DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

His actions the past 24 hours or whatever seem to run counter to that point though and will only hurt morale within the company even more than all this "gosh, we sure wish we could be WWE" bullshit already has.

20 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Reby's still going hard at Anthem on Twitter. She even called out Dish for caving.

Matt better hope he never screws up at home.

The words 'John,' 'Wayne' and 'Bobbitt' spring to mind.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

His actions the past 24 hours or whatever seem to run counter to that point though and will only hurt morale within the company even more than all this "gosh, we sure wish we could be WWE" bullshit already has.

I fail to see how trying to make money off of something that seems to technically be his company's IP is stupid. If this type of thing hurt moral to any measurable point, than moral would be terrible in 99% of wrestling companies.

If this was Dixie and she let them walk and take the gimmick, the narrative would be about how dumb she is to let them leave and at the end of the day get nothing out of the Broken stuff.

i mean, is it somewhat sleazy? I guess. But to be fair, they stuck with Matt and Jeff through DUI's, drug busts, domestic violence and god knows what else. And the Hardys basically got everything they wanted contract-wise for the last 2 years or so. 

11 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Because he's going to scare away talent even more, come off as bitter and still almost assuredly lose.

But he's already signed a bunch of new talents that didn't seem to have a problem with it. And judging by the last 24 hours, with Dish dropping the PPV and the Hardys going back to the regular Hardys, he's winning at this point. 

We'll see how it plays out though. Definitely more entertaining than anything on Impact Thursday.

28 minutes ago, Thibs said:

and the Hardys going back to the regular Hardys, he's winning at this point. 

But about that:

Spoiler

After they won, the Hardys made sure to grab the Bucks' "Superkick Party" title belts as well as the ROH titles. One of the announcers even commented that the Superkick titles weren't "on the line." So it would seem the Expedition For Gold is still part of their gimmick.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thibs said:

I fail to see how trying to make money off of something that seems to technically be his company's IP is stupid. If this type of thing hurt moral to any measurable point, than moral would be terrible in 99% of wrestling companies.

How would he make money off of it? There is nothing to be gained.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Sign Rick Bogner and Glen Jacobs to be the New #BROKEN Matt and Brother Nero. 

Money = printed by the millions.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Just going by the Ryan satin report. Assuming they want a cut of what they make off the gimmick on the independents. 

The only thing to be gained as I see it is that it forces the Hardys back to WWE, and keeps them away from building up ROH long-term. 

But #fuckthatowl is doing quite well and TNA needs goodwill to work - we all got plenty of options when it comes to pro wrestling, and it doesn't look like they know how to make the product must-see or even close.

38 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Just going by the Ryan satin report. Assuming they want a cut of what they make off the gimmick on the independents. 

Lol wasn't Konnan bootlegging their t-shirts on TV a few weeks ago?

Also, I mean they've got Alberto El Patron as the fucking champ. I know Alberto is his middle name, but El Patron comes from his WWE gimmick.

Their new website is jokes, even Earl is like wtf?

23jh99l.png

• Like 1

ROH should certainly want to work with them after the bullshit they pulled with Dish. Anthem have managed to make themselves as popular as pubic lice, needlessly made countless enemies and won't make a single solitary dime in the process. And keep in mind this is in addition to the other shit they've pulled like pay guys per day rather than per show. 

3 hours ago, Thibs said:

Stupid fucking owl. 

Aside from a shitload of TNA, the wrestling I get on Fight Network is Fighting Spirit Wrestling (NJPW & CMLL), Insane Championship Wrestling, British Wrestling Weekly (New Generation Wrestling), and WrestleCentre (indy based in Nova Scotia). 

• Like 1

Good stuff:

These threads here through the years.

2005, 2006 and 2012. 2005 was TNA's best year.

Samoa Joe in 2005-2006, AJ Styles from the start and A Double in 2012.

Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles at Unbreakable 2005, AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe at Turning Point 2005 and Broken Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy in Final Deletion *****

The Broken verse.

The X Division from say 2002-2012 perhaps?

Joker Sting.

Beer...Money.

The best set up would've been Corgan essentially in the Jarrett role with Anthem running the business side. But no, Jarrett had to weasel his way in.

if you ever get a chance, listen to Corgan on jericho's podcast from a year and a half ago. The guy has a tremendous mind and great ideas for the business. Would have loved to see it play out.

• Like 1

I have no love for this broken nonsense, but it makes little to no sense to me when you are bending over backwards to try to restore goodwill with your fan base to try to squash and get money from literally the only thing that kept you afloat during the darkest of times. It would be hard to argue that if Matt and Jeff had not gone along on the magical mystery tour that there would even be an Impact wrestling. Let the Hardys go make their money and use your time and energy to make stars on your shows that people want to watch