DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Both RG3 and Kaep will get jobs but it will be tough for Griffin. I think he will have to take a backup job and maybe sit for a couple of years and revamp his game. Kaep to St Louis sounds right. They have some talent there, maybe get him a receiver or a couple veteren receivers to help him out and I think he could thrive.

I don't think so. Look at the qbs in the league. RG3 won't have a problem finding a job as a starter if he wants it.

That game would have gone a completely different direction had Shazier not taken Gio out with the clear helmet to helmet hit. That's the facts. The blood is on Pittsburgh's hands, they are why AB is hurt.

Burfict dove at Ben's knees in a clear deliberate attempt to injure in the first game between the teams this season. He got $70,000 worth of fines for fouls after the second game. Evidently he was fined $50k more after the Ravens game. He's a psychopath and trying to excuse his dirty play on anything but him being a thug is ridiculous.

The hit he's being suspended for is probably the least dirty of those plays.  For him to have been headhunting Antonio Brown would have to taken an extreme level of foresight.  The only reason Brown's head was in that position is because he was off balance from reaching for that pass.  Burfict, who is not going to get the benefit of the doubt, couldn't have been trying to do that.  He'd have to be clairvoyant to know Brown would be in that position.

ParchedBronzeAntipodesgreenparakeet.gif

Vontaze Burfict: Repeat offender for safety violations - 3 games

Tom Brady - football deflater with basically no evidence against him - 4 games

Burfict was also apparently spitting on players too.

• Like 1

Ray Rice knocking his fiance out in an elevator - 2 games

This is the exact reason we don't need the NFL trying to punish their players based on any sort of morality.  They don't have any. 

• Like 1

He also should have been ejected before any of this got so far. Where's the referee discipline?

Rams are basically out of St. Louis, and I eagerly await them to to be half selling out games in LA when they are still shit.

What I'm wondering is what the hell the Raiders are going to do if the NFL is set on pushing Chargers/Rams to L.A.

Rams are basically out of St. Louis, and I eagerly await them to to be half selling out games in LA when they are still shit.

What I'm wondering is what the hell the Raiders are going to do if the NFL is set on pushing Chargers/Rams to L.A.

They have a long history of shitty stadiums.  If they've already burned their bridges in LA and Oakland, why not just move to San Diego?  Their fans will travel pretty much anywhere in California, so why not?

I think I heard the remaining orders put money in a pool to have Oakland build a new stadium.  

If Mark Davis is truly set on moving, he may be nuclear in the bay and may have to sell. 

Have the NFL buy him out, consolidate the Rams/Raiders/Chargers into two slightly less shitty teams and put an expansion franchise in a city that actually cares about having a football team.

This whole process is just making me realize how much I despise every team we have here in California.

• Like 1

So is this the last great relocation in the NFL? I mean, after this teams (and the league, quite frankly) aren't going to be able to play the "Give us a stadium or we're going to move to Los Angeles" card. Where is anyone going to threaten to move to?

London? (Damn near logistically impossible at this point, I would think.)

Vegas? (Will never happen in a million years.)

Back to St. Louis? (After they've lost an NFL team not once, but twice.)

Seriously, there isn't a hell of a lot left out there.

The Vegas threat is always there, despite how fake it is.  Remember though, the NFL did sort of leak earlier this year that they were kicking the tires on expanding again.   Among the locales they mentioned: Portland, Austin, SLC, OKC/Tulsa, Brooklyn, Long Island, Virginia, San Antonio, and of course, London, & *Insert Mexican City Here*. 

Just because the great Los Angeles  hole is about to be filled doesn't mean idle threats can't be made.    

Just remember the words "Las Vegas Bills".

Another "also."

Apparently if the Raiders and Chargers are sharing a stadium, one of them will have to move to the NFC. . .presumably the NFC West, with the Rams (again, presumably) shifting to the AFC West.

Next year, the NFC West matches up with the NFC South and the AFC East, and the AFC West matches up with the AFC South and the NFC South.

Is Canada totally out? I see people mention the possible London threat and even Mexico but I don't see anybody mention Canada. Weren't Bills fans afraid they were going to move there after Wilson died? I'd think relocating a team to Canada would make much more sense than putting one in Mexico (do they even give a shit about football?) or London (nightmare travel logistics).

Besides, if the Rams move up north and become the Elk, they really wouldn't have to change their helmets.

The Vegas threat is always there, despite how fake it is.  Remember though, the NFL did sort of leak earlier this year that they were kicking the tires on expanding again.   Among the locales they mentioned: Portland, Austin, SLC, OKC/Tulsa, Brooklyn, Long Island, Virginia, San Antonio, and of course, London, & *Insert Mexican City Here*. 

Just because the great Los Angeles  hole is about to be filled doesn't mean idle threats can't be made.    

My luck they'll put a team in Northern Virginia like we need some reason for traffic to get worse. 

• Like 1

Any team that comes to Canada would need to build a new stadium, to either up capacity or make money off private suites. The federal government has put a stop to funding pro sports buildings (the only reason Investors Group Field in Winnipeg got any funding from the feds is because it was built on university campus, and the U of Manitoba Bisons play their football games there now), so you would have to convince a city or province to shell out the money for a stadium. I guess if Toronto ever makes a run at the summer Olympics, you could turn the Olympic Stadium into an NFL stadium after the games are completed.

Maybe they'll follow the NBA's lead and get rid of divisions and just have an AFC and NFC. Add an expansion team to each conference and you'd have every team in the conference able to play each other and then the Super Bowl becomes even bigger because it's the one time you get to see the AFC vs. NFC.

• Like 1

Hasn't Toronto been batted around as a possible location for a franchise too?

Moving the Chargers and Raiders both to L.A. would be stupid IMO unless you swap one of them over to the NFC and move the Rams to the AFC.