DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

The legendary status is a joke.  It's all just political bullshit.  The other mutants were just as good at blowing themselves up as that guy, he just kissed the right asses to get where he was.

I think every single I did over the weekend opened up a new settlement.  Must've got at least half a dozen new ones.  I'm gonna send everybody I don't like to the construction site way down south that opened up after I killed that damn mirelurk queen.  It's a tiny place with nothing going for it, right in the middle of a radioactive swamp.  Go ahead and annoy me settlers, I've got the place for you.

• Like 2

Once you realized your mistake, did you switch to yelling YES! every time you shot a mini-nuke?

I didn't have enough time. Three nukes made short work of that thing.

I am really jealous of you guys talking about building up your settlements. I decided that I wanted to move my stuff to the castle, so I started googling how to set up supply lines. I can't figure it out to save my ass. The option isn't available, no matter who I walk up to. I only learned about it when I had to assign someone to the artillery thing in the castle. I was hoping to do a direct line from the castle to Sanctuary - maybe that's too far away and that's why I can't? Either way, I think I'm going to take a break from the story and just build things for a few days. Other than having to do something for a mission, I still haven't built shit.

Something weird is going on with my game. I've tried to get Piper to travel with me again two different times. Both times, she said yes, then glitched out and fell down like she's been shot, and I don't have an option to do anything with her. I fast traveled out of Sanctuary and back hoping it would fix itself, but I couldn't find her anywhere. So I can't find the one person I'm looking for, but damn if Strong isn't always somewhere nearby, bitching about wanting milk and saying something about how his old human leader was weak. I wasn't paying much attention, but I'm pretty sure he was calling me a pussy. I may have to pull a Robert and send him to a swampy hell hole if he doesn't shut up.

• Like 1

Check Piper's place in Diamond City

If she isn't in the last place you left her - companions tend to go back to where you first met them

In regards to the Supply Lines

Being in Workshop and select a settler - instead of the button for "assign" there should be a button "supply line" (X on the XBOX if I remember right).

Then it pulls up the list of all the workshops you have established. If you are doing it from Sanctuary - I would recommend sending them somewhere close (like the Abernathy Farm or Red Rocket) and then build out from there.

I FINALLY connected Abernathy Farm to my supply line yesterday - I think the only place I don't have linked that I found so far is Red Rocket.

And how the fuck are you supposed to improve the Airport - there is no fucking water or dirt?

• Like 1

Something weird is going on with my game. I've tried to get Piper to travel with me again two different times. Both times, she said yes, then glitched out and fell down like she's been shot, and I don't have an option to do anything with her. I fast traveled out of Sanctuary and back hoping it would fix itself, but I couldn't find her anywhere. So I can't find the one person I'm looking for, but damn if Strong isn't always somewhere nearby, bitching about wanting milk and saying something about how his old human leader was weak. I wasn't paying much attention, but I'm pretty sure he was calling me a pussy. I may have to pull a Robert and send him to a swampy hell hole if he doesn't shut up.

I had something similar happen with a follower. Can't remember if it was Cait or PIper.  Unfortunately, I don't know what fixed it.  It just kind of resolved itself.

Having followers that you're in a romance with occasionally makes for funny stuff.  Was fighting it out with a bunch of mutants inside some building last night with Piper, when I found a bed in a room we'd cleared out.  Took a quick nap to regain health, which resulted in PIper lying there asking if we really have to get up.  I dunno PIper, do you feel like being wakened the hard way by a dozen hungry mutants?

• Like 1

Is there a way to not be in any faction at all? I generally hate all these assholes.  I pretty much have one simple rule in games like these and it's don't get smart with me.  If I see you out in the wasteland and you're cool and not bothering me, I won't bother you.  I'll even be a nice guy and not act like a dick in dialogue options but generally speaking, if you mouth off at me for no reason, that's your end.  Finally had enough of the BOS last night.  Went and did a couple things for them and report back to the police station and this guy I had to report to out of nowhere says "I better not catch you snooping around where you're not supposed to." So I own the police station now.  I was in full power armor and have Overseer's Guardian, Righteous Authority, and Deliverer.  Short work of those assholes. 

• Like 2

Curie definitely goes to settlements in my game. You might be bugged. Brysynner. 

I didn't understand the "I slept with Wonder Woman" remark until I was playing and talking about how much I loved Magnolia's singing and my wife looked up who did the songs. 

This is a weird game because I definitely don't like it nearly as much as 3 or especially New Vegas precisely because of what glfpunk is talking about. In New Vegas, you had options about how who to align with politically (if you wanted to at all). I know that 4 has the same idea at the end, but right now, you're just Wasteland Jesus setting everything right for every faction

before you have to pick one

instead of trying to navigate a political landscape where helping one group might sour you with others, so you have to really think about what you're going to do before you do it. 

I've decided to burn a play session or two working on my settlements. I've set up emporiums in a few settlements and am making a tidy profit on my investments, so I'm just going to buy raw materials straight up from all the vendors that I like in order to make sure that every settlement has a recruitment beacon, a couple of turrets, and a few beds. The skyscrapers at the Starlight Drive-In , Sanctuary, and The Castle will have to come later, when I have the patience not to be frustrated by how finicky the placement of floors and walls can be in this game. 

Sorry for the double post, but while I hoped for a Fallout 3 character to show up, I was really hoping for Moira or Fawkes.

Macready was a huge letdown, especially considering how goofy that whole Little Lamplight thing was

I finally romanced Piper. She couldn’t resist the militia hat and postman outfit I wore to up my charisma enough to pass some speech checks.

Lucky you, My nerd character is still out of luck. He's raised his Charisma all the way to 3, Piper, give the guy a chance!

• Like 1

Question for those that have been to Vault 81

is contracting the disease that big of a deal? Oh No! -10 HP. I mean I will just take another rank of Life Giver or something.

Or am I misreading the affliction?

And this is assuming I actually get it and don't use an exploit to keep two cures

Nah, it's not. I've had it happen to me both times in my playthroughs, and it hasn't affected me at all. Just do some side quests or something to gain an extra couple of levels and it'll balance out. That's what I did.

Unrelated note, fuck you to the developers for making such a huge build area on Spectacle Island with no way to safely get settlers there. 

is contracting the disease that big of a deal? Oh No! -10 HP. I mean I will just take another rank of Life Giver or something.

And this is assuming I actually get it and don't use an exploit to keep two cures

I didn't do any quests there.  I just ran in and ran straight to the commissary and got the Overseer's Guardian. 

Found a new settlement glitch. Somehow Starlight Drive-in went from 20 settlers to 35 when I fast traveled from Sanctuary. I thought that maybe I got more b/c I had on a few pieces of clothing that upped my charisma so I freaked out and scavenged a bunch of cloth to make mattresses. Fast traveled to Starlight and everything went back to normal. I really hope they fix the settlement bugs soon.

Is 81 the one with the very nice looking group of people in the very well maintained vault?

The one where you had to get the three cores?

That's why I asked because I was sitting there being all like "Umm - I don't think I will even notice"

I also find it interesting that having a companion can bone you over during that mission

God damn Abernathy Farm. I swear every other minutemen quest is them having problems with ghouls or raiders.

"You're with the minutemen, right?"

Yes, Blake Abernathy, just like I was the first seven fucking times you asked me that.

• Like 4