DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

goodhelmet

When the guy was talking about how the planet itself attacked him, I had brief, irrepressible hope that they were on Ego.

But it'll probably just end up being a planet the Kree raided or something. I need Neil deGrasse Tyson to explain the astronomy to me, though. Apparently it rotates but doesn't revolve, and the sun comes up once, in a specific place, for a few minutes at a time.

Supposedly Marvel is thinking about making Iron Fist into a Netflix movie, and replacing the TV series with one for The Punisher, and he'll replace Iron Fist in The Defenders.

That supposedly is from a "grain of salt" source that "supposedly" works at Marvel TV and was reported by Peel the Orange.net.

Would film division really be OK with that?  

Would the film division give a shit about no longer having the opportunity of doing an Iron Fist movie? I doubt they had any plans for Danny Rand in the MCU in the first place. If he really is being replaced by Punisher, then GOOD, Castle is an infinitely more interesting character than Rand.

• Like 1

i'm going to pretend the Punisher replaces Iron Fist thing isn't a thing until it's a thing. 

Also, Punisher fans aren't the worst (I guess), but it was vaguely horrifying when the actor playing Punisher remarked about the very strong positive encouragement he's received from law enforcement officers around the country over the last few months. 

• Like 1

I've seen a rather huge number of cops and soldiers who post pictures of themselves wearing Punisher shirts, or Punisher comics are in their "favorite books" section. He gets a lot of hero worship by people who don't get the joke.

• Like 2

This is so frustrating. I've had few problems with this show, while everyone else had a variety of problems with it, but I was never mad at this show until Tuesday's episode and that reveal. Fuck. Honestly, if this is going to be a major storyline this season, I might have to just leave it sitting on my DVR for awhile. Come to think of it, the only storylines I really care about is the major show arc with Daisy, and the stuff with Simmons.

I'm indifferent towards the reveal. Not fond of it, but I don't really see what is so horrible about it other than the predictability of it. The show hasn't lost me yet. I'm sort of enjoying the plot with the ACTU even if I'm tired of Inhumans. I also like what Ward is doing with HYDRA, the general hunt for him isn't so bad, and I'm curious to see where they are going with Simmons and that planet.

Another thing that bugged me about this week's episode is how everybody has found their romantic partner.  Fitz/Simmons, Daisy/Lincoln, Bobbi/Hunter, May/Andrew, Phil/whatsername.  The plotlines are bad enough this season, but to have all these contrived romantic relationships mucking it up?  Yeesh.