DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R3A: KEVIN OWENS vs. SHINSUKE NAKAMURA

RIPPA

MM16: 3rd RDA - KEVIN OWENS vs. SHINSUKE NAKAMURA  

130 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

1997 Bret Hart cut better promos than Punk in any era. Not even a controversial thing to say.

Truth. Bret's promo work after the iron man matches ranged from still kind of awkward at times to all-time greatness. 

CM Punk's last year in WWE when he was mailing it in doing the poor man's John Cena gimmick was the shits and soured me on him.

I just tied it up. Voted Owens. I agree that his match formula began to wear thin but he's still the best heel going.  His backstage promos are a highlight of 2015. Nakamura has some great high end stuff but he hasn't been active enough to vote over Owens.

"Not active enough"? Cagematch says he wrestled like 130 matches in the period.

I just tied it up. Voted Owens. I agree that his match formula began to wear thin but he's still the best heel going.  His backstage promos are a highlight of 2015. Nakamura has some great high end stuff but he hasn't been active enough to vote over Owens.

"Not active enough"? Cagematch says he wrestled like 130 matches in the period.

He didn't do anything for the last two months though.

Pretty surprised to see Owens in the lead against last year's winner. I don't watch NJPW, so I can't comment specifically on Nakamura, but Owens... well, he certainly didn't have a BAD year, but I wouldn't have pegged him as a contender to win, and I assumed Nakamura was. Was Nak's 2015/16 noticeably worse than his 2014/15?

Daniel Bryan won 3 years in a row and lost in a year where he was noticeably better than in any of those 3. I wouldn't rack your brain trying to figure out the voting trends. Everyone here is an idiot.

He may have been better than his previous three years, but the guy who won was better than Bryan that year. It just happened that way.

• Like 1