DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Raps and Mavs in the middle of a nice little back and forth game.

Enjoying it.  Surprised it's this close with Derozan having a p bad game.  Dwight Powell is seriously salvaging the Rondo trade for me, and hearing that Holger is working with him makes me even happier.

Raptors are a much better defensive team than I realized. Good D down the stretch along with some shaky officiating throughout the game got them that win.  Did a great job of playing passing lanes in the 2nd half.  I'm still optimistic about the Mav's season though.  Dirk is having a great start to the season, and D-Will and Wes are playing well.

• Like 1

They went from a pretty decent offensive team to a defensive focused one with the moves they made in the summer. Back to Casey's strength. 

Once they got DeMar going by having him attack the smaller Felton inside, it was game over.

OK... help me out Bulls fans. Why the hell is Charlotte up 53-29 on Chicago in the 2nd quarter? 

Awful defense + new up tempo offense = some really bad nights.  

Low effort as well.  Pau looks really worn down from carrying the Spanish team on his back all summer.  Dude just isn't moving his feet on defense and his rebounding #s are pretty much cut in half from the first month last year.  No effort from Pau + Mirotic's generally shitty defense is a recipe for disaster.  

I would love for Hoiberg to try out Noah/Mirotic with Pau and Taj off the bench.  Those pairings would balance out the offense and defense.  I think we might get there sooner than later if they keep giving up 130.

Brooklyn doesn't have their first round pick until 2019, so they have no incentive to tear it down.  They could maybe turn Lopez into picks, but they better hurry on that before he gets hurt again.

Except for Curry's 2 fouls this GSW/LAC game is everything I had hoped.

You didn't even need hindsight to know that trade was bad.  Some NBA people still had a boner for KG and Pierce, but even if they both had one good year left in them, the trade still wouldn't have been worth it.  Championship or bust trade.

I was thinking more on the lines of trading Joe Johnson before he inevitably gets injury this season and loses value.  I think this is his final year of his contract too so that helps.

Moving Lopez could get them a 1st round pick too, but I think they want to keep him around.  At least for this year.  He just signed a new deal, and he apparently likes NY.

I've been reading up on this Gerald Green thing.  Doesn't sound good at all.  He was acting erratically, had to be restrained and is now hospitalized with an unknown illness?  The Miami reporters who would know are being really hush hush about it  

Considering the geographic location and the info we do know, people are speculating that it could be a flakka related freak out.  Which... let's hope it's something else.