DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Even if they can find a team to give up picks for him, still gotta match that $24M.

Really, the thing that makes the most sense is for the Nets to buy him out before the deadline and let him sign with a contender.  But they have no incentive to do that.

Nets really only have 1 choice. Let things play out this season and try and rebuild using cap space in the off-season. They will have money to spend. This season is a loss. If they were worried about giving Boston too good of a pick they shouldn't have agreed to buyout Williams.  

• Like 1

Out of the big 3, it is...but don't let them football bros hear ya say it. :mellow:

DeAndre Jordan shooting below 35 percent from the free throw line, and just got maxed out.

I blame my parents for not having the 6'10 gene. :(

There were times in the first half where both teams were pushing it and it resembled a mid '80s basketball game. One or two quick passes then a jump shot. Then there was that stretch where Harrison Barnes went off to get them back into it. He gets overshadowed by Steph, Klay, and Draymond but he's such a complete basketball player.

I've been reading up on this Gerald Green thing.  Doesn't sound good at all.  He was acting erratically, had to be restrained and is now hospitalized with an unknown illness? The Miami reporters who would know are being really hush hush about it  

Considering the geographic location and the info we do know, people are speculating that it could be a flakka related freak out.  Which... let's hope it's something else.

See what I mean? This shit is concerning.

@robcarruth we've reported all we are comfortable reporting at this time. Tricky situation

@iawright5743 waiting on team. Yes. I have more info but this is sensitive stuff

Glad to see the Rockets win, but Harden still shooting like crap. Looks like the refs were trained to not call fouls when he's driving, which is insane. Yeah, he goes to the line a lot, but that's because people foul him. He gets hit every time because people can't defend him without hitting him. So, um, call a foul?

As for Golden State, Stephen gets so many open looks because of the constant moving screens they get away with. Of course, he doesn't need to be open. His pact with Satan and all. Also, fuck Draymond.

Funny NBA Jam video

That game was on national TV in Canada and I was lucky enough to catch most of it. Kobe Bryant is fucking horrible. He's always been my least favourite basketball player of all time, represented the negative, egotistical side/heroball bullshit to the max, but that shitshow was embarrassing for the Lakers and awesome TV for me. He was SO off on SO many shots. At least when World B Free was jacking up shots, he was entertaining and looked hilarious and you probably didn't see scores of teenagers trying to copy his style.

I've been reading up on this Gerald Green thing.  Doesn't sound good at all.  He was acting erratically, had to be restrained and is now hospitalized with an unknown illness? The Miami reporters who would know are being really hush hush about it  

Considering the geographic location and the info we do know, people are speculating that it could be a flakka related freak out.  Which... let's hope it's something else.

See what I mean? This shit is concerning.

@robcarruth we've reported all we are comfortable reporting at this time. Tricky situation

@iawright5743 waiting on team. Yes. I have more info but this is sensitive stuff

MBlS7Wr.gif

• Like 1

Kristaps Porzingis is going to be so awesome. The putback dunks over Love and Aldridge like they weren't even there were off the charts. He barely needs to jump with his length.

I was talking to a friend about him, and I'm all the way in on the Porzingis experience.  If he turns out to be good, he'll be the most unique player we've ever seen.  Nobody at that size has ever had the potential to be what he is athletically.  If he puts it all together, there isn't a person alive who will be able to guard him.  Add in the fact that he might be an insane person just adds whip cream, peanuts, and a cherry on top.  I hope every possible good thing to happen to him.  I'm someone who wants every athlete to reach their full potential, his full potential is unprecidented.