DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: Week 7

Pete

Big Game Bob is definitely in need of a change of scenery. He wins enough to not get fired, but dropping that game to Texas on Saturday is pretty much unforgiveable. Should a place like Tennessee, Southern Cal or South Carolina come calling, it would be good for him to play the "new challenge needed" card and leave on a good note.

So a lot going on..

Sark was fired at USC and he's entering rehab.

I will laugh and laugh if he files a discrimination claim, because under the ADA, you cannot fire someone who's in rehab seeking treatment for alcoholism.
Sark's not in rehab.

So a lot going on..

I will laugh and laugh if he files a discrimination claim, because under the ADA, you cannot fire someone who's in rehab seeking treatment for alcoholism.
Sark's not in rehab.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/12/report-steve-sarkisian-checks-into-rehab/ 

So a lot going on..

Sark's not in rehab.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/12/report-steve-sarkisian-checks-into-rehab/
Figures I should have checked again. Point being, as that article also states, he wasn't in rehab when canned. That's all that matters for the ADA.

Oh, it's always dangerous to move on from a basically successful head coach that doesn't quite hit the top rung.

Trust me, I had Lloyd Carr as a perfect example.

Especially if the outgoing coach decides he wants to sabotage the incoming guy and the program on his way out.

Trust me, I had Lloyd Carr as a perfect example.

Temple has sold out the Linc for their Halloween tilt against Notre Dame. First season with two sellouts (other was Penn State, because Penn State) since they moved their games to the Vet in 1976.

At least with the Georgia job you are guaranteed a ton of bigtime recruits.  You are assured 7-8 wins a season just based off the talent. I don't think trying someone else would be a disaster.

Oklahoma has an insane amount of money and Texas to cherry pick from recruiting wise. It's not like they will ever seriously hurt.

Now, Michigan, I can see that argument.

Dude, TEXAS fell apart. More money than any other athletic department, arguably the best facilities, right in probably the most talented state, decades of tradition as a power program... No school is immune.

• Like 1

Dude, TEXAS fell apart. More money than any other athletic department, arguably the best facilities, right in probably the most talented state, decades of tradition as a power program... No school is immune.

Texas has managed that twice.  They were mediocre for about 15 years till they got Mack Brown in.  The one exception was 1990, and even that ended poorly for them.

Texas has managed that twice. They were mediocre for about 15 years till they got Mack Brown in. The one exception was 1990, and even that ended poorly for them.

"It wasn't my fault that they built that stadium where there was a tunnel in the endzone that I scored in. It wasn't my fault that the doors were open in that tunnel. It wasn't my fault that it was not illegal for me to run through that tunnel. Don't blame me. You can blame the architects of that stadium. You can blame the University of Texas for taunting us. You can blame Robert Bailey for setting up the whole thing by knocking the first person out. You can blame Craig Erickson for throwing me the ball. You can blame the defensive back for not being good enough to cover me. It's just not my fault that I ran through that tunnel."

• Like 6

Texas has managed that twice. They were mediocre for about 15 years till they got Mack Brown in. The one exception was 1990, and even that ended poorly for them.

"It wasn't my fault that they built that stadium where there was a tunnel in the endzone that I scored in. It wasn't my fault that the doors were open in that tunnel. It wasn't my fault that it was not illegal for me to run through that tunnel. Don't blame me. You can blame the architects of that stadium. You can blame the University of Texas for taunting us. You can blame Robert Bailey for setting up the whole thing by knocking the first person out. You can blame Craig Erickson for throwing me the ball. You can blame the defensive back for not being good enough to cover me. It's just not my fault that I ran through that tunnel."

Oh I need to watch that again.

Oh, yeah.  That's the stuff.  

• Like 2

I never cuss on this board, but I cannot handle how FUCKING terrible this Auburn team is this year.

A third down defense that makes you yearn for Ted Roof(and that's saying something), an offense whose feature receiver is Ricardo Louis, drops extraordinaire, and a head coach that cannot realize his horizontal offense doesn't work. Really Gus, Jet Sweep again? Please show me where it has worked the other ten times?