEEERerrREEEE, aw yeah ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

If you are not familiar with FITE TV it has become kind of a one stop shop for all promotions not named or tied to WWE.  I use it currently for ROH TV, MLW Fusion, GCW shows, and a few New Japan things.   Also contains probably main reason why they are going after them AEW

God, I hope that doesn't happen.

To be fair the second pic is post morning weigh-in but if you see the fight 30-36 hours later, he didn't rehydrate like he did 10 years earlier where he would go from 170 (that is if he made weight unlike the Hughes fight) to like 200+ pounds in the matter of a day. This man is barely 5'6" and most of that was muscle.

Alves was 5'6", but had a huge frame for his height.  I'm not saying he wasn't on the juice, because let's face it they weren't doing anything to try to catch anyone who was, but he still has massive shoulders which lets you pack on the muscle.  Is he really that short?  I never met him, but it wouldn't surprise me.  I know I met Marcus Davis, and he's listed at 5'8" and I had at least a couple inches on him.  I'm surprised the athletic commissions are bigger sticklers about height.  I swear every MMA fighter I've ever met was either surprisingly large or surprisingly small.  Wanderlei Silva and Michael Bisping both make you stop and say, "oh, I see why you chose to beat people up for a living."  Then you meet someone like Jens Pulver and think, "I know you used to be a champion, but I think I could take you."

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I’m going to vomit. Stuff like this is why I call WWE “The Enemy.”

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Alves was 5'6", but had a huge frame for his height.  I'm not saying he wasn't on the juice, because let's face it they weren't doing anything to try to catch anyone who was, but he still has massive shoulders which lets you pack on the muscle.  Is he really that short?  I never met him, but it wouldn't surprise me.  I know I met Marcus Davis, and he's listed at 5'8" and I had at least a couple inches on him.  I'm surprised the athletic commissions are bigger sticklers about height.  I swear every MMA fighter I've ever met was either surprisingly large or surprisingly small.  Wanderlei Silva and Michael Bisping both make you stop and say, "oh, I see why you chose to beat people up for a living."  Then you meet someone like Jens Pulver and think, "I know you used to be a champion, but I think I could take you."

Greg Savage, who was one of the founders of Sherdog, spent a lot of time at ATT. IIRC he said Thiago Alves was like 5'6". He's billed between 5'8" and 5'9" though. There is a picture of Thiago with Lombard and Romero. He about an inch shorter than Lombard and Lombard is 5'8". Romero is an inch or taller than Lombard at about 5'9 1/2" or 5'10". 

I wouldn't say Alves has a huge frame, but he has a frame you could put muscle on. Pre UFC, he was not big. Early in his UFC run in like 2006, he was decent size wise. Two years later, he look like ate teenage Thiago Alves from two years earlier. It's crazy.