DVDVR Message Board

SDL - 6/20/2017 - Money in Abeyance

Dolfan in NYC

8 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

it was kind of a mess, but I don't mind it since talking Smack feels more real than anything else they do and generally there are some gems hidden in there somewhere.

This week felt much more like people playing characters instead of the normal natural way most folks act (outside of when they have one person jump another)

1 hour ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I was honestly worried they were going to claim Ellsworth, not Carmella, was the MITB briefcase winner, so I'm relatively happy with what we got instead.

Becky's backstage promo was great stuff. Felt like an actual person, not a character, talking

It was basically the same unscripted promo she cut on Youtube after the match. Someone must have seen it and said "hey just do that again."

18 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I was hoping Corbin would leave the case at home for a while. It'd be better if he just went about his business and it was left as a surprise down the road. 

Since Corbin is into metal, I hope the briefcase gets decorated with metal band stickers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

I was talking about ladder matches, but even that was over-turned if I recall correctly.

Not exactly.  They made it very clear that the referee's decision was final and Andre was the WWF Champion; however, by surrendering the belt to DiBiase, he effectively vacated the title, as the WWF Rulebook (TM) did not allow for the transfer of a championship in that fashion.

Which didn't stop Shane from giving Mideon the European title in 1999, but hey.  Maybe because no money changed hands.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Not exactly.  They made it very clear that the referee's decision was final and Andre was the WWF Champion; however, by surrendering the belt to DiBiase, he effectively vacated the title, as the WWF Rulebook (TM) did not allow for the transfer of a championship in that fashion.

Which didn't stop Shane from giving Mideon the European title in 1999, but hey.  Maybe because no money changed hands.

I'm pretty sure there's a rule in the WWE Rulebook that states a McMahon has the ability to violate any and all of these rules at his/her discretion.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 9:47 PM, Kyuubi said:

Carmella had a point in that it is No DQ, but she falls into a slippery slope because if NO DQ means no standards then Money in the Bank could be a glorified Hardcore Rules stipulation match in which anyone could walk down that ring or from the crowd and take that briefcase.

They could not because they are not a participant in the match. Ellsworth did not win the briefcase even if he took it down, he handed it to Carmella, who of the legal participants got it first. 

This was just a terrible resolution to this. Telling anyone who watched for the "historic" Women's Money In The Bank match that they wasted their time. 

Bryan should have said the decision will stand then make a rule that prevents it from happening again. 

Has WWE and the fans worked themselves into thinking the "women's revolution" is anything more than a marketing gimmick? Its no more legitimate than when they started calling them "Divas".

Jinder managed to have a bad match with Harper, which hasn't happened since Brock, so he is in good company. 

9 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Dibiase was the champion dammit!!! I'm sorry but I run hot on this issue. 

But seriously they will acknowledge Inoki beating Backlund but not call Dibiase a former champion. 

In my heel's heart, DiBiase was a former WWF Champion.  He bought it fairly and squarely.

Essentially, DiBiase's championship reign was negated because Andre didn't have the authority to transfer the title.  (Good thing he didn't drop the title in any of those matches he had while it was getting sorted out - imagine if they had pulled that shit on Duggan)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

In my heel's heart, DiBiase was a former WWF Champion.  He bought it fairly and squarely.

Essentially, DiBiase's championship reign was negated because Andre didn't have the authority to transfer the title.  (Good thing he didn't drop the title in any of those matches he had while it was getting sorted out - imagine if they had pulled that shit on Duggan)

Really Dibiase probably should have hired someone to see if he could actually buy the title. Geez Ted saw how it worked out with Larry Zbyszko buying the National Title. Though at least Larry kept it a month and is listed as a former champion. 

• Like 1

Agreed with all the praise for Carmella's opening promo, good stuff and makes me wanna see her win it legit. Really enjoyed Nakamura/Dolph.

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Since Corbin is into metal, I hope the briefcase gets decorated with metal band stickers.

If only Dolph won it ;)

5 minutes ago, Victator said:

Really Dibiase probably should have hired someone to see if he could actually buy the title. Geez Ted saw how it worked out with Larry Zbyszko buying the National Title. Though at least Larry kept it a month and is listed as a former champion. 

Larry married a Gagne, you know he had a good lawyer on retainer.

• Like 2

Luke Harper as a "born-again East Indian", complete with a turban and proper beard maintenance would be great. They could telegraph his future babyface turn by allowing the beard to become a bit wild again, to signify that Jinder's control over him is slipping.

Mostly I just want another guy with a totally generic white guy name to have to change his name, a la Mike Shaw in the 1980's. :)

11 hours ago, Victator said:

Why not just challenge Andre to a title match then have him take a dive?

• Like 1