DVDVR Message Board

FOOTY - Spring 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Ashley will do everything to get Newcastle back to the Premier League because his endgame is still selling Newcastle for profit then buying Rangers, unless something has radically changed that we're all missing. He makes a lot more money if he can guarantee that sweet, sweet Premier League TV money.

4 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Ashley will do everything to get Newcastle back to the Premier League because his endgame is still selling Newcastle for profit then buying Rangers, unless something has radically changed that we're all missing. He makes a lot more money if he can guarantee that sweet, sweet Premier League TV money.

Why anyone would flip a significant English side to buy SEVCO is beyond me. But then again Assley isn't that bright.

• Like 1

If I had to guess I think it would be a lower risk/reward threshold. I mean honestly how much do you realistically need to spend to finish top 2 in Scotland and wind up somewhere in European play. Of course there's much lower potential payoff too.

The entire fucking team should be marched out into the street after the game and the 200 or so fans who made the trip down should get to horsewhip them. It would be one thing if the scum were a halfway decent but they are absolute steaming dogshit this year and this effort is absolutely unacceptable.

Nail-biting in Spain as Barcelona or Real wins the title today. If Barcelona wins, they're the champions. If they draw or lose, then Real will be champions if they win.

I do have to say, however, that it's quite disturbing that the Granada goalkeeper (Barcelona's opponent) has suggested Real could give them a 'bonus' if they stop Barcelona... Funny, too, given that Granada barely escaped relegation.

The most important notes from the Bundesliga in short:

Stuttgart loses in Wolfsburg to get relegated directly. After escaping in last ditch efforts for three years in a row, they seemed really all set and secure before the last few matchdays this season. An incredible collapse means heartbreak. Many people close to the club say this is also a chance to get the club back on track.

Bremen beats Frankfurt in an ugly, but tense game thanks to a ugly, but spirited goal in the 88th minute. Bremen gets the last safe spot thanks to this win, Frankfurt has to play Nuremberg in the relegational playoff coming Thursday. Werder couldn´t have any shutouts until matchday 33, now they had two vital ones in a row.

15 hours ago, Roman said:

It's a bit strange that Stuttgart is relegated. Champion in 2007 and now... gone.

The strangest part about it is that it has been coming for 3-4 years. And they seemed to be all settled around matchday 25, hitting 31 points. 9 matches later, they finish the season on 33 points, scoring their last point in a draw in Darmstadt on matchday 28. This is just not good enough to stay up, especially considering their horrendous start this season where they managed only three points in the first seven games. Too many bad spells in one season to stay away from the worst trouble.