DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

28 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Still skipping the main point: we have no evidence there was a marriage.

I mentioned the circumstantial stuff earlier... Why else would the Kingsguard be there?  You wouldn't think the best warriors in the world would be protecting a dead prince's bastard. Ned is coming to rescue Lyanna after all.

Only way we can confirm it is through Bran, probably.  Not that it matters that much anymore considering a bastard is now King of the North and a Lannister is sitting on the iron throne.  

Of course it matters in the inevitable Dany/Jon confrontation, but there is a solid chance we will get the answer and the characters wont.

edit: But yeah you're right it would be hard for any character we know to provide proof. The Varys theory is cool though.  That would be epic, but I imagine his actions would have been different if he was aware of Jon.

Correct me if I'm wrong: The map we've been seeing in the opening credits is built into the roof of the Citadel library.

• Like 1

What if Sam uncovers proof of a marriage union through some citadel document!?!? A peice of Targ history lost to the west when the kingdom fell. 

We already know Robert was re writing history on the fly.  

49 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Sam is there to uncover secrets to forging and white walker business but I'm not opposed to other things.  Shit, I could watch an entire episode of Sam digging through the Citadel.

Unless there's some Red Preist's with higher level magic than we've seen and Sam finds a real highly skilled Blacksmith, and the Dragon's light fires for said Blacksmith,  you can safely rule forging more Valyrean blades out.

2 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Unless there's some Red Preist's with higher level magic than we've seen and Sam finds a real highly skilled Blacksmith, and the Dragon's light fires for said Blacksmith,  you can safely rule forging more Valyrean blades out.

Hello, Gendry.

1. So we finally have the fan theory of R + L = J turned into TV canon.  At least it came with Jon Snow getting the totally fucking awesome title of The White Wolf.  All hail the King of the North!
  2. And a child shall lead them.  Lady Mormont is fucking metal.  Where is her Emmy?
  3. And with the closing credits, that makes Jon and crazy ass Uncle Greyjoy the only male rulers of merit in Westeros at least until Yara punks out her uncle by the series finale or until Cersei sends Jaime to war against the Sand dynasty in Dorne.
  4. What the fuck is Varys up to and how the fuck did he teleport from Dorne to Mereen in time for the invasion?  Either the writers need to bring back the episodes that focused on travel or I need time stamps to know when shit is going down.
  5. WHAT THE FUCK WAS UP WITH THE KNIFE WIELDING CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED~?  JESUS CHRIST, GUYS~!
  6. So the new Three Eyed Raven is our Deus Ex Machina and HBO's budget control, What used to take several episodes to relay to the viewer via dialogue and innuendo that still left everyone guessing, Bran can provide that information to us and validate it as truth in one 10 minute segment by touching a tree and warging.
  7. The room got dusty when Dany put the pin on Tyrion.
  8. I would've been totally outraged by Cersei bombing a church if I didn't feel that quite a few of those folks deserved to die.  I fucking Joker clapped when the High Sparrow got what was coming to him so credit Jonathan Pryce for being an awesome actor.
  9. Poor Tommen.  If his mother had been there to console him, he probably wouldn't have jumped....
  10. Not that Cersei was all that broken hearted about Tommen's death.  Burn him and scatter his ashes where Margaery died?  Petty much? That was your son and your only surviving child, you asshole. It is terrifying to think that as time goes by, Cersei will probably cherish Joffrey's memory more than she does Tommen's.
  11. Which brings us to the fact that Cersei is an unfettered monster and will make for a horrible queen.  The only thing that kept her sadistic and homicidal megalomania in check so far was her love for her kids and now they're all dead.  Her first unofficial act as kinda sorta Queen was to have a nun tortured and / or sexually assaulted by Cleganestein.  Keep it classy, Your Highness.
  12. Irony is ironic.  Cersei was prepared to kill Tommen as a child rather than let him be captured or killed by Stannis during the Battle of The Blackwater, only to inadvertently kill Tommen as an adult while snuffing out her political enemies all in one shot during the trial.... Hmmm... maybe she knew that Tommen would snuff himself and counted on him doing just that in order to justify seizing the crown?  Nah.. she's not that smart... but she IS that ruthless and probably saw Tommen as just as much of a political rival as Margaery and the High Sparrow.... Hmmmm, again...  Am I giving Cersei too much credit or not enough credit?  I won't know until next season.
  13. No one is more freaked out by Cersei being queen than Jaime Lannister.  The Kingslayer had better turn into a Queenslayer quick and fast before Cersei runs King's Landing into the ground.
  14. Back to the church bombing.  Cersei has been trying to kill the people she (correctly) assumes are responsible for Joffreys' assassination since the get go and she has pretty much hit all around the bullseye, yet Olenna and Petyr Baelish are still alive and kicking and plotting against her.
  15. Speaking of the badass Elder Tyrell, Olenna has gone to Dorne to start a war over Cersei's bullshit and gives zero fucks about the aftermath.  Holy crap.
  16. Ellaria Sand fucking kills me.  She talks about vengeance and justice as if she didn't start this shit by poisoning Cersei's daughter.  Oberyn chose his own path, homegirl.  You're seizing power because you want to rule, not because you're doing something out of tribute to the memory of the Red Viper.
  17. For that matter, Olenna talks about vengeance as if she didn't fire the first shot by having Joffrey poisoned and then trying to pin the assassination on Sansa Stark.
  18. I want to feel sorry for Margaery, but that is what happens when you make a deal with the devil.  She didn't even live long enough to regret it.  She went from smug to OH FUCK~! in about twenty seconds.
  19. Somewhere in Hell, Tywin Lannister smiles and says THAT IS MY GIRL THAT DID THAT SHIT RIGHT THERE~!  And then he would look around to see if anyone caught him smiling..... and then he would slap the shit out of Cersei for costing the family their last male heir to the throne and getting the South involved a war with Dorne that will end up being a quagmire.
  20. So, the hot serving wench that flashed the flirtatious glance at Jaime was actually Arya in disguise.  Was she staying in character with that wink or was that YOU'RE NEXT, MOTHER FUCKER~?  Maybe Arya will end up being the Kingslayer-slayer and the Queenslayer when this is all said and done? 
  21. I thought I would be happy when Arya started clipping fools on her hit list (YOU ARE AVENGED ROBB AND CATELYN~! NEVAR FORGET~!).   Now I am concerned for my homegirl's immortal soul. SHE WAS GRINNING LIKE A MANIAC WHILE FREY BLED OUT~!  Careful when hunting monsters, young Stark, that you don't become one.
  22. Tommen, Joffrey, Loras, Margery, Robb, Shireen. ad nauseum... The indiscretions of the elders of the noble houses are being paid for with the blood of their children.
  23. Ser Friendzone is permanently in the Friend Zone.  Poor dude.  At least he was smart enough to figure out that it was Tyrion's call and not Dany's...
  24. So the whole point of Dany not hooking up with Ser Friendzone was to stay single and forge alliances with a marriage of convenience.  Too bad that Westeros just crowned Cersei as queen and she isn't interested in women and is only interested in dudes that are family members.
  25. The look on Tyrion's face when he returns to see Queen Cersei will be fucking priceless.... and VARYS KNOWS WHAT IS GOING THANKS TO HIS BUSINESS TRIP TO DORNE ON SO WHY HASN'T HE TOLD TYRION~?  That tubby fuck is up to no good...
  26. I've been waiting five years for that armada to roll out of Mereen and it was totally worth the wait.  An epic finish to a season that started off really slowly..
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, J.T. said:
  1. Not that Cersei was all that broken hearted about Tommen's death.  Burn him and scatter his ashes where Margaery died?  Petty much? That was your son and your only surviving child, you asshole. It is terrifying to think that as time goes by, Cersei will probably cherish Joffrey's memory more than she does Tommen's.

