DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SUMMER 2019

Dolfan in NYC

My Arsenal supporting friend is trying to rationalize it by saying Emery managed Luiz at PSG so maybe he knows something we don't. Like, I really have enjoyed Luiz and think he's pretty great when he's not wylin' out but he's not the answer if you're looking for a stabilizing force at the back end. Mustafi and Luiz will have the best Yakety Sax video in, hmmm, a few months' time.

Meanwhile, my fellow Liverpool supporters are (only slightly jokingly) rationalizing this window by thinking we're getting M'bappe next summer and that's why we didn't buy anybody this year. Or Jadon Sancho. I mean, okay? We still need strong options behind Mane and we're hooped if Andy Robertson is injured for any length of time. We have some players who can play (not should, but can) RB, so that's not the end of the world but we'll be relying on either James Milner or Yasser Larouci if Robertson is missing games. *gulp* I know Dybala said he's not interested in England but he at least negotiated with both Spurs and MUFC, so I would've loved for us to at least see what his demands were. I dream of a front four of Mane, Bobby, Dybala, and Salah with Firmino and Dybala creating havoc with their movement and interchanging of position.

Edited by Oyaji

Guest Edwin

How good is Jadon Sancho? I've only seen him in highlight videos and of course, even Carrasco looked like one of the best players in the world on those during his time at Atleti even though he was unreliable as he overdribbled and constantly was turning the ball over, but Jadon is getting a lot of hype.

Edited by Edwin

Transfer window closed (UK, not Europe; Premier League teams can be raided and have no ability to replace the departees), Football League already started, Premiership starts tomorrow night... time to close Summer 2019 and go to the Autumn/ Winter thread?

25 minutes ago, Edwin said:

How good is Jadon Sancho? I've only seen him in highlight videos and of course, even Carrasco looked like one of the best players in the world on those during his time at Atleti even though he was unreliable as he overdribbled and constantly was turning the ball over, but Jadon is getting a lot of hype.

I don't watch the Bundesliga anymore thanks to it being exclusively on Sportsnet World in Canada. @ReiseReise, thoughts on Sancho? Sancho's analytics are really good. Other than that I don't know much.

Guest Edwin
54 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I don't watch the Bundesliga anymore thanks to it being exclusively on Sportsnet World in Canada. @ReiseReise, thoughts on Sancho? Sancho's analytics are really good. Other than that I don't know much.

To add to this -- @ReiseReise how good is Kai Havertz?

He's another young Bundesliga player who's been getting a lot of hype recently.

5 months ago we played our first game. Today we defeated Antigua (Guatemalan champions) to advance in the CONCACAF League. COME ON YOU FORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Edwin

Another bizarre transfer this window -- Shinji Kagawa to Segunda Division's Real Zaragoza.

One more -- Balotelli maybe playing with Filipe Luís for Flamengo in Brazil... Last night the reports were they had reached an agreement and were negotiating his image rights.

19 hours ago, Oyaji said:

18 hours ago, Edwin said:

To add to this -- @ReiseReise how good is Kai Havertz?

He's another young Bundesliga player who's been getting a lot of hype recently.

I'm very sorry, but I really can't be off much help. I haven't really watched much football since EURO 2016. I only saw very few Highlights from Bundesliga and Cup games.

All I heard was hype regarding both players. Both have to have a certain quality, Havertz has already been around a while despite young age and is rumoured for a move to Bayern, Sancho got picked up by Dortmund. 

The hype regarding Sancho seems to come from media outlets while Havertz recently got hyped up by his club and other squad members. He is a young, German Player, so he is bound to get hyped up a bit by the Media over here aswell. 

I really can't say much about both players actual quality or talent. 

• Like 1

That first goal from City, my God. Fantastic vision and through ball from Mahrez, run and setup from Walker and finish from Gabriel Jesus. In the words of Alan Partridge, "that was liquid football."

19 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea. Wow. 1-0 at half-time.

Chelsea controlled the first half until the terrible foul from Zouma in the box. It all went downhill from there.

Everyone's reaction to Pulisic subbing in was hilarious. "OH MY GOD! HERE COMES CAPTAIN AMERICAN TO SAVE US!" He then proceeds to turnover the ball leading to a United goal.

Average player that gets hyped excessively because of his nationality and the leagues interest in growing it's brand in said players country.

And yes, I have seen him play previously and am not solely basing my opinion of him on this game solely (as I know someone will claim that in his defense as usual).