DVDVR Message Board

2016 NCAAF: WEEK 4

Dolfan in NYC

I'm shocked there aren't TV executives jumping out of buildings after this weekend.  Unless this season takes a wacky, 2007-like turn, huge, namebrand teams like Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and USC are already irrelevant, three weeks into the season.  And even more, like Oregon, Florida State, and LSU are kinda on the brink.

Ratings are gonna be rough.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I think folks may be underselling Houston as a draw. Long time SWC power in a big media market... a bit of a sleeping giant.

UH just doesn't have the rabid fanbase that so many other schools have.  Most of the UH grads I've known were either UT or A&M fans.  UH was just a school they went to, not one they rooted for.  Kind of like how I see cars all over Austin with Texas State stickers and little silver longhorn decals.  UH has been far, far more successful than Texas State, but I'm not sure it's made much of a difference to their drawing power.

Baylor proving they're still tone deaf:

Art Briles attended the game this weekend, as did Shawn Oakman, one of the players accused of sexual assault. Oakman then went into the locker room and addressed the team. When asked about it later, head coach Jim Grobe said  "I don't know who Shawn Oakman is". 

I may have to burn my rg3 jersey. 

14 hours ago, Tabe said:

Baylor proving they're still tone deaf:

Art Briles attended the game this weekend, as did Shawn Oakman, one of the players accused of sexual assault. Oakman then went into the locker room and addressed the team. When asked about it later, head coach Jim Grobe said  "I don't know who Shawn Oakman is". 

I may have to burn my rg3 jersey. 

If he doesn't know who Shawn Oakman is, why the hell did he let him in his locker room?  Why do we let football coaches treat us like we're stupid?  I've been waiting my entire life for a coach to break bad with a reporter, and the reporter to look him straight in the eye and tell him to go fuck himself.

• Like 1

Can't remember if I've posted this before, but I wonder at some point if this Baylor shit will start to affect the school as a whole.  About 60 percent of their student population consists of girls from rich white families whose daddies sent em there to protect their honor, since clearly it would've been in jeopardy at the Sodom/Gomorrah that are the state schools.  

Wonder if they still have the crazy rules they had back when I was dating a girl there in the late 80s, with dancing forbidden on campus and guys only being allowed in the girls dorms for like 3 hours on Saturdays, and then only if the door was left open.

On 9/20/2016 at 0:14 PM, Robert C said:

Can't remember if I've posted this before, but I wonder at some point if this Baylor shit will start to affect the school as a whole.  About 60 percent of their student population consists of girls from rich white families whose daddies sent em there to protect their honor, since clearly it would've been in jeopardy at the Sodom/Gomorrah that are the state schools.  

Wonder if they still have the crazy rules they had back when I was dating a girl there in the late 80s, with dancing forbidden on campus and guys only being allowed in the girls dorms for like 3 hours on Saturdays, and then only if the door was left open.

Look at Penn State.  People believe that it never happened.  Colleges look more and more like cults.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think we can officially start speculating on who the next next coach at USC will be.

1-3 at USC is beyond unacceptable and bordering on inconceivable.

There were rumors floating around the fan boards that the coach got into it with an o-lineman and got punched and also rumors that a bunch of dudes are looking to transfer.  Yeah, it's all speculation but where there's smoke there's fire and the terrible start is enough to get him canned anyway.

Watching God's perfect idiot Chad Kelly obliterate u(sic)ga is nourishing to my soul. I'm watching this at a dive bar in north ga and I feel my second strike coming on. I have an airtight defense planned, however;

"Your honor, no one in that bar had any teeth to start with. How can it be proved that my client, my handsome, strong, virile, successful client, knocked any teeth out when there were none to start with? The defense rests, your honor."

For those of you not from the southeast, the fanbase of u(sic)ga is generally regarded as an...unwashed sort. The type of folk who are unencumbered by sophistication or brilliance....