DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling: Destination X - 7/12/16

More amazing stuff from Broken Matt in all of his scenes. "Brother Nero, I knew you'd come" is my favorite new signature quote. Solid job putting DJ Z over strong tonight. Good continuation of the Drew/EC3 rivalry. Jeff being in the BFG Playoff is a bit odd considering his current situation with Matt. Awesome exciting main event with a nice surprise ending. Loved Davey's surprise return and the near fall off the Wolves' double team finish was good stuff. Already good setup to look forward to next week.

Tonight's results:

TNA Impact Wrestling - July 12, 2016 from Orlando, FL

*Opening scene with Matt Hardy in the dilapidated boat.

*DJ Z def. Andrew Everett, Trevor Lee (w/ Gregory Shane Helms), Rockstar Spud, Braxton Sutter, & Mandrews (5:59) in a ladder match to become #1 contender to the X Division Title. After the match, Jeremy Borash interviewed DJ Z at ringside until he was ambushed by Mike Bennett. Bennett reminded everyone that he said he would ruin Destination X and promised to burn TNA to the ground tonight.

*Dixie Carter announced next week will start the 8 man Bound for Glory Playoffs to determine the #1 contender for the world title at Bound for Glory.

*Lashley & Eddie Edwards face to face promo. Lashley warned Edwards against challenging him tonight. Edwards believed in his victory and talked about this being his life until Lashley attacked him. Lashley went for a steel chair until Davey Richards returned to make the save. The Wolves sent Lashley out of the ring and celebrated with both titles.

*Vignette of Matt Hardy screening The Final Deletion for guests in his home theater

*Bram def. Abyss (w/ Crazzy Steve) (4:08) with a rollup after Rosemary checked on Bram and Abyss collided with Steve.

*Sienna (w/ Allie) def. Gail Kim, Jade, & Marti Bell (5:14) to retain the knockouts title after the Silencer on Gail following a distraction from Allie

*Dinner at the Hardys scene

*Broken Matt Hardy came to the ring to call out Jeff Hardy for the public Completion of the Deletion. Matt told Jeff that his TNA contract would be terminated, then said he would not allow him to go to work in New York or Japan but he would keep him as his mule. Matt talked about owning all things Hardy and said that deletion would be a worse punishment than death as he sent Jeff away.

*Backstage, DJ Z confronted Mike Bennett and challenged him to a match. Bennett said if he had to go through him to ruin Destination X, he would.

*DJ Z def. Mike Bennett (w/ Maria Kanellis) (5:28) with a victory roll after Bennett tried to walk out on the match but the rest of the X Division forced him back in. After the match, Bennett got the mic and vowed that he was still going to ruin Destination X and burn the company to the ground but he was not going to do it alone.

*Drew Galloway came out and said TNA wouldn't sanction a match between he and EC3 so he called him out for a fight. They brawled around ringside and eventually to the back where they were separated by wrestlers and officials.

*Ethan Carter III, Drew Galloway, Eli Drake, Jeff Hardy, Mike Bennett, Matt Hardy, Bram, & James Storm are announced as the 8 men competing in the BFG Playoffs next week

*Lashley vs. Eddie Edwards (w/ Davey Richards) went to a no contest (15:49) after Mike Bennett interfered and knocked out the referee, then introduced the debuting Moose who took out Davey, Eddie, and Lashley. Moose stood tall with Bennett. After the match, Dixie announced backstage that the fans deserved a winner so next week there will be a rematch inside a Steel Cage when Impact moves to Thursdays.

MICK MAHAN~!

And there was a bump poor Marti took that so was not fun as Sienna totally wasn't suppose to crush her face with her whole body.

The Lashley/Edwards promo thing irritated me just because you would think guys who were supposedly wrestling in a hour would have been in their gear. It is totally nit picky but it still bugs me that no one thinks about those little attentions to detail.

Miracle invovled in anything is bothersome - much less doing the "big guy hates little guys" angle

I am praying they make DJ Z carry that giant fucking X through airports.

I caught about an hour. The Hardys stuff was campy fun - loved the crowd trying to get the baby's attention when Reby was carrying him to the ring. It started to drag a little, but not as much as the "street fight" dragged.

I'm just happy that (for now) Richards didn't stab Edwards in the back. They had that backstage deal where Richards swore they'd be brothers forever and best friends forever and I thought "here we go." Thankfully, they didn't.

That Lashley-Edwards main event looked kinda sloppy to me, but these guys don't get to work several nights a week, so it's forgivable. Loved the announcers saying one of Lashley's eyes was swollen shut while the camera had a shot of Lashley's face, which looked fine. Strange bringing Moose in as some kind of monster when Lashley seems to be bigger. Of course, he did crush the Wolves first.

But the big news was Allie. Hadn't seen her before. You figure if she could wrestle, the E would've sent her to NXT a while back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jstout said:

But the big news was Allie. Hadn't seen her before. You figure if she could wrestle, the E would've sent her to NXT a while back.

Allie = Cherry Bomb

She is married to Pepper Parks aka Braxton Sutter

They kinda went as a package deal to TNA

But it is folly to judge the ability of a women's wrestler on if the WWE signed them or not since I can create an entire division out of unsigned women's wrestlers while the WWE signed Eva Marie (and to a lesser extent Mandy Rose)

I liked the Moose debut but feel he would've been better brought in as a Face.  The crowd still wants to chant Moose with him.

