DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

So I've watched a few PCO matches at this point, most recently against Brody King from BOLA, and I don't quite get the appeal. Is it just the pure trainwreck scary possibilities that this guy is going to get really hurt? Is it the weird novelty? Both? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quackhell said:

So I've watched a few PCO matches at this point, most recently against Brody King from BOLA, and I don't quite get the appeal. Is it just the pure trainwreck scary possibilities that this guy is going to get really hurt? Is it the weird novelty? Both? 

To me, the hype all revolves around this:

I was at the Fight Club: PRO/Schadenfreude weekender and the money there is in the build to WALTER vs Meiko Satomura, but I'm sad that that might not happen now. WALTER vs Tanaka was great, though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

Does PCO's signing with ROH fuck up a lot of these pending new dream/nightmare matches he's got coming down the pike?

USA Pro had announced PCO for their upcoming shows and they just posted today they spoke with PCO and he told them he wasn't sure if he could make those bookings and he may have to pull out so there is a possibility he maybe semi exclusive to ROH with the odd booking elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

USA Pro had announced PCO for their upcoming shows and they just posted today they spoke with PCO and he told them he wasn't sure if he could make those bookings and he may have to pull out so there is a possibility he maybe semi exclusive to ROH with the odd booking elsewhere.

It will probably be a "can't do TV" deal like lots of places do, or "don't work non-ROH guys" like Impact and NXT have pulled recently. The grey area is that with everyone having on-demand "TV" now, where does a "major" company draw the line? 

Since I saw his name in this thread,  my cousin is a mechanic for a car dealership where Sylvester Turkay is a car salesman.  The guy is huge in person and is really cool. I've met him 3-4 times and he is always willing to talk wrestling. 

Another random indy thing that I was told this week.  One of my good friends worked 2 of the recent Vegas TNA shows and while we were talking about it the conversation went towards NXT. I never realized that the NXT roster physically has to train/work out/watch tapes at the performance center basically all day monday-friday unless there is a show. From what she was saying it's a pretty rigorous deal working NXT.   I was also told as far as the ladies go  TNA pays much more than ROH at the moment and that Josh Matthews is one of the higher ups at TNA.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2018 at 8:59 PM, quackhell said:

Vs WALTER and vs Riddle for GCW and vs LA Park for MLW are great crazy old man matches. If he does it all the time it would get dull but right now I enjoy his matches. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Vs WALTER and vs Riddle for GCW and vs LA Park for MLW are great crazy old man matches. If he does it all the time it would get dull but right now I enjoy his matches. 

I'd also go out of my way to check out PCO vs. Brody King vs. Jeff Cobb from Smash Wrestling.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Ya'll better get your fill of Jonah Rock - apparently he's starting at the Performance Center in January.

YEEEEES!

As I posted in the NXT thread -- that makes it WALTER, ACH, Shane Strickland, Trevor Lee and Jonah Rock as the expected signee's reporting to the Performance Center in January.

Even if WALTER is going to be a main stay in NXT UK, he'll have to fly to Orlando for some training sessions and will most likely work some NXT live events and TV tapings. I'm stoked!

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:45 PM, Beech27 said:

San Francisco, March 9. He’s not bringing anyone else (except Tajiri, who is freelance) so I don’t think we can rightly speculate on All Japan ~expansion plans~ or even a full on barnstorming tour. But I am prepared to spend an irresponsible amount of money if we do get there.

I went to their March show in that same venue and saw Liger. PWR is no bullshit. They draw well, bring in legit fucking superstars, and put on a show that I could bring my kids to. I will for sure go to see Akiyama. Ultimo Dragon is carrying one of their belts, I think the "World" title? So he is a possibility to be on any of their shows that don't conflict with whatever his schedule consists of these days.

• Like 2