DVDVR Message Board

2016 NBA Playoffs: SEMIFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

The question is, how does DURANT feel? Does he think that he can win titles with the Thunder Roster? Or even money wise, would he make more money from a big city (through endorsements) then he would get from the Thunder.

(yes, I'm hoping he comes to Boston. Don't think it's likely, but Durant and Thomas would be choice, especially if they could get a third star)

OKC is just so sloppy with the ball, especially Durant/Westbrook.  They've been that way all year.  Just awful turnovers, and I don't think that's something that will be magically fixed next year.

They need someone who can handle the ball and be a playmaker for others when things fall apart, because Durant and Westbrook try too hard when things get tight.  Yeah, I know what you're thinking...James Harden used to be that for them. Heh. 

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No, they aren't coming back. We've seen this before. Warriors will hit a 3 when they need it.

Half point, they hit 3.. free throws ;)

Edit: Close enough, I'll give ya the full point :P

Edited by SirFozzie

Wherever Durant goes to, he can't be a #1 in a Big 3 or Big 2.  Just don't know if he can be the leader of a team like a Lebron or Curry.  

Now I get to enjoy a good month or 2 of delusional DC sports fans acting like KD is coming home.  :lol:

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

Anyway, Thunder will regret that fourth quarter Saturday night for a very long time.

Not even the fourth quarter so much as the last three minutes.

They can regret the third quarter of this one too because they just pretty much collapsed the last five minutes.  Waiters refusing to jump into the stands to get a loose ball kinda summed up how bad they wanted it.  I'll give Thunder credit for keeping it close, even if we all deep down knew they were done.

I'm not rooting for the Warriors, but I did notice a few media guys started questioning them for going after the record due to their performance this series.  The best thing that record does is ensure game sevens are on your court, and that's huge.  Yeah, they still would have gotten home court over OKC even if they stop chasing it, but Spurs were right behind them.  Maybe OKC will take the regular season more serious next year.  Maybe.

The Durant drama starts now, but I don't think it's going to be too crazy for him this offseason.  He's probably do the 2 year contract with the opt out option after one year in OKC. 

6 minutes ago, _MJ_ said:

I'm not rooting for the Warriors, but I did notice a few media guys started questioning them for going after the record due to their performance this series. 

A lot of media guys said about 2000 hours worth of stuff about the Warriors last week that they are all going to pretend they never said tomorrow.

• Like 2

I just feel like KD and Russ still don't quite have a great feel for when to turn it on and when to hold back. Last game, KD clearly was off yet he kept on firing. This game, KD was clearly on but he held back while Russ kept firing in the first half even though he was off.

Winning Game 6 in OKC is a damn impressive win by the Warriors.   That is the type of game where most people are already preparing for you to lose so you don't give a damn anymore about the media or the other team's players (See: Lebron's game 6 against Boston that one year he destroyed them).  Now, not going to say it breaks up teams, but it certainly won't help.

I'm almost just as fascinated about what they are going to do with Waiters.   Okay, not really, but at least interested.

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Oh fuck the Dubs. They are simultaneously the softest and the dirtiest loud mouthed cocky bastard motherfuckers. Cavs in 4.

I am glad to see that you posted.  This means you are healthy and we don't have to send the cops by your house for a wellness check.

• Like 1