The MacIntyre-EC3 brawl was mostly well-done, except with them both wearing nice-looking jeans and going shirtless it began to look like some kind of very specific fetish video that I'm sure exists but I'm not going to google to make sure.

I hated the X guys coming out to stop Bennett in unison including guys who have been screwing each other over, like Helms' guys and Sutter.  I never like it when anyone scripts guys who have been fighting/hate each other to stand shoulder-to-shoulder.

Wasn't as into the Hardy segments, they were missing some of the charm of the first two.  Felt like they were self-consciously going for "This will make people laugh" or "Someone will screencap this for sure!" moments rather than organic Hardy madness.  I also hate that they corrected the spelling on Vanguard.

DJZ looked pretty good.  Thought both his performances were pretty good.

Really enjoying Lashley as champ.  I kinda hope he carries the title for a while.  He could use a manager to help him cheat, cause distractions etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Allie = Cherry Bomb

She is married to Pepper Parks aka Braxton Sutter

They kinda went as a package deal to TNA

But it is folly to judge the ability of a women's wrestler on if the WWE signed them or not since I can create an entire division out of unsigned women's wrestlers while the WWE signed Eva Marie (and to a lesser extent Mandy Rose)

I thought WWE would basically sign anyone pretty who could work even just a bit. She meets the pretty criteria - a very different look. Kinda looks like a younger Jane Krakowski from 30 Rock, and that's by no means a bad thing.

I don't even wanna know about Braxton Sutter, though that's gotta be the best NXT name of someone currently not in NXT.

NXT or TNA needs a "French guy" named Jacques Maniaques.

I overall liked the show.  Caley makes some valid points about the Hardy segments, but it still was a fun watch.  Now what I can't figure out is how I saw Moose Friday in ROH and he looked fantastic yet in TNA he looked a lot less so.  He already looks like just another guy to me.  Say what you want about Bennett, but there's a noticeable difference between how they both looked in ROH compared to TNA.  

6 hours ago, NickMD said:

I overall liked the show.  Caley makes some valid points about the Hardy segments, but it still was a fun watch.  Now what I can't figure out is how I saw Moose Friday in ROH and he looked fantastic yet in TNA he looked a lot less so.  He already looks like just another guy to me.  Say what you want about Bennett, but there's a noticeable difference between how they both looked in ROH compared to TNA.  

It looked like Moose lost all muscle definition in the span of a couple weeks.  He should have kept his shirt on.

1 hour ago, caley said:

It looked like Moose lost all muscle definition in the span of a couple weeks.  He should have kept his shirt on.

Couple weeks? He was at the Baltimore house show only 4 days before that and looked ripped.

14 hours ago, caley said:

Wasn't as into the Hardy segments, they were missing some of the charm of the first two.  Felt like they were self-consciously going for "This will make people laugh" or "Someone will screencap this for sure!" moments rather than organic Hardy madness.  I also hate that they corrected the spelling on Vanguard.

There is nothing different about these Hardy segments. You think any of the visuals during the Final Deletion episode were organic? That him on the lawnmower wasn't done thinking about screencaps? Every one of these segments has been exactly what the other segments have been. They're organic because they're goofing off, but they've all been planned out. It's not like they just started filming and he pulled "extraordinary xylophone" out of his sleeve. 

If they keep giving this much time to the Hardys, people will be declaring "it was great a couple of weeks ago, but ..." in two weeks.

Everything that is seen as good in wrestling gets run into the ground sooner rather than later. Could be wrong with the tourney coming up, but they gotta play it smart. At least they got a record rating out of the deal.

On 7/13/2016 at 9:22 AM, jstout said:

Loving her character in TNA so far and can definitely go in the ring. WWE used her once in a spoof Shopzone commercial with Goldust back in 2010 as she had a tryout around that time.

On 7/13/2016 at 11:57 PM, EricR said:

There is nothing different about these Hardy segments. You think any of the visuals during the Final Deletion episode were organic? That him on the lawnmower wasn't done thinking about screencaps? Every one of these segments has been exactly what the other segments have been. They're organic because they're goofing off, but they've all been planned out. It's not like they just started filming and he pulled "extraordinary xylophone" out of his sleeve. 

I disagree.

Organic may be a poor choice of words, but I think it was all the product of the Hardys and maybe a writer or two, hoping it would go viral/be screencapped but never knowing if it actually would be.  There's enough bizarre inspired lunacy in The Final Deletion ("A dilapidated boat!") for it to be all calculated.  Whereas this week's segments felt more like the work of a committee ("We have to get the boat in there again, maybe give it a name!" "Let's put more wacky facts on the Vanguard 1 and make sure to spell it right this time.").  For me, it felt like the difference from watching the first 1-2 seasons of a comedy when it's the product of the creators and a writer or two that they really trust versus the 4th season or so when it's a team of writers brought in later trying to recapture the spirit of the earlier shows, which can never really be done.

I see it more as a late season 2 scenario where the magic is still there but they're testing out the waters for things to bring into season 3.  Still awesome, but ever-so-slightly different.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2016 at 11:56 PM, Ace said:

The heavyset ticket taker in Matt's theater looked really familiar, and I don't know why.

ETA: Ah, I saw in the other thread it was @Stuttsy. That's why he looked familiar. 

Who also got noticed for standing out by Mike Sempervive on WOR.