Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As it turns out, WWE faces are not the only ones that are assholes. There's an attempted Homicide (a nod to Low-Ki's notorious friend) and only Tom Lawlor comes to Konnan's aid after the match is officially over. Basically everybody in MLW minus Filthy Tom is guilty of breaking the good samaritan law. Despite what we're led to believe, Penta wasn't laid out by Promociones Dorado. It's going to turn out he was attacked by Teddy Hart and Brian Pillman, Jr.

Konnan rolled back the years and put in more work in this match than he has in a long time (not even sure if I am being sarcastic)

the stabbing angle was super weird. Konnan has been involved in 2 near death angles this year. That puts him one in front of Nick Gage

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Edit: Brian Cage has now pulled out of ECCW's big show, making him the third indie guest star to do so after Bandido and PCO did. I wonder if it's for the same reason? 

TNA seems to have given up on "controlling" their workers. Hell, TNA seems more inclined to go out of their way to work with well-established indies. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to share a Commodore Ballroom show with ECCW at some point and get the whole thing on Twitch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's confusing. Maybe they don't want him getting hurt before his big match with Mundo? When is that? 

Edit: never mind, it's on the 6th of January. So what the hell? Cage has killed it every time he's in Vancouver. Love that guy. As of right now, the only guest star is Frankie Kazarian. I was really looking forward to seeing Bandido, Cage and PCO. Oh well, those shows are always fun regardless of outsiders brought in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It's confusing. Maybe they don't want him getting hurt before his big match with Mundo? When is that? 

Edit: never mind, it's on the 6th of January. So what the hell? Cage has killed it every time he's in Vancouver. Love that guy. As of right now, the only guest star is Frankie Kazarian. I was really looking forward to seeing Bandido, Cage and PCO. Oh well, those shows are always fun regardless of outsiders brought in.

They've still got Flamita, Rey Horus, B-Boy, El Phantasmo (local boy but now he's England's problem, j/k), and Nicole Savoy. Still a lot of indie names...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

It's confusing. Maybe they don't want him getting hurt before his big match with Mundo? When is that? 

Edit: never mind, it's on the 6th of January. So what the hell? Cage has killed it every time he's in Vancouver. Love that guy. As of right now, the only guest star is Frankie Kazarian. I was really looking forward to seeing Bandido, Cage and PCO. Oh well, those shows are always fun regardless of outsiders brought in.

Huh, Eccw's show is on 11th, right? Could be that he is leaving Impact after the match with Mundo? And they (RoH I guess) agreed not to announce his exclusive signing as not to spoil the ending of Impact's PPV?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Konnan rolled back the years and put in more work in this match than he has in a long time (not even sure if I am being sarcastic)

the stabbing angle was super weird. Konnan has been involved in 2 near death angles this year. That puts him one in front of Nick Gage

Love that a guy is getting STABBED and Tom Lawlor's first thought on the save run-in is a spinning forearm followed by a reverse spinning heel kick. LOL

What's up with Konnan's stomach?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

2018 Okanagan Match Of The Year: Cougar Meat vs. The Millennials in a Vernon Street Fight from Invasion Championship Wrestling's EXTREME DREAM event on October 27, 2018...

 

With those names, who are the faces and who are the heels? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

TNA seems to have given up on "controlling" their workers. Hell, TNA seems more inclined to go out of their way to work with well-established indies. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to share a Commodore Ballroom show with ECCW at some point and get the whole thing on Twitch.

This may be it, because he just worked Luke Hawx at the Wildkat show in Louisiana on Christmas Day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Did the PCO/Tanaka match end up happening or did PCO have to cancel due to ROH?

PCO was there, and judging by the results I think I'm going to order the replay. There's also a substitution in there that makes me want to check it out.

spoilered for anyone who hasn't seen it and wants to be surprised

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As if 2018 couldn't get any better, Orange Cassidy is the new Powerbomb TV champion beating Tracy Williams at Beyond Wrestling show.  Damn good match.  

Hopefully this gives us that Logan Easton Laroux vs Orange Cassidy match at NOVA Pro now 

Also speaking of the GCW show that had PCO vs Masato Tanaka which was great, you also should see the Tracy Williams vs Tony Deppen and Chris Dickinson vs Nick Gage stuff.  Both great matches

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...