DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTOS

5 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I'm not gonna disagree that Jr. Smith isn't non-fabulous, but are we arguing that whole sequence with the bound legs wasn't dumb af?

tumblr_n9ka9jTmKm1ti6gxco1_500.gif

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I also agree that the best use of a Confederate flag is being draped over your ball sack.

A good use of the confederate flag would be letting feral cats shit and piss all over it.

• Like 6

Just now, Victator said:

In magazines it was advertized as a poster too hot to show here. All as I wonder "Dare I cross the final frontier."

It's amazing what one stumbles across when google imaging for rasslin pics. I don't even remember what I searched for, but it certainly had nothing to do with Michael Hayes or confederate flags. 

hqdefault.jpg

I was watching Rumble '91 yesterday, and it has this segment with Sherri trying to seduce Warrior into giving Randy a title shot. She's putting her hands all over him, sticking her boobs up in his face, and generally acting all Attitude Era before its time. She was really amazing, as Sherri always was.

Warrior just stood there like a big doofus. Reminds me of Madusa doing the same thing to Sting in '92 (I think), but Sherri was better at it. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Victator said:

Good to see all the white knights are out to defend the honor of Maiden Omega. 

I find both the Kerwin White gimmick and Dirty White Girl spousal abuse angle to be patently offensive yet I love Kamala the Ugandan Giant, Satanic Kevin Sullivan, and midget wrestling.

My hypocrisy is complicated.

• Like 4

Just now, J.T. said:

I find both the Kerwin White gimmick and Dirty White Girl spousal abuse angle to be patently offensive yet I love Kamala the Ugandan Giant, Satanic Kevin Sullivan, and midget wrestling.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraslin!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J.T. said:

That was not in response to the Hayes stuff. I was giving the always classy Omega fans shit. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kronos said:

hqdefault.jpg

I was watching Rumble '91 yesterday, and it has this segment with Sherri trying to seduce Warrior into giving Randy a title shot. She's putting her hands all over him, sticking her boobs up in his face, and generally acting all Attitude Era before its time. She was really amazing, as Sherri always was.

Warrior just stood there like a big doofus. Reminds me of Madusa doing the same thing to Sting in '92 (I think), but Sherri was better at it. 

I saw this when I was ten and had a lot of new confusing feelings. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Good to see all the white knights are out to defend the honor of Maiden Omega. 

I could take or leave Omega, but let's establish that as being beside the point. Omega's shit is so inside baseball anyway that there's no reason anybody who's still invested and along for the ride should take issue. Wrestling can be fun and wrestling can laugh at itself, 6+ stars be damned. And that goes double for Yano in the G1.

Don't take this the wrong way, but my perception of your preferences in our very limited interactions suggest you're not along for the ride.

I expect I'm wrong on several counts. But I'm certainly willing to listen to a more contextualized account of your perception the match just on the basis of you having an interesting perspective.

RIPPA moves us to the G1 thread in 3... 2...

Honestly I don't have an opinion one way or another. At this point I'm afraid to watch his super hyped stuff, for fear I'll hate it and then I'll seem like a party pooper.

I was white knighting for Harry Smith more than anything. 

Glad every conversation about Kenny Omega on this board can quickly boil down to "If you don't like his stupid bullshit you just don't 'get it,'" so we can move on to something (anything) more interesting.

59y7yjD.png

Edited by MORELOCK
Fixed image problem holy shit are we in a photo thread?
  • Like 5

If Kenny was doing his shtick in his Okada matches, then people would have plenty of reasons to be grumpy.  But it's a fucking Toru Yano match.  No one watches Yano because they're hoping for a strong style classic.  

And for all the stupid shit wrestling fans have to suspend their disbelief over in order to enjoy themselves, I find it weird that comedy is where so many of them draw the line. 

• Like 5