She wanted his body burned and scattered so people thought he died in the explosion and not by killing himself. 

• Like 1

She's queen now and the church explosion was a gigantic don't fuck with me message.  She can feed the public whatever lie she wants to and if anyone has any sort of self-preservation instinct, they'd realize they are better off believing the official Iron Throne version of the truth.

Only Jaime has the brass to question Cersei and even he is probably only concerned with how House Lannsiter will stay in power with no scions left to keep they dynasty going.

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Hello, Gendry.

Yes, even though the show specifically stated that no one on Westeros can actually reforge an existing blade, let alone forge a new one.

If there was even the steel around.

1 minute ago, Roman said:

White Waders.

Yeah, what's the deal with the Army of the Dead being afraid of water? It's not like they're going to drown or anything...

3 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Yes, even though the show specifically stated that no one on Westeros can actually reforge an existing blade, let alone forge a new one.

If there was even the steel around.

They've made it quite clear that the combination of magic/technology no longer exists. Pretty sure the forging involved cooperative dragons, and the only dragons that we know about don't seem too keen on blacksmithing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Yeah, what's the deal with the Army of the Dead being afraid of water? It's not like they're going to drown or anything...

Winter is coming and the White Walkers bring the storm with them, to paraphrase Jon.

Those fuckers are going to fucking pimp step on a spontaneously regenerating ice bridge across the ocean.

The air will be thick with the stench of tens of thousands of GoT viewers shitting themselves in fear.

If Jon is smart, he fucking burned Wun Wun's body on the biggest funeral pyre ever.

I'm pretty sure Jon's already lit that massive pile of bodies from the Battle on fire, and tossed every other body on it as well.

He knows what's coming, he's not fucking around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

Unless the Night King can raise the dead from piles of dog shit.

I do not need the thought of evil clones of Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo marching on Winterfell infiltrating my brainspace.

• Like 3