DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

Interesting stat for the San Antonio Spurs. They have a winning record against every NBA team, overtaking Portland this past week. Only the Lakers and Blazers are close in head to head matchups. 

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/3/18/11261704/spurs-now-own-a-winning-record-against-every-team-in-the-nba

Z-Bo had himself a return tonight! Memphis has been bleeding lately with the injuries catching up to them. But they grit'n'grind like no other. Most underappreciated team in basketball.

Also: I loved they clowned the Clippers tonight. I'm really excited to see "Grizzlies 3, Clippers 2" in the playoffs in a few weeks.

I was excited about the Mavericks overachieving early in the season. Now... not so much. 

The Warriors are breaking all kinds of records. The Spurs are breaking records of their own. Both teams are having historic seasons. Dwight Howard is cheating in Houston. Boogie Cousins might legit kill George Karl before the end of the season. Portland is defying the odds with their hodgepodge group and might make the playoffs. There are just more interesting things to talk about in the NBA right now. 

• Like 1

The Mavs do their thing (which is pretty beautiful basketball anchored with an all-time great who has somehow become underappreciated), will scare someone really good in the playoffs, and eventually lose. And Cuban will make a play for a big FA who will leave him at the altar.

The team that should get the most chatter right now is Toronto. They could end up a the one seed. I know they have a lot of playoff wins to get before anyone takes them seriously but Lowry and DeRozan are all of a sudden the second best backcourt in basketball, with all due respect to the Blazers. They are really hitting their stride and have a lot of good other parts. T-Dot is also home to one of the craziest crowds in basketball. The Cavs might hit some turbulence at the Air Canada Centre. (See what I did there?)

I can also very much see "Kemba Walker goes for 44 and hits game-winning shot" coming up in our near playoff future.

Toronto is out in the 1st round if they play Chicago.  I'm saying this as a Bulls fan who otherwise has no faith in this team.  It would be extra funny if they overtook the Cavs only for the Bulls to stay at 8.

That's just the worst matchup for them, though.  The Bulls best 2 players play the same position as the Raptors best 2.  The problem is our 3rd best player is Pau Gasol and Toronto's 3rd best players is ?

They legit haven't beaten us since Pau signed.  In part because their defensive scheme is easily exploitable by mid-range bigs.  Just look at what the Pau and Bro Lo types have done to that team over the last few seasons.

I would bet large sums of money on a series win for my shitty, injury-prone Bulls in that situation.  

So there was a few day stretch before Lebron announced that he was leaving Miami where the internet sort of already knew.  Remember all that? There were the pics of moving trucks at Lebron's house, a rap song by one of his childhood friends, Lebron unfollowing people on twitter, etc etc. 

So that is sort of happening again right now, right?  He is subtweeting his teammates, being oddly chummy with the Heat organization, unfollowing the Cavs twitter account and declining to talk at shootarounds!  It's happening again!

Like how Anthony Davis has played through a torn labrum for three years. If he was this good playing with that injury, what's he going to be like when he's healthy?

The question is, and this is always the question (see: Curry's ankles) when he is ever going to be fully healthy for a season?

Edited by _MJ_

So there was a few day stretch before Lebron announced that he was leaving Miami where the internet sort of already knew.  Remember all that? There were the pics of moving trucks at Lebron's house, a rap song by one of his childhood friends, Lebron unfollowing people on twitter, etc etc. 

So that is sort of happening again right now, right?  He is subtweeting his teammates, being oddly chummy with the Heat organization, unfollowing the Cavs twitter account and declining to talk at shootarounds!  It's happening again!

Maybe they should fire the coach? :D

I 100% believe that one rumor about Kyrie wanting out.

I just want to give my Hornets some love for beating the Spurs. They're 16-4 in their last 20 games and Kemba has played like one of the best pgs in the East for awhile now.  It's nice for them to play some inspired ball lately.  You could throw teams 3-6 in the East in a bag and just pick where they will finish.  I'd love to have a home court series in Charlotte for a change.  It will also be nice not to be swept out of the playoffs by whatever team Lebron is on at least until the second round this year.

3. Hawks 41-29

4. Heat 40-29

5. Celtics 41-30

6. Hornets 40-30

• Like 1

What the hell is going on in CHARLOTTE with the Hornets?

He's never hit 70 games iirc. It's a legit concern.

It's why the DeMarcus Cousins Vs. Anthony Davis debate is more interesting than people give credit for right now.

I just want to give my Hornets some love for beating the Spurs.  Both teams were playing back-to-back games.  They're 16-4 in their last 20 games and Kemba has played like one of the best pgs in the East for awhile now.  It's nice for them to play some inspired ball lately.  You could throw teams 3-6 in the East in a bag and just pick where they will finish.  I'd love to have a home court series in Charlotte for a change.  It will also be nice not to be swept out of the playoffs by whatever team Lebron is on at least until the second round this year.

3. Hawks 41-29

4. Heat 40-29

5. Celtics 41-30

6. Hornets 40-30

Props to the Hornets for coming back after scoring only 7 points in the 1st quarter. The Spurs got the big lead early and didn't take them seriously until after it was too late. big letdown after the Warriors win and a reminder that the Spurs can't get complacent. 

Double Post.  FUCKING FUCK FUCK.

@ESPN_macmahon

Sources: Chandler Parsons has a torn meniscus in his right knee and will likely undergo season-ending arthroscopic surgery this week. An MRI on Monday revealed that the soreness in his lower right hamstring was being caused by the torn meniscus.
CdtpQ-jVIAAzE7e.jpg