DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

While admitting they are arbitrary and points chosen only because they are the numbers Butler had, his 53/10/6 stat line hasn't been seen in a decade, and since the 1985-86 season, Jordan has hit that or better 4 times and Kobe once. That's it.

And that's eleven days after breaking Jordan's team record for points in a half.

Yeah, Butler is playing out of his mind and he's the Bulls hope to be a serious contender.

Cavs played a good first quarter, but from I've heard, they fell apart in the second half versus the Spurs.  I'll try to catch the full game sometime.  I also heard Kevin Love's defense and Kyrie's offense weren't good.  Only one of those things is likely to improve.

The Spurs' 32 game home winning streak is something else.  Home crowd is getting their money worth even when the Spurs sit players.

• Like 1

Obviously I am upset about the result, but two things:

- That was a fun watch for January basketball.

- When Leonard had that monster put back dunk, that camera cut to Patty Mills on the bench doing the Baron Von Raschke claw hold taunt. I couldn't be upset after seeing that.

That is his signature taunt. The bench has been doing the KLAW for awhile now! 

While admitting they are arbitrary and points chosen only because they are the numbers Butler had, his 53/10/6 stat line hasn't been seen in a decade, and since the 1985-86 season, Jordan has hit that or better 4 times and Kobe once. That's it.

And that's eleven days after breaking Jordan's team record for points in a half.

Yeah, Butler is playing out of his mind and he's the Bulls hope to be a serious contender.

I don't want to rain on the guy's parade or anything because he's been fantastic but he put up those numbers last night against probably the worst team in NBA history. Of course the numbers he's put up against actual NBA teams haven't been too shabby.

Cavs played a good first quarter, but from I've heard, they fell apart in the second half versus the Spurs.  I'll try to catch the full game sometime.  I also heard Kevin Love's defense and Kyrie's offense weren't good.  Only one of those things is likely to improve.

The Spurs' 32 game home winning streak is something else.  Home crowd is getting their money worth even when the Spurs sit players.

I think late in the game, the Cavs steadfastly refused to double in the post and put Love one on one against Aldridge and Duncan repeatedly. It was a tough situation. Really, the game came down to the Cavs going scoreless for 6 minutes in the fourth quarter, which is partially on the Spurs defense and partially on variance. Look, even if they had made one basket and gone o the line once, it's a one possession game for the last minute as opposed to a big lead they have to chip away at. 

I don't want to rain on the guy's parade or anything because he's been fantastic but he put up those numbers last night against probably the worst team in NBA history. Of course the numbers he's put up against actual NBA teams haven't been too shabby.

It also took every single one of those points to squeak past the Sixers.  The Bulls looked completely lost without Rose and Pau.  All 3 of our small forwards are good for pretty much 2 out of every 10 games.  Last night was Doug's turn to be good and Mirotic and Snell were awful.  I'm sure the situation is giving Hoiberg a headache.  

Dunleavy needs to make a miraculous recovery and quick.

Butt ugly game in Chicago tonight, but as a great man once said, if you're gonna win, make it a win.  Butler looked exhausted out there after last night, and I think that's the only reason we won.  Also, D-Will turning back the clock this year has been wonderful.

I watched all of the Cavs/Rockets game yesterday because I hate myself. The Rockets were a boring watch when they were winning 60 games. Now they should be ashamed of themselves. You have a team on the last game of a 6 game road trip, on the second part of a back to back after a close loss to the Spurs, and you lay that big an egg? If I was a Rockets fan I'd throw in the towel on this season I think. Blow it all up. 

Your January 16th, 2015 NBA quote of the day:

Matt Barnes on Derek Fisher: "Every man who looks at the situation knows what's right and wrong. Violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is."

Quote from Ian Begley ESPN Staff Writer

• Like 1

I watched all of the Cavs/Rockets game yesterday because I hate myself. The Rockets were a boring watch when they were winning 60 games. Now they should be ashamed of themselves. You have a team on the last game of a 6 game road trip, on the second part of a back to back after a close loss to the Spurs, and you lay that big an egg? If I was a Rockets fan I'd throw in the towel on this season I think. Blow it all up.

Just an absurdly pathetic performance. Couldn't have happened to a lovelier team. You say blow it up but the only guy you'd get value for right now is Harden.

Matt Barnes on Derek Fisher: "Every man who looks at the situation knows what's right and wrong. Violence is never the answer, but sometimes it is."

I wonder if there's anyone out there that still thinks Derek Fisher isn't sketchy?

I wonder if there's anyone out there that still thinks Derek Fisher isn't sketchy?

Barnes beat up his wife which is why she left him. He is by no means the good guy/folk hero some people are trying to make him out to be.