DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I guess its possible Jon and Dany form an alliance to fight the White walkers, which would allow the dragons to help make the Valyrean swords. 

You still need magic and an above Master blacksmith.

And of course, actual records of how they were made would help, but unless there's a "restore 1000 year old ash to book form" spell, that's not likely.

2 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

And of course, actual records of how they were made would help, but unless there's a "restore 1000 year old ash to book form" spell, that's not likely.

Shhhhhh!  You've just spoiled why Bram the Three Eyed Raven is essential to the story!

Why do you need to restore the book when you've got a mother fucker that can travel through time and recover the secret by warging into the past and watching Valyrian steel smithing techniques first hand?

The pieces of recovering the art are already there.  Now we have to see if they can be put together so that the swords are forged well in advance of Snowpocalypse.

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Just had scary thought:

what if Night King got control of The Zombified Mountain? 

I'm praying that Cleganestein's means of creation prevents him from becoming a wight. 

Cleganestein vs. Hodor-wight in a steel cage MUST HAPPEN~!

• Like 1

That raises an intriguing warging/time travel question:

when you go back in time, how much time elapses? Is it 1:1? Or can you go into the past for X time and return but only a few seconds have passed? 

5 hours ago, J.T. said:
  2. Poor Tommen.  If his mother had been there to console him, he probably wouldn't have jumped....
  3. Not that Cersei was all that broken hearted about Tommen's death.  Burn him and scatter his ashes where Margaery died?  Petty much? That was your son and your only surviving child, you asshole. It is terrifying to think that as time goes by, Cersei will probably cherish Joffrey's memory more than she does Tommen's.
  4. Which brings us to the fact that Cersei is an unfettered monster and will make for a horrible queen.  The only thing that kept her sadistic and homicidal megalomania in check so far was her love for her kids and now they're all dead.  Her first unofficial act as kinda sorta Queen was to have a nun tortured and / or sexually assaulted by Cleganestein.  Keep it classy, Your Highness.
  5. Irony is ironic.  Cersei was prepared to kill Tommen as a child rather than let him be captured or killed by Stannis during the Battle of The Blackwater, only to inadvertently kill Tommen as an adult while snuffing her political enemies at once during the trial.... Hmmm... maybe she knew that Tommen would snuff himself and counted on him doing just that in order to justify seizing the crown?  Nah.. she's not that smart... but she IS that ruthless and probably saw Tommen as just as much of a political rival as Margaery and the High Sparrow.... Hmmmm, again...  Am I giving Cersei too much credit or not enough credit?  I won't know until next season.

I don't think she counted on him killing himself. If that was the plan she would have just let him go to the trial and get blown up. More chance of him dying in the explosion then assuming he'd off himself.  I'm guessing shes just so far gone at this point that it didn't affect her like her last 2 kids who died.

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

Wait...is the Mountain a zombie in the "dead" sense or in the "chemically lobotomized by a madman" sense?

I seem to recall it being confirmed in a previous episode that the Mountain had indeed died from his poisoned wounds shortly after he crushed the Red Viper's skull, but no one was ever informed of it... at least not in the books...

In the television show, everyone seems to know that "Ser Robert the Silent" is actually The Mountain and I suppose they assume that he received the antidote that does not exist in the novels.

I think the fact she had that outfit made is a clue that she had at least given up on the idea of her children.  She was clearly planning to take power and in her mind was already living in a "post-being-a-mother" world.  I don't think she expected him to kill himself, but she had also resigned herself to the madness of that prophecy and had just stopped fighting it.  Tommen, to her, was already dead.  It was just a matter of where/when.

Her reaction to his death was so much less than the other two because she had exhausted her ability to fight what she saw as inevitable and had even lost her ability to mourn it.  She is now essentially a living vengeance demon whose vengeance is against the world itself.

Jaime should have stuck with Brienne.

17 minutes ago, Basara said:

I don't think she counted on him killing himself. If that was the plan she would have just let him go to the trial and get blown up. More chance of him dying in the explosion then assuming he'd off himself.  I'm guessing shes just so far gone at this point that it didn't affect her like her last 2 kids who died.

She was obviously motherly enough to send Ser Robert there to keep Tommen from attending the trial and getting reduced to vapor, but not enough to have Ser Robert stay long enough to keep Tommen from swan diving from the balcony or be there herself to at least feed Tommen some line of bullshit about how the Sparrow and Margaery had to go for the sake of the crown "because they are using your faith to blind you to the truth" or somesuch bullshit.

Three things I forgot.

1. Not enough love for the fucking king sized unruffled Librarian dude at The Citadel. 

screen-shot-2016-06-27-at-9-56-57-pm.jpg

He MUST have a recurring role next season.

2. Melisandre bounces South after being banished from Winterfell.  Will she return to the North to a full pardon when the shit starts to hit the fan... or will she set up shop in King's Landing... or worse?

3. Benjen could not pass into the forest.  So he's a demi-wight, then?  So he didn't really survive all this time?

I have a feeling that if he hadn't taken that last step, Tommen was going to be spending a lot of time on playdates with the Mountain anyway. Or at least a lot of time staring at the doorway where the Mountain is standing to "protect him."

5 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

Yes, even though the show specifically stated that no one on Westeros can actually reforge an existing blade, let alone forge a new one.

If there was even the steel around.

Who reforged Ice into Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail?

I think we are overlooking what a wild card Arya actually is in all this. I mean I do not think she is going directly back to Winterfell given her trip to deal with Walder Frey. I think she will go wherever the list tells her to. If anyone is going to kill Baelish, Tyrion and Varys I think it will be her. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she manages all 3.

James

2 hours ago, tigertooth said:

Who reforged Ice into Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail?

According to Tywin, a blacksmith from Volantis.

Tywin also said that there were only 3 Blacksmith's in the entire world that can reforge Valyrian Steel.

Whilst there are only 7 named swords, there's about 200 or so unnamed blades in the world belonging to lesser houses, along with some stuff in the Citadel (not enough for a sword).  There's also Euron's armor, if they kept it from the books.

But yeah, unless Bran manages to warg to old Valyrian Smiths to see the forging and magic imbuing, and they coax the Dragons to light the fires, we're not getting new blades.

• Like 3

Don't know about who Jon's Daddy is, but I'm pretty sure Lady Mormont made every Northern Lord not named Jon Snow her bitch.  That might be the baddest 12 year old on the planet.

• Like 2