DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

I think Jessica Jones does lose a lot of steam in about it's last four or five episodes.  I think the plot got a little derailed and the writers let it get away from them.  At least with Daredevil, I got the sense they were basically doing like a film version of a really awesome graphic novel and could adapt every single chapter.

I still think the show is better than Powers, but it reminded me of how overwrought Powers got in its final act of the first season.  

Also that subplot with the twin neighbors getting so much screen time was beyond ridiculous.  At least when Ben Urich had a subplot going on with Daredevil, he was a character significant to what was going on with the main plot.

And yet, somehow it got a second season while Yahoo took a huge bath on Community. I don't understand.

Not sure about the budgets, but maybe a season of Powers on PSN is cheaper than Community on Yahoo! at this point?  I mean, Also, Sony TV producing it for PlayStation Network probably saved them some money.  

Also when you think about it, there about 30 million PlayStation owners right now.  And Powers is original content you can deliver to them almost directly in between gaming.  So that's a solid viewership base to market to right off the bat.

Tying back into Marvel TV, with Netflix, I imagine they are able to monetize the Marvel/ABC deal, and the four shows of about 60 episodes were budgeted at a total of $200 million.  I imagine Netflix tries to look at, did their subscriber base have a boost at all when Daredevil or Jessica Jones premiered?  Did people who got a free week stay on as a subscriber, etc.

Harmon should forget about Community and focus on good shows like Rick and Morty.

Lol, I often feel like the only person going who doesn't get Community and actively dislikes it.  Obviously, that's not true.  The ratings consistently indicated most people were apathetic to Community, or maybe simply unaware it existed.  My wife is an uber-fan and got me to watch the NBC seasons with her, so I've seen most of the episodes.  I'm assuming it's a decent show since it has a sizable, rapid fanbase, but I get it not at all.  I think I laughed a bit at the GI Joe episode, but every other ep was completely laugh-free for me.

I have come around on Rick and Morty, though.

• Like 1

Has there been any more news on the next Neflix show? First I heard it was going to be a Cage/Iron Fist team up show. Then everything I read said it was going to be two separate shows. Now that Daredevil took off its already filming/filmed its second season and I still can't find any news on if there is going to be a Cage/Fist show at all. 

Allegedly, they are casting Danny Rand right now from what I read the other day.

It's always been DD/JJ/Cage/Fist though there were rumors recently Iron Fist might get scrapped, those were soundly denied.

Then Defenders after all that.