DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1: YUJI OKABAYASHI vs. AMERICAN ALPHA

MM16: 1st RD - YUJI OKABAYASHI vs. AMERICAN ALPHA  

84 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

• YUJI OKABAYASHI
    • AMERICAN ALPHA (Jason Jordan & Chad Gable)

YUJI OKABAYASHI

vs. Daisuke Sekimoto

AMERICAN ALPHA

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3pdn9j_american-alpha-vs-blake-and-murphy-w-alexa-bliss_sport

vs. Blake & Murphy

And... umm... sign up for a free month of the Network (linkable full matches of AA are hard to come by at the moment)

American Alpha are grat and have te chance to really make people care about tag wrestling IF WWE don't screw them up when they hit the main roster. That my friends, is a mighty BIG if.

My heart wants to vote for AA but my head tells me the Okayabashi has been like a top 10 guy for me since like 2013. In this argument the head wins.

James

I'll need to watch some of Yuji, but I'm finding myself to be leaning heavily towards the NXT people.  AA are no exception.  They really have that chemistry together where they're very much a team and best friends on top of that.  Gable is wonderful with using his amateur moves in the match and he has this incredible flow to him.  Plus while he's not super charismatic he still has enough to make you want to watch more.  Jordan has made for a great straight man in that he initially didn't want anything to do with the team or the phrase.  The evolution over time is organic and great in that he might not be totally sold on the phrase, but loves the team.  And his comeback is a joy as well, I can watch him suplex fools all day.  Oh, and bonus points for doing the hot tag with Cass, that was tons of fun.  The only thing I can see against them right now is the formula is too predictable, somebody mentioned in the NXT thread that changing it up would be good and I agree.  But aside from that damn I love watching them.

Okabayashi hit a morbidly obese man in the ample ass with a lariat. Gable and Jordan are really good. I'm going to watch more Okabayashi but right now I leaning towards him.

• Like 1

I voted AA. As good as I thought Okabayashi was, AA stepped it up another notch. The fan cam stuff of theirs, couple with the TV taping stuff, is about the best tag work in the country. And is anyone as good a hot tag as Jason Jordan? I almost don't feel like it's a fair fight because it's two great dudes forming one awesome Megazord fighting one really awesome opponent in Okabayashi.

HOOSIERS

What if you kind of find both overrated?

I'll probably vote AA because I think they have a ton of potential, and they've had matches I really liked.  But live I was shocked at how flat Gable was as an FIP that has soured me a little.  Plus Okabayashi had the good since to let Hama's obesity carry him to a good match.  This is actually harder than it looks

I must be one of the few who thinks that American Alpha vs. Corbin and Rhyno was the best tag team match in the whole company last year. I thought that it was legitimately great on two re-watches. I liked it even better than New Day vs. Kidd and Cesaro 2/3 falls, and the latter was a fucking fantastic match. 

HEY! I picked that Dustin Rhodes Classic match for the 1001

It's not my fault that apparently no one on Dailymotion wants to upload AA matches

(I also voted AA because I sort of thought they'd be losing by a chunk from the way the posts in this thread read. Whoops.)

Always assume the WWE wrestler is winning (unless named Dolph Ziggler)

Then be pleasantly surprised if that isn't true