DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

If they take my suggestion and name him Randy Owlton, I hope they follow through and bring in Moray Wyatt to feud with him.

Given Jarret's Memphis roots, maybe they should name the ow "Lord Hoo-mungous".

I'm very sorry.  I'll stop now.

PopTV already has a named owl though. Orwell, I think, is the mascot/host for Big Brother After Dark.

If Jessie Godderz is still with Impact, I think his next storyline is coming out of this contest.

So, just how bad was this? One ardent TNA reviewer gave up and stopped watching it entirely who has seen every minute of everything TNA's ever done.

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

So, just how bad was this? One ardent TNA reviewer gave up and stopped watching it entirely who has seen every minute of everything TNA's ever done.

I was not prepared for Garrett's meltdown this morning when I woke up

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This cannot be a good idea...

At least the prize isn't $150 worth of stock in Global Gold. 

I am inclined to borrow from the movie, The Jerk, and name the owl, "Shithead."

• Like 3

BTW - another way the new TNA pay structure bones folks (well except the exceptions like Cody, Del Rio, etc)

So as we talked about TNA wants everyone to agree to per day deals

Used to be that they would pay you for every day you appeared on TV 

NOW they are paying guys for only the days worked

So it used to be - tape two matches in one taping. Get paid for two days. Now they are only paying for the taping day

So basically guys are getting screwed out of 3 or 4 weeks of pay

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - another way the new TNA pay structure bones folks (well except the exceptions like Cody, Del Rio, etc)

So it used to be - tape two matches in one taping. Get paid for two days. Now they are only paying for the taping day

And you can't balance out the lost revenue by taking indie bookings because they want a cut out of that, too.

Fuck Impact.

I didn't hate the show last night but I see why others would.

I like crash tv once in a while and this felt like TNA 2002 from the asylum.  

I thought the graphics and production were tremendous and I'm surprised Kevin Sullivan isn't on WWE's payroll. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They're paying them per day not per taping right? Or am I misunderstanding? Because I think with the new taping schedule most of the roster isn't working more than once per day during a course of a taping session.

So I assume if the taping lasts 4 days and a talent is working once per day, they get paid 4 times. If it is one pay day per taping I don't see how anyone would agree to that. 

Very few talent works only once per day and they change is that it is ONE DAY = ONE PAY no matter how much you do

Use the example of Moose

His feud is with Cody Rhodes who was only available for one day - so all their angle was crammed into the first day because that was the only day Cody was there

He gets ONE pay day despite appearing like 4 times throughout the taping