DVDVR Message Board

NXT TakeOver: San Antonio *SPOILERS*

The Natural

So what kind of wacky Nakamura violin entrance are we looking at? I'm calling a mashup of his regular music with Charlie Daniels playing him out to "The South's Gonna Do It Again."

• Like 1

On 25/01/2017 at 7:35 PM, DreamBroken said:

I assumed it was always to hold off on Ember/Asuka until the Mania takeover, but it still doesn't seem like she's at Asuka's level quite yet. 

Yeah, I keep reading people saying that it should be Asuka/Moon at Mania, but Moon doesn't strike me as being over enough or interesting enough for that position. If we compare Moon to the three challengers this weekend, we know far less about Moon as a character than Cross, Kay or Royce, plus she's spent the past few months working with the likes of Liv Morgan and Aaliyah, so it's not like she's been building up an impressive resume of victories. At this point, Asuka/Cross feels like a more exciting 1-on-1 match, given that Cross has been put over as far more deadly than Moon.

• Like 1

The Takeover Kickoff show is start at 7 pm EST and it will be hosted by Charly Caruso, Corey Graves and Nigel McGuinness

They are announcing the NXT Awards winners during the show so it wouldn't shock me if some sort of angle emerges based around them

Trying to think is this the first time where the actual WWE Sunday show is more hyped than the NXT Saturday Takeover show?  I mean even Wrestlemania weekend the NXT show has more buzz to it.   This is one of the weaker Takeover shows and could be really eh if Roode gets a clean win of Nakamura.   The only matches I am really interested in Strong vs Almas and DIY vs Authors of Pain but that is only to see how they can handle them

I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton and Billie are beaten soundly then show up on Raw as Emma's lackeys. They could totally do Asuka/Ember at Orlando, it would just need to be another Asuka win. She shouldn't drop a fall before hitting the main roster (and even then, not for quite some time).

No way Nakamura loses either. Nak/Hero has to be the Orlando main.

The one match that's up in the air for me is the tag titles. If DIY are getting sent to 205, they're probably losing here, and AoP could have a compelling run as monster champs, although it seems redundant with Asuka. The only problem is 205 doesn't need two more guys they can't do anything with, unless they're planning some CW tag titles. Plus DIY have been as important to NXT match quality as the Revival for the last 6 months. Losing them would strain the roster more than it already is, and we're already back to pre R-Evolution quality shows with the likes of Bobby Roode in the main event.

Yeesh, losing DIY would be apocalyptic at this point.  Based on what's become standard NXT booking protocol, I imagine they lose the belts tonight, then do a rematch at Mania weekend.  You pretty much see every major title match twice now.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

One would assume they would move Heavy Machinery up into that #2 Face tag team slot

I thought that said Henry Machinery and imagined Henry teaming with someone wearing a Machines mask. Now i am disappointed, 

• Like 4

• RIPPA locked this topic
  • RIPPA unlocked and pinned this topic

I have a feeling that most folks are going to be WAY higher on that Main Event than I was

The finish was creative though it dragged too long with the doctor.

I feel like the do go to the Nakamura is crippled well too often but it is what it is.

Of course - if Nakamura shows up in the Rumble than it is all a farce

This is my first Wrasslin PPV since unsubscribing from the network after last year's Summerslam. Here are some thoughts. I watched this while also watching the airport protests on twitter so I maybe missing some details. 

Tye Breaker is a good name for a move. Eric Young is a good person to have growling and yelling at people about vague causes. He got that Gravel Voice. Damo got good crazy eyes.

I no longer want anyone from CMLL- the best promotion on the planet- to come to WWE, because the way Sombra languishes- SOMBRA, FOR FUCKS SAKE- kind of drives me crazy. Roddy is still Roddy. Watch more CMLL.

Tag match held my interest least, so, nothing to add aside from digging Ellering's preacher voice.

The Rollins angle felt under developed, which is a real shame because the crowd was All In.

Women's match was real good. I'm way into Nikki Cross's whole thing, and the Phi Kappa Aussie thing was fantastic. Seeing heels like giddily celebrate doing violence is Entirely My Thing. Match of the night. 

I love the Tom/Corey/Percy commentary team. "BEING AROUND EIGHT WOMEN IS THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE, YOU IDIOT." Roode/Nak lasted real real long and the middle dragged to me. Finishing stretch was good. I forgot NXT crowds sing. Kind of curious about what happens at the Mania weekend Takeover. Hopefully not a rematch. Probably a rematch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I can't imagine NXT having a card that excites me less then this one. But let's hope this show over delivers. 

I was pretty much in the same boat and I have to say it really over-delivered for me. I thought every match was above average and the tag match was shockingly great.

Agree with the creative finish, but Roode is still  mediocrity incarnate.

The Almas/Strong match was pretty solid and that was probably the best Ive seen Almas look both in ring and personality wise.  Roddy came off pretty well also despite still lacking in charisma.

Tag match was easily the match of the night for me.  DIY played the underdogs really well and the AOP looked like beasts who were too powerful for DIY's signature offense to handle.