DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe - 2019 and Beyond

They already did the "white man comes to Wakanda and grows to love the country" bit with Bucky, and they even named him White Wolf. Marvel could still go with Hunter, but it'd be another family drama thing, with a family member wanting to take the throne.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That doesn't work now with all of the original Guardians being in modern MCU time. Which version of the Stark?

There are ways to make it work.

1. Time Travel

2. Singularity level AI self-development

3. Modern Day tech enhancers/retrofitters who buy into the interplanetary celebrity of Tony Stark (Hero vs Thanos/The Aliens who get our tv broadcasts, etc).

There's way more to grasp onto in 2018 about the perils of the flippant celebrity of Stark than there was in 1991. 

Supposedly Avengers 4's plot has leaked. It comes from the same guy who leaked everything that would happen in Infinity War (he got a few things wrong, but 95% what he stated eventually was proven to be true). Also, some concept art for the next movie leaked and it's pretty interesting.

Plot:

Spoiler

Iron Man reassembles the Avengers and decides to build his own Infinity Gauntlet to undo everything that Thanos did. They recruit Ant-Man to help them travel through time and space using the Quantum Real to retrieve the Infinity Stones from different time periods. Thanos finds out about their plans and becomes hellbent on stopping them.

The movie revolves around the relationship between Captain America and Iron Man.

At one point, Captain America and Thor fight Thanos. Timeline alterations have restored Mjolnir, and Cap wields it against Thanos to allow the others to escape, and is killed holding Thanos off.

At one point, Hawkeye must protect the unfinished Stark Gauntlet from Thanos’ minions. He plays an “instrumental” role in Thanos’ defeat.

Thor’s subplot centers on him assembling an army to challenge Thanos. Captain Marvel joins him.

Hulk’s subplot centers on Banner and Hulk finally merging to become Professor Hulk. He is the one that ultimately wields the Stark Gauntlet against Thanos, losing his arm in the process.

Nebula’s subplot centers on her efforts to redeem herself. At one point, she fights her murderous past self.

Several MCU movies are revisited and retconned (probably not permanently), such as the Avengers retrieving the Power Stone creating a timeline where the Guardians of the Galaxy never came together.

There’s a pivotal scene between Doctor Strange and a fully CGI character being shot on a secret location, with a skeleton crew, and which takes up a sizeable portion of the budget.

Only two of the original Avengers (Cap, Stark, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow) meant to survive the movie. Cap dies.

The title was AVENGERS: INFINITY GAUNTLET at one point, but it might be changed after Zoe Saldana accidentally leaked it.

Concept art:

Spoiler

De7SlwGUEAA38s0.jpg:large

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I believe so.

I only looked at the picture, but they have to be kicking themselves for not having T'Challa on the table or at least having had one of the surviving BP B-Players in Avengers 4 more.  

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Also no 

Reveal hidden contents

Adam Warlock, fwiw

Spoiler

Captain Marvel will probably be assuming Warlock's role in the plot (ie. she will be the one who puts Thanos down) unless Gunn actually pulls the trigger on Warlock for GoTG3.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:
  Hide contents

Captain Marvel will probably be assuming Warlock's role in the plot (ie. she will be the one who puts Thanos down) unless Gunn actually pulls the trigger on Warlock for GoTG3.

Spoiler

Pretty sure Gunn will. I'm not sure how that would matter though since GotG3 will take place after the next Avengers film. Thanos will have long since been defeated by then.

Guys. Avengers 4 is not going to follow the plot of Infinity Gauntlet. 

Infinity Gauntlet:

Issue 1: Sets things up, snap.

Issue 2: Heroes assemble

Issue 3. Heroes fail

Issue 4: Cosmic characters fail

Issue 5: Nebula stuff

Issue 6: It all falls apart. 

Maybe I'm off a little, but that's the general idea of it. Avengers 4 isn't going to follow that because they've already done a bunch of the heroes vs Thanos thing and because they haven't set up the cosmic characters nearly enough. Thanos already tore through a few of what they did set up over the other movies. 

I think it's possible Nebula gets the gauntlet towards the climax, sure. I think ultimately Thanos beats himself, sure. But whatever happens it's going to be 95% different. You don't need a Warlock figure. He serves no purpose. Carol will almost certainly just be there for some fighting. I'm pretty sure Avengers 4 is all about Cap and Tony coming together and working out their differences and the two of them together somehow talking Thanos into defeat. 

49 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Guys. Avengers 4 is not going to follow the plot of Infinity Gauntlet. 

Yeah, the Devil suddenly showing up in the MCU would be a little weird. (Though I'd mark for it.)

1 minute ago, tbarrie said:

Yeah, the Devil suddenly showing up in the MCU would be a little weird. (Though I'd mark for it.)

What's the rights deal on Mephisto. Isn't that he debuted in Silver Surfer an issue?

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Could be, though it seems to me you could plausibly argue he's a public-domain character. What makes the Marvel version distinct from the guy in the Faust legend?

There's always the already introduced Dormammu.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure we're getting the Nebula bit of Gauntlet, and maybe the Strange in the Soulrealm punching Thanos.  I really hope we don't get the "leaked" plot, because that looks like a terrible movie.

I'm also guessing that Warlock will be the hook for Guardians 3, possible to swap out Soulrealm positions with Gamora.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:38 AM, Casey said:

Supposedly Avengers 4's plot has leaked. It comes from the same guy who leaked everything that would happen in Infinity War (he got a few things wrong, but 95% what he stated eventually was proven to be true). Also, some concept art for the next movie leaked and it's pretty interesting.

Plot:

Hide contents

Iron Man reassembles the Avengers and decides to build his own Infinity Gauntlet to undo everything that Thanos did. They recruit Ant-Man to help them travel through time and space using the Quantum Real to retrieve the Infinity Stones from different time periods. Thanos finds out about their plans and becomes hellbent on stopping them.

The movie revolves around the relationship between Captain America and Iron Man.

At one point, Captain America and Thor fight Thanos. Timeline alterations have restored Mjolnir, and Cap wields it against Thanos to allow the others to escape, and is killed holding Thanos off.

At one point, Hawkeye must protect the unfinished Stark Gauntlet from Thanos’ minions. He plays an “instrumental” role in Thanos’ defeat.

Thor’s subplot centers on him assembling an army to challenge Thanos. Captain Marvel joins him.

Hulk’s subplot centers on Banner and Hulk finally merging to become Professor Hulk. He is the one that ultimately wields the Stark Gauntlet against Thanos, losing his arm in the process.

Nebula’s subplot centers on her efforts to redeem herself. At one point, she fights her murderous past self.

Several MCU movies are revisited and retconned (probably not permanently), such as the Avengers retrieving the Power Stone creating a timeline where the Guardians of the Galaxy never came together.

There’s a pivotal scene between Doctor Strange and a fully CGI character being shot on a secret location, with a skeleton crew, and which takes up a sizeable portion of the budget.

Only two of the original Avengers (Cap, Stark, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow) meant to survive the movie. Cap dies.

The title was AVENGERS: INFINITY GAUNTLET at one point, but it might be changed after Zoe Saldana accidentally leaked it.

Concept art:

Hide contents

De7SlwGUEAA38s0.jpg:large

I hope most of that isn't real.