DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

If the Rams move, they will most likely move the Raiders or Chargers to St Louis since the city has passed it's bullshit new stadium thingy.

I'd rather there just not be football here. 8 games of football nobody here gives a shit about doesn't make us revenue.

My favorite thing about how little people give a shit about the Rams. We sold those team based wall calenders at work. We carried Cards, Blues, and Chiefs.

Clearly pip is on to something since the Fins and Niners have both asked for permission to interview Hue Jackson\

And I am totally not going to suggest that he is this year's token Rooney Rule candidate that everyone claims to be interested in

• Like 1

If the Rams move, do we get another expansion team? St. Louis is a pretty major market to leave without a football team.

The Colts move to St Louis, The Ravens to Indy, the Browns to Baltimore and Cleveland gets put out of it's fucking misery...

Not sure where that leaves Washington though...

In Cleveland

• Like 1

If the Rams move, they will most likely move the Raiders or Chargers to St Louis since the city has passed it's bullshit new stadium thingy.

I'd rather there just not be football here. 8 games of football nobody here gives a shit about doesn't make us revenue.

My favorite thing about how little people give a shit about the Rams. We sold those team based wall calenders at work. We carried Cards, Blues, and Chiefs.

St Louis Raiders is the saddest sounding thing I've ever heard. Except maybe Utah Raiders.

Some people are floating around Shad Khan would move the Jaguars to St. Louis since he once tried to buy the Rams and it's closer to Illinois where he went to college. Of course everyone tries to look for the Jaguars to move from Jacksonville

I don't see how the Colts situation is going to work.  By all accounts, Grigson undermines Pagano's authority with the team and the two barely speak to each other.

I may need to put in applications to offer my fan services to another team.

Yeah, I'm thrilled Pagano is back, but it comes with having a totally shitty GM at the helm. Think about it like this though, maybe it means that our pill popping owner decided to side with Chuck and Grigson is now on a short leash.

That said, as a fellow Colts fan, don't make my mistake with also being a Bears fan. 

What I want to know is how do the teams that inevitably miss out on LA try to save face with their fans? Or do they just resign themselves to being lame ducks?

Look at the Bills' close brush with moving to Toronto. No one is going to care. It's hard to care when the dumpster fire is still burning so brightly.

I mean, how many of the idiots at Bills tailgates even remember the Toronto shit?

What I want to know is how do the teams that inevitably miss out on LA try to save face with their fans? Or do they just resign themselves to being lame ducks?

Look at the Bills' close brush with moving to Toronto. No one is going to care. It's hard to care when the dumpster fire is still burning so brightly.

I mean, how many of the idiots at Bills tailgates even remember the Toronto shit?

It's kind of different though. I don't think anyone thought the Bills were legitimately going to move, plus they have a near obsessive fanbase and their tickets sell. If for instance the Rams don't move, that's a tough situation because as has been noted nobody gives a flying shit about them. Otoh the Raiders would be fine because Oakland loves them, just not enough to buy a billionaire a stadium he could and should be paying for himself.

• Like 1

It's kind of different though. I don't think anyone thought the Bills were legitimately going to move, plus they have a near obsessive fanbase and their tickets sell. If for instance the Rams don't move, that's a tough situation because as has been noted nobody gives a flying shit about them. Otoh the Raiders would be fine because Oakland loves them, just not enough to buy a billionaire a stadium he could and should be paying for himself.

I'm not sure if Mark Davis is a billionaire. He inherited the team. Not saying that the city should pay for the stadium, but he's not Blank, Kronke or Kahn.

St Louis Raiders is the saddest sounding thing I've ever heard. Except maybe Utah Raiders.

I don't know. The Utah Jazz have been around for years.

Worst team name in professional sports, sure. . .but it's there.

Here's the new Executive VP of the Cleveland Browns

heres-why-the-guy-who-jonah-hill-plays-i

Paul DePodesta ............. yes, that Paul DePodesta

So they're going to hire Lou Brown as their manager. . .er, coach next, right?

(move to Browns' draft War Room)

GM: Here's a list of players I'd like to consider with the second overall pick.

Scout: This guy here is dead.

GM: Cross him off, then!

• Like 2

Here's the new Executive VP of the Cleveland Browns

heres-why-the-guy-who-jonah-hill-plays-i

Paul DePodesta ............. yes, that Paul DePodesta

So they're going to hire Lou Brown as their manager. . .er, coach next, right?

(move to Browns' draft War Room)

GM: Here's a list of players I'd like to consider with the second overall pick.

Scout: This guy here is dead.

GM: Cross him off, then!

Someone better tell him that Miami already has a team. . . .

• Like 1

It is ridiculous that the NFL needs to have a committee to figure out what is and isnt a catch.

That being said - at least they are relying on people who actually fucking know how to do it

That committee is made up of Hall of Fame executive Bill Polian, former head coaches Ken Whisenhunt, Jim Schwartz and Joe Philbin, former NFL wide receiver James Thrash and former side judge Tom Finken and one of the plans was for the group to hold meetings with current and former players to get their thoughts on how to improve the rule. The first meeting on that front took place on Tuesday.

The group included one current player, Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson, and Hall of Famers Cris Carter, Steve Largent, Fred Biletnikoff and Tim Brown. Randy Moss, who will likely join the yellow-blazered crowd upon eligibility, and former tight end Chad Lewis were also part of the group.

Dez Bryant and Megatron have also both expressed interest in being involved with the discussion

I don't see how the Colts situation is going to work.  By all accounts, Grigson undermines Pagano's authority with the team and the two barely speak to each other.

I may need to put in applications to offer my fan services to another team.

Supposedly, Pagano said he wanted Grigson to be there with him when they reach that mountain top.

Did you see that Pagano dressing room speech?  I want to hire him to just around my house talking about how much he loves me.  Pagano seems like such an awesome dude, I might have to become a Colts fan.

A common theory I am seeing is that Pagano realized the only way to be able to stick around was to tie himself to Grigson

Not sure I believe that but it is out there