DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 TV THREAD

RIPPA

New Amsterdam

At some point - someone will create an all Medical drama station

By the way - that will make 5 emergency services (for lack of better word) dramas in NBCs lineup (New Amsterdam, whatever Law & Order still exists and the 3 Chicago shows)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

Where was Brooklyn 99 on that NBC schedule?

It is gonna be a 13 episode season so I assume that means it will be a Spring show

I have already lost track of the moves

Did anyone mention that FOX has decided to bring Last Man Standing to the Network?

Clearly Tim Allen was meant to be on FOX

47 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is gonna be a 13 episode season so I assume that means it will be a Spring show

It would make sense to have a time slot with Good Place and Brooklyn switching back and forth.

10 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Holy fuck. That finale of “Barry”...

Holy shit, yeah, that finale of Barry. That series got really dark, really fast. I kept thinking that it was all another daydream until she went out to look up Barry on Facebook. My heart sank when Barry showed up at the dock. It was pretty clear what was going to happen next.

The first season of Barry was a lot to digest, but it was so fucking good even if they loved to kick you in the balls as time went on. I hope the viewership for it is good and that it gets more seasons.

BTW, how about that ending to Silicon Valley? That could very well have been a series finale. You had Richard finally own up to being a dick, Laurie Bream lost, Gavin Belson lost, and the gang won. They finally won. It was nice to get a feel good ending out of Silicon Valley and I'm guessing next season might be the last. I'm kinda bummed that they've gone so far away from making every episode an exploration of something incredibly dumb from our lives because I thought that stuff was funnier than the more sitcom type laughs they've been going for over the last couple seasons. Even still, there was a lot of hilarity this season. I don't know what they do next season, but I hope they humble Laurie more than anyone else.

• Like 2

FOX FALL 2018 SCHEDULE
(All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY
8:00-9:00 PM THE RESIDENT
9:00-10:00 PM 9-1-1

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM THE GIFTED
9:00-10:00 PM LETHAL WEAPON

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM EMPIRE
9:00-10:00 PM STAR

THURSDAY
7:30-8:00 PM ET/ THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL PREGAME SHOW
8:00 PM-CC ET/ NFL FOOTBALL

FRIDAY
8:00-8:30 PM LAST MAN STANDING (all-new episodes)
8:30-9:00 PM THE COOL KIDS (new series)
9:00-10:00 PM HELL’S KITCHEN

SATURDAY
7:00-10:30 PM FOX SPORTS SATURDAY: FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL

SUNDAY
7:00-7:30 PM NFL ON FOX
7:30-8:00 PM THE OT / FOX ENCORES
8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS
8:30-9:00 PM BOB’S BURGERS
9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY
9:30-10:00 PM REL (new series)

I wonder how long it will be before Fox pisses Lee Daniels off and he bails to Netflix Shondaland? 

Kenya Barris is already looking for the out door from ABC.

Nine-Nine was renewed for 13 episodes, so they are splitting a year with another show.

Any word on Ghosted from Fox? It's not in the lineup, but I cannot find any confirmation of a cancellation.

Don't really understand Fox bringing back Last Man Standing. That show had already run out of steam before it got cancelled. Not sure why they would cancel 99, The Mick and Last Man on Earth, and bring this back.

13 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Don't really understand Fox bringing back Last Man Standing. That show had already run out of steam before it got cancelled. Not sure why they would cancel 99, The Mick and Last Man on Earth, and bring this back.

I think it was already explained. It's Fox's answer to Roseanne. They must also have their conservative leaning shitcom.

EDIT: Sorry, nevermind, I'm thinking of an article I read on WaPo.

I didn't really notice how little Fox I watch until I looked at their new Fall schedule.

Aside from football, 9-1-1 is probably the only show I'll end up watching more than a few weeks.  I was actively rooting against The Resident.  Dark, grainy photography and a "All the older drs. are evil" mindset turned me off.

I used to watch a fair number of Fox shows.

And, yeah, Last Man Standing's resurrection has some to do with the success of Roseanne and a lot to do with Allen being an outspoken conservative with pro-Trump leanings.  Fox thinks that will play well with their viewers.

25 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Any word on Ghosted from Fox? It's not in the lineup, but I cannot find any confirmation of a cancellation.

Craig Robinson said the show would return in the Summer

I doubt its gonna get more episodes after that

According to Deadline, Fox doesn't know what they are going to do with Ghosted or LA To Vegas.  I imagine both are done since they seem to be going for an older demographic with their comedies.

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Jennifer Love-Hewitt is joining the cast of 9-1-1...

...replacing Connie Britton, who was only signed for season one and didn't re-up.

Season one only mildly interested me.  Britton's departure is probably enough for me to start skipping it.  I may end up not watching any Fox shows come Fall.

Harvey Birdman returning is surprising.  Can we get more Sealab next year?  Or, hell, maybe even another season of Venture Bros (now I'm just talking crazy).

18 hours ago, J.T. said:

I wonder how long it will be before Fox pisses Lee Daniels off and he bails to Netflix Shondaland? 

Meh.  I haven't watched Star but Empire has turned into a steaming pile of shit that I still hate watch just to see, out of Lucious and Hakeem, who will wear the more preposterous outfit this week.  It was a close one a few weeks ago, as Hakeem went for "first pimp on the moon" while Lucious looked like Prince going through a Sgt. Pepper phase.

19 hours ago, Craig H said:

BTW, how about that ending to Silicon Valley? That could very well have been a series finale. You had Richard finally own up to being a dick, Laurie Bream lost, Gavin Belson lost, and the gang won. They finally won. It was nice to get a feel good ending out of Silicon Valley and I'm guessing next season might be the last. I'm kinda bummed that they've gone so far away from making every episode an exploration of something incredibly dumb from our lives because I thought that stuff was funnier than the more sitcom type laughs they've been going for over the last couple seasons. Even still, there was a lot of hilarity this season. I don't know what they do next season, but I hope they humble Laurie more than anyone else.

Great ending to a really good season.  Jared is standing out just for his weird ad-libs.  The only thing I'd put the show down for is how they're seemingly trying to replace Bachman's wackiness by making Dinesh more absurd, which feels forced.  Overall, though, really great.

Just read that Deception was canceled (a few days ago).  Not surprised, but I thought it was a clever procedural so I was hoping being a Berlanti Studios production would tip the scales in its favor.

Anyone seen anything about Timeless.?  I think the odds of it getting renewed are really slim, but S2 was quite good and the cliffhanger was goofy enough that I want to see where they go from here.

• Like 1