DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] LUCHA/LUCHA UNDERGROUND NOMINATIONS

RIPPA

Yes - I know there is more overlap with US indy workers too but again LUCHA is right in the title

And I think I said this already - but for this tournament - air date is what matters. So a lot of LU Season 1 is eligible

Who will be able to stop from putting every single person I saw work for Cara Lucha on the list?

Time Period - March 1, 2015 - February 29, 2016

Heh, this will be a fun group. My LU nominees

Mil Muertes: THE Fenix match is JUST in the time frame, and might be the best match in said time frame. His match with Puma for the title was good. Plays his gimmick outstandingly well.

Fenix: Feels like he's been a revelation in LU. I remember hearing that he was kinda viewed as a really athletic high flyer but didn't usually put it together into great matches in Mexico (feel free to correct me Lucha fans), but he has just been outstanding in LU, and in other major US indys. Said Muertes matches are great, and he has had really good stuff with Cuerno. 

Pentagon Jr: Because fuck yes, he needs in.

Prince Puma/Ricochet: Feels like an auto, but should be in, so putting his name there.

Johnny Mundo: I'm a well known Morrison mark, and thought his heel work this summer was real good. 

Angelico: Has probably been the star of the trios division not just for his dives, also has some damn fun strikes.

Also cases to be made for Drago, Aerostar, Jack Evans, and King Cuerno, but I will let the more Lucha based fans make the case for those.

CMLL Necessities:

Dragon Lee - Feud of the year, good stuff with Virus, all sorts of trios. Some fun indy stuff. The Casas match.

Kamaitachi - Feud of the year, the Maximo match, all sorts of trios.

Sombra - the Swagger, the Atlantis match, the Rush match, lots else.

Rush - Everything Rush does is awesome. he didn't have as stand out a year because of slightly fewer opportunities but he's the best.

Maximo - Under the radar year but some good title matches and the Kamaitachi match, plus he's super over as a babyface and no one else is.

Negro Casas - eternally awesome. Every single week. 

Barbaro Cavernario - Title matches, fantasticamania, all sorts of stuff.

Virus - Again, losing the title and some other stuff with Dragon Lee, had less opportunities this year but made the best of all of them. Plus some fun indy stuff I think.

People I kind of want on there:

Policeman

Rey Apocalpsis, Toro Bill Jr, Kraneo and Metalico if we're having an entrance battle March Madness at some point.

Guerrero Maya, Jr. (disappointing Busca, awesome match vs GM, Sr.)

Blue Panther

The Panther

Atlantis 

I wish Rey Escorpion had more.

I don't think I'm missing any major, glaring names.

• Like 3

Angelico would be a waste of space in the tournament. He's not even a very good worker at this point but he's fun to watch. From the LU crew, Fenix, Mil, Pentagon, and Puma/Ricochet are the surefire bets in my mind. Ricochet and Pentagon will probably go the farthest.

Kamaitachi and Dragon Lee should do well too. I need to see Fantasticamania sharpish. And catch up on all that CMLL. March Madness is the best/worst.

Fenix and Ricochet will do the best so I want them in. Thunder will get to the finals

Also want Pentagon and Cuerno in. Youll see more in the next couple weeks to support this

Cavernario and Hechicero are my two favorite CMLL guys. Everything they did is fun as fuck

RUSH!!!!!

Negro Casas

Barbaro Cavernario

La Sombra

Mesias/Mil Muertes

Pentagon Jr.

That's my obvious lucha guys list. Maximo, Jack Evans, Fenix and Virus are pretty good choices too, from what lucha I have watched this past year.

I nominated Ricochet and John Morrison in the other thread but they stand here, too.

I'd like to add Pentagon Jr (because he's been the best thing in lucha this year), Fenix (because he is smooth and fun and flippy), el Hijo del Fantasma/King Cuerno (because of DAT TOPE if nothing else), Dragon Lee II Kamaitachi (for their series, and the matches with others that built around that series), Dinastia (for almost single-handedly saving mini-wrestling), Angelico Jack Evans (for arrogant flipping and incredible stunts), and Australian Suicide (as an outsider, because I really dig his shit).