DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Hey remember that shit talk up there about Draymond Green, look at his first quarter numbers tonight 18, 4 and 4 one block one steal, in one quarter

Hey! Saying I was holding off on declaring Draymond top 10 isn't exactly shit talk!

I did say Klay was super overrated and I'll stand by that one. He is also sort of lame and I don't like his face.

Hey remember that shit talk up there about Draymond Green, look at his first quarter numbers tonight 18, 4 and 4 one block one steal, in one quarter

Hey! Saying I was holding off on declaring Draymond top 10 isn't exactly shit talk!

I did say Klay was super overrated and I'll stand by that one. He is also sort of lame and I don't like his face.

Dude looks like an Easter Island statue.

• Like 1

This pretty much sums up Draymond Green's season:  http://gfycat.com/HardtofindConcreteAlligatorsnappingturtle  This is the year of the trip dub.  Draymond with 3 in a row!  

Rondo missed a really wild one last night by one rebound (13, 19, 9) in the win against OKC. Boogie dropped 33/19 by the way.  The Kings are so much fun to watch AND the Bulls will get their pick if they win enough games this season.  I'm a fan of their particular brand of crazy. 

The Kings are beyond entertaining. I mean, they're awful for very long stretches of time and then Boogie will have an ALL CAPS game and Rondo will do things to remind everyone that he's one of the most singularly talented players in memory. I mean, his duel against Rose in that epic playoff series with the Bulls a few years back was sick. Even their awful stretches are entertaining because there's a significant chance Boogie will throw a towel in George Karl's face and/or punch a referee. Their West Coast Obscure Market status just makes them even cooler since you really have to seek them out if you live anywhere east of the Mississippi.

The Sixers have looked like an actual and functioning NBA team since the Ish signing (and D'Antoni hire). They're running some really early pick'n'rolls, which is nice to see. Ish is going to come crashing down to earth and regress to his actual level of play (slightly above 10-day) at some point in time. He was making mid-range shots last night and he absolutely has no history of making those shots consistently.

I think, more than anything, the Sixers somewhat credible run has been because Noel and Okafor have been separated for most of the game. Zach Lowe had in his tidbits today that  "The Noel/Okafor duo is on pace to be the worst rotation pairing, by scoring margin, in recorded league history." That's obviously not a good thing.

Okafor looked nice leading the second unit in the third quarter last night. He was a total curveball as an isolation post player and looked like he wanted to man up on defense and the boards. He did some damage in the third.

But they're going to eventually have to find a way to paid Nerlens/Oak for more than 8 minutes a game or one of them is going to go. There is still plenty of time. They've only played 20 games together, and that has been disjointed because of injuries and nightclub incidents and any semblance of actual point guard play. But "worst in recorded league history" is never a good thing.

Also: Richaun Holmes is really interesting. Dude is insanely good scoring off of cuts and putbacks. He's shooting almost 80% in those departments. Obviously this is going to regress (the league leader in cuts, last I saw, was Brook Lopez who was in the mid-50s) but he could be a good garbage man second-round find. This would mark the first actual Hinkie hidden gem, since Covington has crashed down to earth and Jerami Grant can't make a basket unless its within four inches from the rim. TRUST THE PROCESS!

Who do you guys have penciled in for 6th man of the year up to this point? I haven't seen every team play but there are a few shoutouts that have caught my attention so far...

Enes Kanter... he is averaging 11 pts and 7.7 boards off the bench for OKC. 

Marco Bellinelli... the ex-Spur is super streaky but it feels like every other game he is lighting it up for the Kings Circus. 

Mario Chalmers... He is actually having a renaissance year in Memphis. I know he had some play earlier when he hit some big buckets. 

Manu Ginobili or Boris Diaw... I have watched every Spurs game this year and these guys are killing 2nd units for opposing teams. Manu is still averaging 10 points but he is on super limited minutes. Boris has been amazing even when the box score doesn't say he is amazing. He does exactly what the team needs him to do at the exact time it needs to be done. Sometimes he scores 18 points a game. Sometimes he scores 2 points but throws out 8 assists. 

If I ignored your team or forgot a super obvious pick. Forgive me. 

Will Barton made a strong claim last month. Played at a near all star level. 20.8 pts/6.8 rbs /3.1. asts. If he can sustain it I would be ok voting for him. Even on the weaker team. I would vote for Iguodala at the moment though. Shooting efficiency is up, having the highest eFG% in career this year. You see his name in a lot of the Warriors better lineups as far as net rating goes. 

• Like 1

So, according to the local Pistons broadcast, the Detroit starting lineup averages the second most points per game in the NBA.

And the bench averages the fewest.

Christ almighty I hope Brandon Jennings gets going big time down the stretch.