DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - SPRING TRAINING~!

Dolfan in NYC

On 2/21/2018 at 12:12 PM, Craig H said:

And do you know how I know it's Manfred? Just look at all of his other completely fucking stupid ideas. This is right in line with those.

I didn't think someone could be dumber than Selig. In hindsight, Selig was just lazy. Manfred is just...wow. 

How about more ideas from Rock n Jock Baseball? Why not have a ball that scores more runs when you hit a homer?! How about that?!!

EDIT: And before anyone says this wouldn't happen, I know that. The problem isn't with this happening because it likely never happens. The problem is the commissioner floating these stupid ideas to improve the game. 

If you're going to do something stupid like that to get the best players on the court, then why not kill two birds with one stone and keep the spirit of the sport alive?

Adding two minor changes to the sport would get the same spirit of the law and help speed up the sport a little more by two changes:

1- Instead of throwing the four pitches, the pitcher can merely signal for an intentional walk (cutting the time and pitches off their count to do it.)

2- However, the batter gets the right to refuse the intentional walk and choose to hit instead. They refuse, then any pitches outside the strike zone aren't counted and the batter has to bat to them.

Do that, then you manage to get the batters people would want to see on the field when they do it by getting to see the batters demand to bat instead of be intentionally walked, getting the spirit of the law in a way that would make more sense (while also cutting the game down a bit by not requiring the four pitches for an intentional walk, and helping the pitch counts for pitches to go longer.)

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Pirates acquired Corey Dickerson from the Rays in exchange for reliever Daniel Hudson, Minor League infielder Tristan Gray, and $1 million.

Wow...they got an all star outfielder for a pile of nothing.

Baseball is going to SUCK in Florida this year lol.

18 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Hosmer looks miserable. Did KC pull their offer off the table? I would have rather stayed with KC than go to San Diego. I think the Royals will be good again before San Diego. The Padres are just a mess of a franchise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

One of the two teams needs to be relocated to Montreal. Vive les Expos!

Will they business community support them this time? If so the Rays need to be in Quebec yesterday. I think the Marlins are safe just because they have that fancy new stadium. . . .

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tim Lincecum to the Rangers

Word is he will be coming out of the bullpen and possibly be their closer

Who wants to guess what Timmy has more of this year: saves or trips to the DL?