DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live's shake it up, 11th April 2017.

The Natural

I dislike the Miz and am all about my steaks gushing blood like Terry Funk.

I actually do get a kick out of Miz in the Marine movies. I guess it's like how I don't like Goldberg but watch Santa's Slay ten times every holiday season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

You've seen photos of the steaks I cook on Facebook. I made those in my sous vide cooker and finished with a hot sear in a pan.

Although lately I've found that I like pan frying a NY strip the way Gordon Ramsey shows in a couple of his videos.

You're also a Notre Dame guy.  I stand by my original statement. :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

The Miz is a better wrestler than Dolph Ziggler.

Let me try this one more time... I'll go r-e-a-l  s-l-ow-l-y so that it can sink in. The discussion has never been about "who is a better wrestler?" It has been all about "who would be a more appropriate weekly victim to Nak in a feud?" If you really think that seeing the King of Safe Style clash with Nakamura once a week would be entertaining, I guess that's your choice. Ziggler's human pinball routine is far better suited to a series. The Miz talking shit and getting his ass kicked on a PPV is just fine. Are we clear now?

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

You're also a Notre Dame guy.  I stand by my original statement. :) 

*shrug* At the very least, I'm the best kind of Notre Dame fan in that I never preach about the legacy of the fucking school, National Championships won from decades ago, or the graduation rate as if that means anything now. I'll also say Notre Dame fans are mostly idiots, but we're not all bad.

I was essentially born into it and I live by the school. I can't begin to explain the rest of the country's fascination.

• Like 1

Just now, OSJ said:

Let me try this one more time... I'll go r-e-a-l  s-l-ow-l-y so that it can sink in. The discussion has never been about "who is a better wrestler?" It has been all about "who would be a more appropriate weekly victim to Nak in a feud?" If you really think that seeing the King of Safe Style clash with Nakamura once a week would be entertaining, I guess that's your choice. Ziggler's human pinball routine is far better suited to a series. The Miz talking shit and getting his ass kicked on a PPV is just fine. Are we clear now?

I wasn't even replying to you. That being said....

Dolph Ziggler. Ew. 

8 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

The Miz is a better wrestler than Dolph Ziggler.

If you disagree you love JBL.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I really love me some JBL... If that's your best shot trolling, please try again...

The big problem with Ziggler vs Nakamura is that Ziggler is terrible at compelling heel control segments and Nakamura's been most problematic in NXT in working from underneath. The upside is that Ziggler will bump huge for Nakamura which is sort of necessary as he gets established for the more general audience. Still, Nak was better suited against a more vulnerable heel. 

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I wasn't even replying to you. That being said....

Dolph Ziggler. Ew. 

Did you even read the thread from last night?

2 hours ago, The Comedian said:

And here I thought that at least Miz moving to Raw meant we wouldn't get HumanChessgam e and Nice Guy Eddie doing the same tired "fuhfuhfuhwedontliketheMizfuhfuhfuh" routine in the SDL thread every week...

Sorry I didn't get on board with the collective decision most of the forum made to start liking the Miz because he cut a few shooty promos, but I still find him one of the least interesting in-ring performers on the main roster.  He's had a career high year definitely, though he's shown his real calling would be a Heenan-esque heat magnet manager that his charge's rival seeks to get 5 minutes alone in the ring with should they win.  Give him a stable of heels with some Hollywood gimmick to manage and I'd be all for him.

• Like 3

Ziggler on Talking Smack was cringe inducing. He was right back to focusing more on how he'll put on a great match with Nakamura and barely remembered to add on at the end that he would win. Everything about his segment on TS just bothered me, from his voice, to selling the aspect of him vs Nakamura would make a ton of money because they'll put on a good match, to nearly forgetting to say he would beat Nakamura.

Hey, dude, you're there to fucking win, not talk about workrate and how people want to pay to see you put on a good performance with Nakamura. This shit isn't hard and yet Ziggler is in year 8 of this lame workrate schtick.

Can we please just trade Ziggler for Miz? I mean, I will pay to see Braun, Joe, and Roman destroy Ziggler.

Maybe I missed it, but did they specify the status of the world title and where it would go post-Payback?  With the US title they mentioned that whomever won between Owens and Jericho would be on Smackdown (with the assumption the loser goes to Raw?), is there some similar stipulation with the World title?  What's the point of trading guys if they're potentially going to wind up back on the same show?

3 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Sorry I didn't get on board with the collective decision most of the forum made to start liking the Miz because he cut a few shooty promos, but I still find him one of the least interesting in-ring performers on the main roster.

The Miz's turnaround as a character began around the time he was with Sandow - it wasn't some sudden thing that happened as a result of Talking Smack promos alone. You don't have to agree - but it sure is annoying to open up the show thread every week and see "Miz sucks" by the same 3 people. We heard you the first time.

• Like 2

If only the discussion for/against Miz/Ziggler/Nak was like this in March Madness.  What could have been.

I didn't know about Renee and Dean getting married, but a pox on the house of the creeper who found that out.  It's not super secret regarding one's relationship if you check social media, but checking county records?  C'mon, man.  I do like how Renee shut down Kevin's mention of it last night.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I really love me some JBL... If that's your best shot trolling, please try again...

I wasn't really trying to troll, just making a random post about how much I don't like seeing Ziggler on my tv. But do I need to point out that you've gotten worked up over my post enough that you've now replied to it twice?

4 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

He's had a career high year definitely, though he's shown his real calling would be a Heenan-esque heat magnet manager that his charge's rival seeks to get 5 minutes alone in the ring with should they win.  Give him a stable of heels with some Hollywood gimmick to manage and I'd be all for him.

This is exactly where Larry Sweeney should be. Sweet 'n Sour, Inc. should be causing mayhem for the top faces on Smackdown right now. 

• Like 2

I think that's about right, regarding the Sandow thing. That was also probably the height of hate for Miz. Since that time he has put in a ton of work. If you still don't like Miz, that's fine, but I think it's hard to deny how improved he's been since then and up until now. It's a shame he was moved to Raw because I thought that on SDL he would for sure have a World title run at some point this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

So the perfect situation would be Nak vs Ziggler w/ Miz and Maryse as managers?

If Nak KOs Ziggler before the match starts and then Miz has to wrestle in his place, then it's absolutely perfect. Maybe the loser having to wear a weasel suit too or Maryse has to work on Dusty Rhodes' ranch.

• Like 1

To add to this, I never understood the criticism of Miz's body. The guy looks like a wrestler. He's not totally jacked like some people, but he's not a scrawny runt either. Maybe early on he didn't have the typical build for a wrestler, but he's added mass since then. I think even Alvarez continues this complaint that Miz doesn't look like a wrestler. I just don't get that line of thinking.