DVDVR Message Board

So basically, Ziggler + Shield good? Wyatt + Truth bad. Cody + Sandow bad? Young made a bit of difference. The show opened hot and it closed pretty well? I'm not sure how much of that is standard attrition since I don't pay attention every week though.

Since going to three hours, the third hour had been seeing some fairly bad drop off, from what little attention I've paid.

I'm surprised it only took 6 digits to measure the viewers lost by Rhodes/Sandow.

There's both.  They send out the booklets for one week to randomly but demographically selected homes (my mom got one once when I was in high school) and then some homes are permanent nielsen homes, with a box hooked up to their tv that measures what they watch.

Of course Bryan's segments had Triple H, the McMahons and Orton. It is the number one story in the company. 95% of Bryan's future segments until the blowoff will have some combination of Triple H, the McMahons and Orton. And really does the ebb and flow of the rating really matter? Talk to me about ratings when RAW dips to 1.0, then they will have a glaring problem.

He had Triple H, the McMahons, Cena, and Orton for his segments though. Let's see a Daniel Bryan segment rating when he just has Ziggler to work with.

You are a very grouchy person.

No, just pointing out facts.

Another fact I like to point out to you. Punk's segment got the same rating as the last segment, and all he had was Heyman, and bland as toast Axel. 

• Like 2

There's both.  They send out the booklets for one week to randomly but demographically selected homes (my mom got one once when I was in high school) and then some homes are permanent nielsen homes, with a box hooked up to their tv that measures what they watch.

Gotcha. They didn't do it because they knew they'd forget to fill it out.

Held the title for a long ass time, had two of the best feuds that year(Punk/Cena, and Punk/McMahon), and had the best match that year(Punk/McMahon). All Bryan had was the lame Team Hell No comedy skits, and a little feud with Sheamus for the worthless mid-card World Title. 

He had Triple H, the McMahons, Cena, and Orton for his segments though. Let's see a Daniel Bryan segment rating when he just has Ziggler to work with.

You are a very grouchy person.

No, just pointing out facts.

Another fact I like to point out to you. Punk's segment got the same rating as the last segment, and all he had was Heyman, and bland as toast Axel. 

I would like to point out that the three words that best describe you are stink, stank, stunk.

And also that you can't win the internet because for some reason you think you can.

Seriously, though...  Punk/Henry, Punk/Cena, Punk/Vince and Punk/Cena: Raw version stack up favorably against Bryan's top end stuff from the timeframe.  Add in the championship reign and how often they relied on him to fill up 30+ minutes of live TV, yeah, I think he definitely got screwed.

Bryan's going to win this year and next year and the year after that.  Last year was Punk's year and you bitches screwed him out of petty jealousy and spite!

Even there are only 100,000 boxes measuring what people watch..  isn't that a big enough sample to arrive fairly accurately at the total number of viewers?

A big enough sample, yes, but it's a bit self-selecting. Everyone had to agree to keep these boxes connected in perpetuity, meaning whatever percentage of people who had a problem doing that would go unrepresented. That sample can be partially (if not completely) examined by the books.

Ok, so I don't understand how Darren Young gained viewers, since his match wasn't advertised ahead of time. Were there really people switching to Raw every ten minutes going, "Is that the gay dude? Nope?" and then clicking off until his match came up??