DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 2/16/17

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing February 16, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Moose & Brandi Rhodes def. Crazzy Steve & Rosemary when Moose pinned Steve

*Eddie Edwards comes out and says he's here to beat Davey's ass. Angelina Love comes out and says it doesn't work that way, he gets Davey when she says so. Angelina says Eddie wasn't there when Davey was hurt because he was too busy chasing titles. Angelina introduces The American Wolf Davey Richards and they get in to a pullapart brawl. Eddie challenges Davey to an anything goes street fight tonight.

*Jessie Godderz def. Kingston. After the match, the lights went out and Bram & Storm appeared but Jessie escaped and taunted them from the ramp.

*Tyrus takes over the Fact of Life and calls out Eli Drake for walking out on their match last week. Eli comes out with his arm in a sling. Tyrus says nobody owns him and he will see Eli in the ring next week.

*Brooke def. Sienna (w/ Maria Kanellis)

*Impact World Champion Lashley comes out for a promo. Lashley says he's a 4 time World Champion and the baddest man on the planet, he's too good for the entire roster. Lashley declares nobody in wrestling or MMA can beat him which leads Josh Barnett interrupting him. Barnett challenges Lashley to a world title match. Lashley warns Barnett that in MMA there are rules but in his world there are none and accepts his challenge.

*Eddie Edwards comes out for the street fight. Angelina Love comes out to introduce Davey but he runs in from the crowd and ambushes Eddie. Davey and Angelina beat down Eddie and Alexxis with steel chairs and take out Earl Hebner as well. Angelina counted the three for Davey.

Kind of disappointed they turned Cody heel already and so abruptly. I prefer him as a face and felt TNA could've used him more on that side. Also leaves Cody vs Lashley unresolved from writing Cody off last month.

Definitely some weird things on the last set of spoilers but also some stuff to be excited about. I'll wait and see how it plays out on tv.

Couple side notes:

JR hinted on Twitter that Josh Barnett might be doing something with them for the last set of tapings tonight. Not sure if he'd be an announcer or work an angle with Lashley. 

The TNA name is finally being phased out. They changed all of their social media logos to the new (questionable) Impact logo and the twitter handle has been changed from TNA wrestling to Impact Wrestling. Long overdue.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Oh an apparently judging by some Twitter activity, they might get Wendy's as a sponsor. Lol.

No no - they are shamelessly begging Wendy's to tweet them like they have been all the other wrestling references because they are desperate

20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

One step forward, two steps back.

They are going to push off a Rosemary / Allie feud for as long as they can, aren't they?

That's definitely the money feud. They still need to get through Rosemary/Jade and then I assume Rosemary/Gail Kim. 

Meanwhile I would guess Allie would be tied up with Maria/laurel/sienna. 

Which could actually work-- have Allie run through Maria and Co, making her strong for Rosemary who would take out jade and hopefully retire Gail Kim. 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:28 AM, J.T. said:

One step forward, two steps back.

They are going to push off a Rosemary / Allie feud for as long as they can, aren't they?

We're being punished for years of not taking the promotion seriously. Or for thinking Billy had a chance. One of those.

The company that keeps on giving

According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, during tonight’s episode of Impact, we’re going to see a first. When TNA airs the Hardy’s match from CRASH in Mexico vs. Super Crazy & Psychosis, they will have to blur out/censor the referee.

Lucha Underground sent TNA a cease and desist order because the referee is under contract to them.

• Like 2

Was hoping the Tijuana match would be more full than clipped but still fun and the skits surrounding it were great. "Hermano Konnan.. I knew you'd come!" and Konnan instructing his guy to make bootleg Hardys merch. Solid start to the Davey/Eddie feud with a good brawl there and a nice different setup with Lashley/Barnett.

The TJ stuff was pretty fun. I was hoping for more footage from the match. Braxton still looks like an idiot. There some cognitive dissonance with Barnett's appearance and his fairly smooth announcer voice, I need more rasslin' when he's talking. Lashley is still killing the promos, I never would have thought he would be this good.

• Like 1

I know it's wrestling and all, but the idea that Braxton Sutter just goes along for the ride on this wedding thing isn't something they're carrying off as nearly as well as they think they are. I mean, there were some minor lolz here and I get that Laurel and co. are evil enough that we won't really sympathise with her - but I feel this marriage plotline is a bit thin.

Better times:

AJandKaren.jpg

On 1/12/2017 at 6:34 PM, Thibs said:

Maybe they just need a new catering provider?

Scott Steiner would flip out when they arrived with plastic silverware and utensils if he was still with the company. 

Nice to see Kingston is the designated jobber of DCC. 

I hope the Sutter wedding dealie ends with Sutter revealing that's he been running some sort of long con all along and doing something to embarass Laurel and company.  Otherwise, oof...  At the moment, he's well below John Cena (who sat stone-faced on Talking Smack while Natayla banged his girlfriend's face off the set) on the bad boyfriend scale.

• Like 1

This episode is an absolute CHORE to get through.  I've tried to watch it four separate times and it's just so tedious.

The Hardyz in Tijuana stuff was entertaining, so of course they blew it off in 3-4 minutes of a clipped match that spent more time focused on Vanguard1 backstage than the actual match.

The wedding stuff is just all terrible.  Like fast-forward angrily terrible.  Everybody involved looks worse for having been a part of it.  Sutter looks like the world's dumbest/most inept man.  Zack Ryder in a wheelchair getting pushed off a stage while his girlfriend makes out with John Cena looks at Braxton and goes "Dude, grow a pair!"  Allie's support from the crowd is starting to dwindle and they've taken way too long to pull the trigger on her full-on turning on Maria; by the time it happens it will be a tepid Impact Zone pop, rather than the major moment it could have been.  Mike Bennett's character is just dead, now.

But all of that pales in comparison to that Brooke-Sienna match.  The slow-motion spinning headscissors would have been the most embarrassing thing I'd ever seen.  Then, they did that other kind of headscissors thing where Brooke couldn't get up high enough so Sienna had to lift her legs up for her.  And then they had Brooke slip out of Sienna's finisher to roll her up, but took too long so Sienna had to stand there, facing away from her opponent for an ETERNITY like she'd forgotten how her feet worked and just stood there waiting for Brooke to hit her from behind.  All the while, Josh and Madison are exchanging playful "banter" trying to pretend like they're not married, with Josh interrupting anyone who talks for too long so he can shout "OOH!" and "Boof!" then getting mad when Pope and Madison talk to each other and going "Can I make a point here?!"  In wrestling hell, they make you watch this segment on a loop sandwiched between Mike Awesome: The Fat Chick Thriller and Katie Vick.  I hated this segment! It sucked!

Somehow I still have 30-40 minutes of show left to watch!

• Like 4

BTW, I should add the main event was pretty fun.  Though it seemed a little over-the-top violent for what is, ostensibly, a mid-card feud.  Unless, of course, it was designed with an eye to promoting Davey Richards to the main event scene, in which case, I guess, Mission Accomplished.