DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Live's shake it up, 11th April 2017.

The Natural

22 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Did Stephanie allow Trent Baalke into the war room??? 

Under this analogy, does that make Tamina AJ Jenkins?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They also got saddled with Epico & Primo

I did like the finisher they pulled out.  The powerbomb/back cracker combo.  New Day will freshen this up a bit. They needed to move. I can see some fun comedy coming out of New Day and the Fashion Police or New Day and the Usos. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I'd actually rather see Rusev/Nakamura. Ziggler is perfectly fine to establish the Strong Style with, he's far more willing to take a real beating than the Miz. Save Miz/Nak for a one-off on a PPV, I have hopes that Miz could do one great match with Nak, but a series would showcase the Miz's shortcomings.

Miz/Nak would have more heat in the buildup, but the match itself would just be a less good version of Nak/Roode.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I did like the finisher they pulled out.  The powerbomb/back cracker combo.  New Day will freshen this up a bit. They needed to move. I can see some fun comedy coming out of New Day and the Fashion Police or New Day and the Usos. 

New Day needed to be moved, no question. I would have moved Gallows and Anderson over instead of the Fabulous Colon Brothers.

• Like 2

Just now, HumanChessgame said:

Miz/Nak would have more heat in the buildup, but the match itself would just be a less good version of Nak/Roode.

The best way to have a Miz/Nakamura match would have been Miz being preoccupied mocking Daniel Bryan, then turns around right into the Kinshasa. The match lasts about 8 seconds.

• Like 4

Just now, JCM said:

Miz is smart enough to know that would give him more heel heat than having a 30 minute 2,9 fest.

That's well and good. I wouldn't want to watch a 30 minute Miz match anyway, even with Nakamura.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

To be fair, I don't want to watch a 30 minute Nakamura match, let alone a 30 minute Miz match. We've hit that point were people realize the ending of the "hot zone" for wrestling is right about 20 minutes now, right?

Hunter will be owning the company so,  no.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Well I am not going to watch Raw so I guess my Monday nights are free.

"Let's Call Saul" is a damn fine show.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

To be fair, I don't want to watch a 30 minute Nakamura match, let alone a 30 minute Miz match. We've hit that point were people realize the ending of the "hot zone" for wrestling is right about 20 minutes now, right?

Miz is good when he has tons of story behind him and he can play off that story. And right now, the best build up he has in terms of pay off won't happen because Daniel Bryan is a reckless moron.

5 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

What is wrong with you?

Just now, El Dragon said:

I've seen enough modern "Epic, Finisher Reversing and Kicking Out Matches" to find the entire style generally awful unless people are clever with it, which only like 3 or 4 people are?

Oh, so you just watch WWE, okay, I get it. 

2 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Oh, so you just watch WWE, okay, I get it. 

Aww, that's cute, but no, and if you are referring to New Japan Era Nakamura, may I point out to you you want the guy who is correctly labeled the King of Mailling It In to have a match with Dolph God Damned Ziggler. There is 0 chance Nak brings it in that match. Especially for god damned 30 minutes.

It will make an entertaining 12 minute semi squash or so. The further past that point it goes, the rougher around the edges it will get. And it's already going to be rough if there's a Ziggler control segment.

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

Aww, that's cute, but no, and if you are referring to New Japan Era Nakamura, may I point out to you you want the guy who is correctly labeled the King of Mailling It In to have a match with Dolph God Damned Ziggler. There is 0 chance Nak brings it in that match. Especially for god damned 30 minutes.

You're a funny fellow, did Nak drop you on your head or something to earn your ire? I never said that I wanted to see a thirty-minute Ziggler/Nak match, Nak punting Dolph around the ring for a few weeks in the usually-allocated TV time of seven-ten minutes is just fine to build his profile up.

FWIW: I'd rather watch Nak mailing it in than 99% of the people at the top of their game.

• Like 1

Just now, OSJ said:

You're a funny fellow, did Nak drop you on your head or something to earn your ire? I never said that I wanted to see a thirty-minute Ziggler/Nak match, Nak punting Dolph around the ring for a few weeks in the usually-allocated TV time of seven-ten minutes is just fine to build his profile up.

FWIW: I'd rather watch Nak mailing it in than 99% of the people at the top of their game.

Nak didn't drop me on my head, at least at last check. He did underwhelm me in NXT to the point were most of the "buzz" for him wasn't quite as there as it should have been for his big show debut. And I'm not exactly bringing new information that Nak has 2 speeds or anything, it's just a thing you have to accept with Nakamura. 

And this kinda originated with "Me liking 20 minute matches over 30 minute matches is weird" thinking, in which case I'm still waiting for a counter argument other then "what is wrong with you"

As for the Nak mailing it in thing, and I say this as someone who LOVES Nak when he gives a shit: If you are really that down with a guy having the same match against multiple different opponents all the time more then 99% of wrestlers going today, then... congrats I guess? That's your call, but man, that just seems super boring to me. I'll watch someone worse who actually catches me off guard with something new and fun anyday.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Oh and did I miss it, or was JBL not playing heel at all tonight?

I noticed that too. I'm sure Byron will enjoy the reprieve even if it's just during the 2 hours they're on air.

So, do we just try to influence Ryan Ward and Road Dogggg by thinking real hard at them as a group now? "EL GUAPO MACHKA... EL GUAPO MACHKA... EL. GUAPO. MACHKA."

• Like 2