DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

In more fun Browns news - they promoted Sashi Brown - he was basically their head lawyer (executive counsel to be exact) to be executive director of football operations

The way the NFL Network was explaining it - the Browns plan on hiring a new coach and THEN a new GM

Because that always works out well.

In more fun Browns news - they promoted Sashi Brown - he was basically their head lawyer (executive counsel to be exact) to be executive director of football operations

The way the NFL Network was explaining it - the Browns plan on hiring a new coach and THEN a new GM

Because that always works out well.

See San Fran

Yeah, I meant Zimmer. Guess I had Pettine on the brain because I was reading about his firing just as I came here to post.

Anyway, going by my Bengals theory, I suppose that makes the best head coaching candidate out there.... Hue Jackson?

Well that is also saying Gruden is a good coach just because they made the playoffs.

Because he was shitty last year.

And also the Skins didn't beat a team with a .500 record this year.

So yeah... hire Hue Jackson Cleveland

Some words about this Colts and Bears season. First, the Colts.

Man, was this ever a disappointing season. I can't recall being this disappointed since 2001 when Edge tore his ACL. Part of the disappointment had to do with getting Frank the Crank and Andre Johnson, thinking that Luck finally had a good RB and maybe the best RB they had since when it looked like Addai would be a league leading RB. Instead, all those two signings did was serve as a distraction for Grigson's total lack of attention for the defense and O-line. It also didn't help that Luck was hurt way worse than anyone knew and that is what bugs me the most. How does the team not know Luck is that banged up? More importantly, how did he show up that banged up to start the season? Ugh. Meanwhile, Grigson still has a job as of this morning and Pagano is probably on the way out. I mean, have you fucking seen the coaches available? Best case scenario is Pagano stays or Harbaugh rejoins the Colts as a coach, rekindling the good memories from that one great season he had with the Colts... I'm not hopeful for 2016.

The Bears on the other hand felt like watching the 2014 Cubs. A lost season, but a hopeful one with the potential for a real exciting 2016. So few talk about how good Cutler was this year in John Fox's system, and that was without a good weapon at WR or a good TE since Bennett took a huge step back. That is an offense in 2016 that will have a decent QB throwing to a healthy Jeffrey, a healthy White, and either Forte or Langford. If they can take care of their needs on defense, that's going to be a tough team next season and I never thought I would even say that considering that 2015 looked like it would be a real dumpster fire.

AFAIK, they never tried.

They had, iirc, the most cap room in the NFL last off-season, they could have put an offer out there.

The Colts weren't even remotely close to having the most cap space last offseason

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

EDIT - Make sure you click on 2015 since the link defaulted back to 2016