DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - SEPTEMBER

Dolfan in NYC

Merry Kershmas, everybody!! I am super stoked to get the guy back, and I love that his first start is against Fernandez. I'm hoping that LAD keeps their foot on the gas and the last 6 they have against SFG can knock the Giants right the fuck out of the WC race, but SFG is doing a pretty goddamn good job of removing themselves from that picture.

On the Strasburg thing, he has to be done for the year, right? I was reading that the flexor mass stabilizes the UCL, so I would think that is not a chance that WAS wants to take on him needing the TJ again.

I appreciate your well-wishes, and I hope that we can still enjoy one another's company when our respective teams do battle in October. I'm hoping things go in a more favorable outcome for my boys in Blue without Daniel goddamn Murphy.

Here's to the Mets right now, and then they can fuck right off later on!!

Kershaw looked like a dude that needed a few more innings under his belt, and Fernandez was really fucking good. 3 H, 3 BB that didn't hurt him and 14 K's. He's a stud, man. Tons of fun to watch. 

Grandal took Rodney deep T9 to erase the 0 on the board, but LA looked pretty goddamn flat tonight. Looks like Reddick is waking up again, 3 hits tonight, 2 of which were off Fernandez. 

Rich Hill and Tom Koehler tomorrow, I don't think I have seen much of Koehler, maybe only a start or two. 

Rich Hill was perfect through 7 on 88 pitches, Puig had just made a phenomenal play to preserve the perfecto, and Roberts pulled Hill for Blanton in the 8th. Blanton ended up surrendering a hit with 2 outs on a little flare liner to Francoeur that Seager couldn't keep in his glove.

I find it to be absolutely insane that a manager has had to make the decision on pulling a guy mid no-no/perfecto twice in the same season. 

I feel bad for both guys in not getting the chance to close them out, but I have no issue with either one. Stripling was making his debut and coming off TJ and Hill has had blister issues all year. Nice little feather in your cap to have done it, but I like Roberts and his dedication to wanting arms for October.

I can only imagine that Roberts is going to get slayed in the national media. 

Edited by grilledcheese

As you probably saw from my Instagram, my dad and I went to the Marlins game on Sunday afternoon and watched Jose Urena (?!) mow down the Dodgers to finish off a series victory for Miami.  

No Stanton or Puig. But, it's the first time I've gotten to see Ichiro play since 2001.   

Good times with dad at the ballpark are always awesome. 

• Like 4

Mets just played their last game vs a team over .500 and we are still in a playoff spot. Cardinals have 4 games vs SF and 3 at Wrigley while the Giants have (I think) 7 games vs the Dodgers. Mets have games vs Twins, Braves and Phillies at home and close out the season on the road vs the Phillies and Marlins. We have an excellent chance but I won't be relieved until we clinch.

SFG has 4 against STL, 4 against SD, 3 against COL and 6 against LAD.

Pads closed out a sweep against them today, and with STL coming in to SF, NYM better play like a first division team against all these sad sacks in the next 10 days to stay in it. Like you say, pretty good shot, but we are running out of regular season pretty quickly.

26 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

SFG has 4 against STL, 4 against SD, 3 against COL and 6 against LAD.

Pads closed out a sweep against them today, and with STL coming in to SF, NYM better play like a first division team against all these sad sacks in the next 10 days to stay in it. Like you say, pretty good shot, but we are running out of regular season pretty quickly.

Sure, we get a sweep once we cliched a sub .500 record. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Sure, we get a sweep once we cliched a sub .500 record. 

Yo, they only have two series sweeps all year, both against SFG. That's something to take pride in. If you are going to stink up the joint, you better damn well play spoiler. Besides, at this point, the D-Backs are in the cellar, so SD can play to keep them there. Sometimes it's the little things, you know?

Watching how empty the Reds stadium is, I find it very mystifying and rather pathetic that they still out-draw Cleveland by 4,000 per game. What is wrong with that fan base?

• Like 1

Padres GM AJ Preller is suspended for 30 days without pay; essentially, the Padres told their training staff to submit non-complete injury info about their players into the MLB database; 3 trades' worth of damaged goods later, and this is the result.

13 hours ago, Ryan said:

Watching how empty the Reds stadium is, I find it very mystifying and rather pathetic that they still out-draw Cleveland by 4,000 per game. What is wrong with that fan base?

The peculiar thing is the Indians TV ratings are good - seventh in baseball as of mid-July.   However, they are 28th in baseball in average attendance - second to last in total attendance.  

So Indians fans DO want to watch their team, they just don't want to go to the park.

I've actually seen this debated when team relocations are brought up and the Indians are mentioned, but no one has a good answer why the attendance is so bad.  

The park is not a problem and the city HAS supported the Indians in the past (the 455 game sellout streak from 95-01).  

The only guesses I've seen have been the economy (Cleveland was hurt hard by the recession and really hasn't made it back as well as most places have), more interest in the Browns and now Cavs and...fans still are upset with the Indians for the selloffs after 01, 07 and then after 13.

But your guess is as good as mine as to why no one comes to the park.

44 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Padres GM AJ Preller is suspended for 30 days without pay; essentially, the Padres told their training staff to submit non-complete injury info about their players into the MLB database; 3 trades' worth of damaged goods later, and this is the result.

AJ Preller has been the worst baseball executive in the league. He fills the void Kevin Towers left, and is likely worse than Kevin Towers. SOMEHOW he kept his job going into this year and the Padres ownership is so full of shit and brain dead that I wouldn't be surprised to see him return next year.