DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - SPRING TRAINING~!

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

???

My god. My brain has melted from so many conference calls today. I had Blue Jays on the mind because of his last name.

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎06 at 6:06 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They're Mounties?

Based upon the theme song, the Mounties do NOT always get their man.

Vladdy Junior with four hits for the Jays today. The kids might be alright!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Moustakas re-signing with the Royals for one year and a piddling amount. Man, did he regret his foray into free agency.

It looks like Carlos Gonzalez is headed back to Colorado on a 1 yr deal. He should have taken the QO as well. 

Moustakas' deal does have a mutual option for the second year. He can end up making $22.7 mil.

I'm so happy baseball is back because it means silly baseball things are going on again. In this case, it's a prank war between Tommy LaStella and the team of Theo Epstein and Jed Hoyer.

It started with Tommy parking in Theo and Jed's spots for no apparent reason. I'm guessing it's because he's Tommy La Stella and he's weird.

Theo and Jed fired back by making Tommy practice and play in a pair of Jed's khakis and a polo shirt.

Yesterday (I think) Tommy rented a bounce house and put that in Theo and Jed's parking spots.

Theo was asked about it and said "I don't know why he put that there. He's not tall enough to bounce in it...neither is Jed though."

Savage.

10 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I’m failing to see the reason for a sad face. That seems like a decent off season haul to me. Nothing great, but adequate. 

But doctor, I am Pagliacci, I mean, a Padres fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's down to Alex Cobb and Greg Holland as the last two free agents worth anything still out there. I'm going to say Holland ends up with the Cardinals. I can't see Luke Gregerson really being their closer. If not St. Louis, I think he ends up in with the Angels. He'd be a more reliable option than Jim Johnson. 

Alex Cobb? I feel like Philly may think with Arrieta they may be able to contend this year. I could see Philly going after Cobb as well. I'll go with Philly as my choice for Alex Cobb. If the season starts and he's still unsigned, I think the Yankees swoop in and sign him. I just can't see Brian Cashman not making a move if Cobb is still out there.

Jake is dumb for sticking with Boras and Boras got mega fucked this offseason. The Cubs offered Jake more years and more money, but Jake and Boras still thought he'd get that ace money.

And then he finally signs for 3/75. With the Phillies. 

Neil Walker to the Yankees- 1 yr/5 mil

I like this move. Adding Drury and Walker allows Andujar and Torres more time to develop in Scranton. I want Torres and Andujar called up because they're ready, not because the Yankees don't have more experienced options.