DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2015: WEEK 14 (Championship Week)

RIPPA

It's a mild upset, but it's not chaos. UNC beating Clemson is the best way to get controversy, as either Ohio State or UNC will be left out.

Florida over Bama strangely isn't likely to produce much controversy either, unless Stanford just crushes in the PAC-12 title game and leap Ohio.

It's a mild upset, but it's not chaos. UNC beating Clemson is the best way to get controversy, as either Ohio State or UNC will be left out.

Florida over Bama strangely isn't likely to produce much controversy either, unless Stanford just crushes in the PAC-12 title game and leap Ohio.

Eh, Stanford at 2 losses automatically rules them out, which I kind of hate. I really feel that David Shaw is one of the best coaches in the country.

I'm also hoping for any scenario where Ohio State and/or Alabama can't make it to the title game.

I actually wouldn't mind Michigan State, Iowa or Stanford making it to the National Championship. Stanford in particular. 

• Like 1

The title will be won by either Alabama or Oklahoma. Those are clearly the two best teams. Everybody else will just be there.

If they play in the semifinals, just go ahead and put your life savings on the winner in the championship game.

I'm also hoping for any scenario where Ohio State and/or Alabama can't make it to the title game.

I actually wouldn't mind Michigan State, Iowa or Stanford making it to the National Championship. Stanford in particular.

I don't particularly care if Alabama makes the playoff or not but I don't want Ohio in there. And not just because they're Ohio. I don't want them rewarded for not making the conference championship game. You finish 3rd in your conference, you don't get bumped up just for sitting at home in Tabe's world.

I don't particularly care if Alabama makes the playoff or not but I don't want Ohio in there. And not just because they're Ohio. I don't want them rewarded for not making the conference championship game. You finish 3rd in your conference, you don't get bumped up just for sitting at home in Tabe's world.

Not making the conference championship should be an automatic no. There should also be no one in the final four who isn't a conference champion.  Wild cards work in pro sports because of the relatively few number of teams but there are way too teams and way too many conference in CFB for there to be a non-conference champion as the national champion.

Being a conference champion shouldn't be a pre-requisite for the playoff. Notre Dame goes 12-0 or 11-1 with 2 to 3 of those wins being against top 25 opponents, they should be in the conversation. Actually, fuck a conversation if they go 12-0. 

Being a conference champion shouldn't be a pre-requisite for the playoff. Notre Dame goes 12-0 or 11-1 with 2 to 3 of those wins being against top 25 opponents, they should be in the conversation. Actually, fuck a conversation if they go 12-0.

I'd make an exception for an independent but if you play in a conference and don't win it, you don't make the playoff in my world.

I also would give an automatic berth to anybody who's undefeated, regardless of conference. Don't care if you're from the WAC, the Sun Belt, or whatever. You go 13-0, you're in.

Yeah, there's clearly an exception for Notre Dame built into my idea.

I would be VERY impressed with a 13-0 WAC team (the WAC doesn't play football anymore). :)

If a Mountain West or AAC team went 13-0, I think they would make the tournament. C-USA team, they would need a big scalp on the resume. Sun Belt and MAC would need a couple of non-conference wins over major conference teams before they get any consideration for a spot.

Well, that's just silliness, man.

Way I look at it is this: if you're competing in a sport (in this case, FBS Football), and you win every one of your games, you should be able to compete for your sport's championship.

Yes, I realize I'm in a very, very small minority on that point :)

• Like 1

Memphis was probably the closest to making some noise. They were up to around 13 in the polls and they crushed Ole Miss and they have a stud QB who everyone knows.  If they would have finished undefeated I could have seen them getting the 4th spot but only in a scenario where there was some chaos. I don't think they would have hurdled Ohio St.

I still want a sixteen team tournament where every conference champion and six at large teams are in. But that's not happening any time soon.

Stop ripping off my 64 team idea, but make it a best of three too, so it extends into like April.

CVFdWELW4AAjwOt.jpg

Navy's helmets for the Army game are FIRE.

Sucks that tickets are $100 a pop on SH because I'd love to go to that. Paying that to see my poor Army get stomped yet again... no.