Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

2019 Q2 MOVIE DISCUSSION

Recommended Posts

All I can say about John Wick 3 is... more please!

James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And fucking how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Wick... I heard you liked visceral joyful violence, so I gave you violence on top of violence... and some doge violence for desert.

I totally would love to work as the secretary staff, badass tats requirement included (my head canon is they are employee milestone gifts).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, The Magnificent 7 said:

Wick 3 is awesome. My favorite of the series. Gun porn, knife porn, dog porn, horse porn, Tuco homage porn. Perfection. Prepare thyself, J.T.

I'm going to see it this Saturday, man.  I am totally fucking ready.

I couldn't go on opening weekend because the fam took a vote and everyone wanted to go see Endgame again.

Edited by J.T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I'm going to see it this Saturday, man.  I am totally fucking ready.

I couldn't go on opening weekend because the fam took a vote and everyone wanted to go see Endgame again.

cxiSvEQ.gif

  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

cxiSvEQ.gif

happy-wife-happy-life.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh huh.  And sometimes, dad deserves the big piece of chicken. 

tumblr_plhj2zcMeJ1wbg29ao9_500.gif

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, alll the Wick series is missing is a Danny Trejo appearance

James

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Uh huh.  And sometimes, dad deserves the big piece of chicken. 

tumblr_plhj2zcMeJ1wbg29ao9_500.gif

Since I am the one at grill, I always reserve the largest steak for myself.

Only dumb cooks go hungry.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Since I am the one at grill, I always reserve the largest steak for myself.

Only dumb cooks go hungry.

This man peaches truth. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A man can't work 12 hours and come home to a wing

James

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John Wick Is the greatest American action franchise of all-time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J.H. said:

A man can't work 12 hours and come home to a wing

James

But you can sew two wings on a pork chop if you have too

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

But you can sew two wings on a pork chop if you have too

That sounds like hog heaven.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Jason Bourne Trilogy especially The Bourne Ultimatum Is the greatest American action franchise of all-time.

FTFY ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FTFY ;).

Oh Paul, a trilogy can't have five movies.

(Unless Douglas Adams wrote it)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Oh Paul, a trilogy can't have five movies.

(Unless Douglas Adams wrote it)

I like to think the other two don't exist, Brian. You'll get a chuckle at the following...I fell asleep at the cinema watching Jason Bourne. I saw the first 15 minutes and the last 10.

When Jason Bourne premiered on TV, I watched it and learnt I didn't miss much. Surprised how it turned out with Damon and Greengrass saying it had to be a great story to bring them back after The Bourne Ultimatum.

Edited by The Natural

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never watched the last one.

But I liked Legacy more than two out of three previous movies. And not because Legacy was any good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

John Wick Is the greatest American action franchise of all-time.

I gotta watch these, because currently I’ve binge watched the Mission:Impossible film franchise, and this to me is the greatest American action franchise ever.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not seen any of the John Wick films and only one Mission: Impossible film from beginning to end (Rogue Nation). Need to correct them going by WOM/critics reviews. I right enjoyed Rogue Nation without knowing the ins and outs leading up to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Not seen any of the John Wick films and only one Mission: Impossible film from beginning to end (Rogue Nation). Need to correct them going by WOM/critics reviews. I right enjoyed Rogue Nation without knowing the ins and outs leading up to it.

It’s a fantastic franchise that was plagued by production problems following the 2nd one(Which is a very difficult watch, and is probably the only blemish in the series). You won’t regret watching the craftsmanship that goes into the almost  magician like structure these movies come up with. The last one, Fallout, is the best example of this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

But you can sew two wings on a pork chop if you have too

If Turducken can be a thing, Porchiken can be a thing too, dammit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s a fantastic franchise that was plagued by production problems following the 2nd one(Which is a very difficult watch, and is probably the only blemish in the series). You won’t regret watching the craftsmanship that goes into the almost  magician like structure these movies come up with. The last one, Fallout, is the best example of this.

Cheers, @LoneWolf&Subs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Not seen any of the John Wick films and only one Mission: Impossible film from beginning to end (Rogue Nation). Need to correct them going by WOM/critics reviews. I right enjoyed Rogue Nation without knowing the ins and outs leading up to it.

@LoneWolf&Subs already spoke on the MI franchise.  I can tell you Wick is amazing and I kind of envy you getting to see it cold for the first time.  The world building and the action are both amazing.  I found Wick 2 a little trying at times (jesus, another flying armbar into multiple gunshots!) and somewhat over-reaching but still very good.  The first one is lean and badass.  You'll love it.

Quote

John is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will... something you know very little about. I once saw him kill three men in a bar... with a pencil, with a fucking pencil. Then suddenly one day he asked to leave. It's over a woman, of course. So I made a deal with him. I gave him an impossible task. A job no one could have pulled off. The bodies he buried that day laid the foundation of what we are now. And then my son, a few days after his wife died, you steal his car and kill his fucking dog.

 

Edited by Technico Support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...