DVDVR Message Board

The XFL Reboot Starts Today

RIPPA

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Right now Jey Uso is glad that he never learned how to throw a football

Wow that XFL promo video is hilarious.  They are basically saying that gambling will be encouraged with fantasy leagues and whatever that roulette thing is

It works for soccer, where lots of the leagues & clubs are sponsored by bookies & they take bets on shit as weird & varied as who will get the next throw-in, for the real addicts.

2 minutes ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

It works for soccer, where lots of the leagues & clubs are sponsored by bookies & they take bets on shit as weird & varied as who will get the next throw-in, for the real addicts.

The NBA is going down that road.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/24/16928722/nba-sports-gambling-update-adam-silver-progressive-betting-basketball

1% of all bets?  No, nothing could go wrong here.  Nothing at all.  

I would not be surprised to see Vince go down this road because it means greater social media engagement.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

Why the hell is anyone going to watch this shit show then? "Hey look the guys that got cut from CFL practice rosters made a league?"

Which they already did with every Arena League, ever, and boy howdy, do those games make overflowing barf bags seem appealing.

Good luck with the no DUI thing or any other minor thing on your record.

There will be as many holes in that as there are in the wellness policy.

I can’t wait for the amount of trolling this will receive. If he thought the media backlash was bad in 2001, I can’t wait to see it in 2020 with Twitter and whatever else is around by then. 

12 minutes ago, Dragonzombie said:

Alpha Entertainment either pays for the lease of the trademark or it gets sold to them. 

The question is how do WWE shareholders ensure that they’re getting fair market value since they’re selling to a Vince McMahon owned company 

9 minutes ago, Thibs said:

The question is how do WWE shareholders ensure that they’re getting fair market value since they’re selling to a Vince McMahon owned company 

Nobody else in their right mind wants it, so anything over a dollar is fair market value?

I'm waiting for all the hypocrites from the Bucks/Cody 10,000 seat thread to come here and discuss how another football league is good because more people would get paying jobs, and competion for a monopoly is good.

10 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

He's white so he can get it expunged. If not....still white.  

IIRC, when he answered that question, Manziel, Tebow, and Kap were all brought up. Vince explained the league's stance on criminal records and then said Tebow would be welcome. Someone seemed to be omitted there. 

I'm sure kneeling at the wrong time violates the "good people" rule. 

1 hour ago, Dragonzombie said:

So faster, family friendly, no kneeling, 8 teams? No crossover? 

Anyway I feel like Vince is partly disgruntled with modern wrestling. Wonder if Vince will sell WWE. Either Kevin Dunn gets WWE control someday or that Fox tv network deal.

"Faster"

"Family friendly"

Those two things mean absolutely nothing especially when you have no players under contract. So when some guy off the couch inevitably snaps the tendons in his leg and it takes all of 15 minutes to get this guy off the field, is the game going to be faster then? Because this...you know...happened in the original XFL and it took forever. Or are they going to just roll them up in a rug quickly and dump em in a shallow grave like a mob hit? 

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

IIRC, when he answered that question, Manziel, Tebow, and Kap were all brought up. Vince explained the league's stance on criminal records and then said Tebow would be welcome. Something seemed to be omitted there. 

I'm sure kneeling at the wrong time violated the "good people" rule. 

Tebow is going to give a pro life speech during a post game interview and this is getting walked back.

Okay the specific for those following along at home (and since I don't think we said them)

8 teams (no locations known)

40 man rosters

10 game season

4 teams in playoffs

Season will start Late Feb/Early March

League will own all the teams (so like the MLS model) - This will allow them to dick the players over on salary. It is also being done this way so Vince can have final say over everything

No TV deal but it will be available on TV and Mobile (They are open to TV deal)

Vince won't be public face of league

Possibly eliminating Halftime

"Simpler" rules

Goal is 2 hour games

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay the specific for those following along at home (and since I don't think we said them)

8 teams (no locations known)

40 man rosters

10 game season

4 teams in playoffs

Season will start Late Feb/Early March

League will own all the teams (so like the MLS model) - This will allow them to dick the players over on salary. It is also being done this way so Vince can have final say over everything

No TV deal but it will be available on TV and Mobile (They are open to TV deal)

Vince won't be public face of league

Possibly eliminating Halftime

"Simpler" rules

Goal is 2 hour games

1. Those stadiums are going to be look so empty it's going to make these early inconsequential bowl season games look like old All Japan Budokan shows during the 80s and 90s. 

2. No shit. 

If they own all of the franchises then what happens to the 15 year writeoff when you purchase a sports franchise?  There is an interesting tax question.

I doubt they go for stadiums because there are lease problems.  The NFL is not going to let them use their buildings so maybe soccer stadiums which are much smaller?

40 man rosters means 20/20 so I doubt it will be 11 on 11.  Maybe 7 on 7 and remove a player when there is a penalty?  This is Vince.

Arena football has been around since 1987 so who knows.  If the Internet hates it then the chances of success are pretty good.

I have no idea what will happen except the popcorn better be fresh.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, evilwaldo said:

If they own all of the franchises then what happens to the 15 year writeoff you get when you purchase a sports franchise?  There is an interesting tax question.

I doubt they go for stadiums because there are lease problems.  The NFL is not going to let them use their buildings so maybe soccer stadiums which are much smaller?

40 man rosters means 20/20 so I doubt it will be 11 on 11.  Maybe 7 on 7 and remove a player when there is a penalty?  This is Vince.

Arena football has been around since 1987 so who knows.  If the Internet hates it then the chances of success are pretty good.

I have no idea what will happen except the popcorn better be fresh.

Ringling Bros. isn't around anymore so they can play football under the big top. What is more family friendly than the fucking circus?

Or since Vince is basically wrestling's Tex Rickard, he can spend a shitload of money building makeshift venues in like Reno, Nevada and Barstow, California. He can run head 2 head against the CFL and build a stadium in the Yukon. The possibilities are endless.