DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2016 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Peck said:

Is Burt wheelchair-bound or just sitting?

Just sitting - though he is isn't in the best of health.

Has a lot of trouble getting around (hence the cane)

This is from a day or two ago

burt-reynolds-today-inline-160406_7b4d8f

• Like 1

It was nice of Burt and Flair to take a pic with a random homeless dude.

Also, that is Eric Bischoff on the right, isn't it?  I wonder how much you have to pay Fiair to get him to pose for pics with Eric?  I was under the impression Ric (still) hated him.

Scrolling down and all of the sudden there's Burt Reynolds was hilarious. Also, y'all are sleeping on the awesome Japanese Wanted Dead shirt. And whatever that is in the left corner... is that a heavily tattooed person doing a headstand or something?

Even Shinsuke is scared of Asuka.

EDIT: I think Flair and Bischoff squashed the beef after Flair finally punched him. Either that or Flair is using Foley as a blockade in case he loses his temper

I thought for sure that Vader was going to win the title from Michaels at SummerSlam' 96 and immediately job it to Ahmed, in a redo of the Sting-Vader-Simmons switches in WCW in 1992.

I was actually at the very first house show Ahmed no-showed due to his kidney injury - Sid replaced him and beat Goldust in less than a minute, then beat Davey Boy later in the show.  Sid also held up some 17-year-old Sid mark's "Sid Rules The World" sign for the crowd and fistbumped him, much to his everlasting delight.

His fist was literally twice the size of mine. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Well I'll be damned.

Ahmed was such an exciting presence when he first came on board and got that big shine at Survivor Series. Pity injuries fucked him up so badly as he'd have been champ in no time IMO

I thought so at the time too. Looking back on it though, he was probably too reckless and dangerous in ring to get to that level. Fun to watch, not to work with.

8 minutes ago, Skeeball Wizard said:

I thought so at the time too. Looking back on it though, he was probably too reckless and dangerous in ring to get to that level. Fun to watch, not to work with.

Agreed - in hindsight it would have absolutely been the wrong move.

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I thought for sure that Vader was going to win the title from Michaels at SummerSlam' 96 and immediately job it to Ahmed, in a redo of the Sting-Vader-Simmons switches in WCW in 1992.

I was actually at the very first house show Ahmed no-showed due to his kidney injury - Sid replaced him and beat Goldust in less than a minute, then beat Davey Boy later in the show.  Sid also held up some 17-year-old Sid mark's "Sid Rules The World" sign for the crowd and fistbumped him, much to his everlasting delight.

His fist was literally twice the size of mine. 

No Sid story is complete without a fist bump.

And again, in the scheme of what-ifs, how he wasn't kept face as Sid Justice in 92 and given the title is beyond me. Though he was out due to steroids within the year soooooo

41 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Vickie looks happy and in great shape, two things difficult once you leave the business.  Big kudos to her and glad she's still a fan.

Vickie got to leave the business on her terms which helps. Vickie might have gotten the best sendoff WWE's done in awhile. She got to humiliate the untouchable Stephanie McMahon without Steph doing anything to get revenge on Vickie (I mean Vickie was already fired at this point, but the last word was Vickie showing Steph in a mud pool, not Steph telling Vickie she was fired)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Vickie looks happy and in great shape, two things difficult once you leave the business.  Big kudos to her and glad she's still a fan.

she was there was because her son-in-law (Aiden English) was debuting.