DVDVR Message Board

2016 NCAAF: WEEK 5

Dolfan in NYC

I'll be interested to see if Les coaches again or if he slips into broadcasting, where he will surely be a hot commodity, and never comes back.  He's basically the same age Mack Brown was when he got canned at Texas and that dude is never coming back, even though he's not *that* old for a football coach.

I'm not even sure how desirable of a coaching candidate he would be in 2017 and beyond.  He lost the LSU job because he flatly refused to evolve with the times, even when his job was clearly on the line, so I definitely wouldn't expect him to change his stripes at a new job.  And, if that's the case, I can't see a major program signing up for that offense, which squandered talent like Fournette and Beckham, to name just two.

If the Badgers beat Michigan by some fluke or miracle we better make the top 5, if only for a week, it would be just; then, Ohio State destroys us 82-3 and we fall off the rankings entirely.

4 Nebraska players kneeled during the National Anthem on Saturday.  This went over with a certain group about as well as you'd expect.

The Governor called the protests disgraceful and disrespectful.  A former mayor of  Lincoln, and current regent of the University has called for them to be kicked off the team in the Lincoln newspaper (he later claimed he never said that). And one of the players who kneeled, said he's received death threats and been called, well, you know

Fortunately, the University president and several other regents have their back. 

21 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Holy hell, Tennessee is about to hit prove it month. Only one home game in October, and that's the Tide.

There's a couple of SEC teams that kind of have a hell schedule over the next 6 or so weeks.

Even Alabama's schedule is sort of tough, but the conference is so down as a whole and Bama is just really good this year (despite Bama fans thinking otherwise) that I would be surprised if they're anything but 13-0 heading into the College Football Playoff.  I think a team like Ohio State will give them nightmares, but it's depressing how bad the SEC has become in recent years, and that's mostly due to your power players not being consistent, and teams that are trying to rise into that discussion always seem to find a period of the year to suffer from Clemsoning (see Ole Miss). Poor Tennessee is probably going to lose twice in a year to Bama in a series that they're already in double digit consecutive losses.

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

4 Nebraska players kneeled during the National Anthem on Saturday.  This went over with a certain group about as well as you'd expect.

The Governor called the protests disgraceful and disrespectful.  A former mayor of  Lincoln, and current regent of the University has called for them to be kicked off the team in the Lincoln newspaper (he later claimed he never said that). And one of the players who kneeled, said he's received death threats and been called, well, you know

Fortunately, the University president and several other regents have their back. 

Some of that good old fashioned "Midwestern Nice".

• Like 1

Texas scored 4 touchdowns in the first half vs OSU.  They scored one point on 4 extra point attempts. OSU scored 2 points on Texas' extra point attempts.  Here's hoping they keep the knack for losing games in bizarre ways that they developed last year